2018/19 Coaching changes

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Either she or Cha. I think Daleman staying is a way better bet, than the other two. She's Canadian for one. But the other two? I think either one, or both, leaving from now, to sometime next off season is more than plausible. 

If I were Cha, I'd sure be thinking about it now, even if Bet does jump first. It's a far bigger cluster in the men, than the ladies, so the pressure will be through the roof there but I'd say of the three, Bet probably has the 'lowest' standing so her bailing first is realistic imo.

Tursynbayeva (and I'm not trying to be mean here), has been a non-entity at TCC. I don't see her having gained much there either. She will leave.

I don't see Cha leaving for some reason, even with all the points you brought up, though it does make it a more real possibility in my mind now. I think Daleman leaving is more likely, because Cha is still test-running it, in a sense. If he stops growing, and sees the benefits...

Another thing that makes me think Cha is staying -- Orser directed his show. (pretty throw-away reason, I know)

Orser probably discussed plans with all his skaters, especially future plans, but those can tip with circumstances.

As for Gogolev, usually I'd believe SC would be invested, but Orser was one of those who spoke out against kids doing quads... I think the focus with Gogolev might have shifted to 2026.

I also think the way TSL has worded it... I still don't think Boyang's going to have Orser as his main coach as opposed to a part of a hybrid team, so maybe it's a contract for a couple seasons. But, opposed to that, could this mean Medvedeva might leave after 2 seasons? Not sure.

I think read somewhere that Junhwan mention he would be back to TCC after ice show to prepare for new season. I can see Gabby leaving. The same with Lil bet (for the love of god, if she goes back to Eteri !!!) Arhhh I wish we have confirmation soon. Phil, where are you ?????

6 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I also think the way TSL has worded it... I still don't think Boyang's going to have Orser as his main coach as opposed to a part of a hybrid team. But does this mean Medvedeva might leave after 2 seasons? Not sure.

Zhenya? Nah, she's aiming for full 4. If she leaves before that it will be either because things are a disaster and not working out or she is injured, and simply permanently out. The ladies are in a better position though, it's fewer of them and Gabby isn't yet threatening Zhenya directly, though that may change.

But in general, as I said, I don't believe in 2 direct competitors being at the same coach, never mind more. So I think while people may plan and think it'll be fine, etc, the reality is never so rosy. People are after all, people. And TCC will have more than 2 in one place now. I hope it works out for all of them.

Unlike with  Boyang, I don't see Jason fitting into TCC but who knows, it may work. I am sure if that move is real then they already discussed it, so good luck to Jason 

Though I admit I am not happy with USFSA being in TCC  :dry:  (interpret that the way you want because I am not explaining) 

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

But in general, as I said, I don't believe in 2 direct competitors being at the same coach, never mind more. So I think while people may plan and think it'll be fine, etc, the reality is never so rosy. People are after all, people. And TCC will have more than 2 in one place now. I hope it works out for all of them.

Me too. Getting along well in ex, competition is different from traning together. Yuzuru and Javi worked out because they are the top priority and things also get tension at some points. I dont know if it could work between 3 or 4 people, not to mention they all come from big fed.

I also don't think Jason fit TCC and god US fed is the biggest drama queen :facepalm:  

Schedule?

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

I also don't think Jason fit TCC and god US fed is the biggest drama queen :facepalm:  

This is the first thing I thought.

Either Boyang's doing a hybrid team, or Brown's there for a season or two. Tursynbayeva will still leave, though.

Where are you Hersh? I intensely dislike you, but we need your nonsense for once.

Like others, I’m a little nervous if the news about Jason is true. As been stated, with so many top tier skaters being coached at one facility with their primary coach being the same it may be inevitable that everyone won’t get the attention they desire.

Also, three direct competitors training under the same roof can get dicey. Granted Yuzuru, Boyang and Brown are in different places with their careers. However, they’re still aiming for the same goals and thus things could get really intense. I remembering hearing that during this last season Yuzuru and Javi bumped heads due to the mounting pressure of competition and they’d been training together for years. So there is the potential for issues with all these talents training together. 

However this plays out, I hope it goes well for all involved.

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Yuzuru and Javi worked out because they are the top priority and things also get tension at some points. I dont know if it could work between 3 or 4 people, not to mention they all come from big fed.

Javier and Yuzuru had issues with World Championships, never mind Olympics. 

I find zero reasons to believe the situation won't repeat itself, with the current names. And there're more of them. I actually don't think Boyang will react any differently. They are all fierce competitors who are somewhat arrogant and have an ego, with an absolute belief in themselves. All of them. None of them even think they can lose. 

And now, right now, two are in the same tier, Yuzuru and Boyang. Jason right behind them, especially interesting to see him and the new rules. Cha is coming up. And then in two years time, Gogolev full steam. Worlds will be a party, never mind Olympics! :laughing:

20 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Javier and Yuzuru had issues with World Championships, never mind Olympics. 

I find zero reasons to believe the situation won't repeat itself, with the current names. And there're more of them. I actually don't think Boyang will react any differently. They are all fierce competitors who are somewhat arrogant and have an ego, with an absolute belief in themselves. All of them. None of them even think they can lose. 

And now, right now, two are in the same tier, Yuzuru and Boyang. Jason right behind them, especially interesting to see him and the new rules. Cha is coming up. And then in two years time, Gogolev full steam. Worlds will be a party, never mind Olympics! :laughing:

Training mate is totally more than just some cute moment/interection and praise in front of media. I think people take Yuzuru and Javi's situation as a standard and expect thing can only go that way. Just a imagine Yuzuru, boyang, jason, Junhwan in the same warm up group, its actually can happen soon at 4CC19. How they gonna give all skater equal attention, I dont know. Imagine Yuzuru does well at the same comp but Jason doesn't, oh all the drama from US media. I'm curious to see some of US fans reaction :popcorn:. They praise Jason as a god of artistry and shade Yuzuru and Javi as only jumper  with reputation score for a long time

I also have a feeling that Brian think Yuzuru won't go to 2022 and will retire soon, or Yuzuru give him some hints. I don't worried about Yuzuru as you said, he's at a very special point of his carrer.

Also, at this rate, i don't see Javi will be back to TCC for another EU title

maybe this is just projection, but i've always had the sense that the situation with yuzu and javi worked out largely thanks to javi's personality. i'm not sure that if it had been someone else they would have been able to navigate that relationship without things blowing up. and even still, there was obviously friction at various points. even if i'm wrong, i hope tcc aren't just coasting on the assumption that they'll be able to keep the same dynamic no matter who else comes to stay. not to be condescending or anything, they obviously know what they're doing better than i do, but i'm still wary.  i dunno, i really hope this works out well for everyone involved but... :10640793:

10 minutes ago, Katt said:

Imagine Yuzuru does well at the same comp but Jason doesn't, oh all the drama from US media. I'm curious to see some of US fans reaction :popcorn:

Seriously, this is what keeps flashing in my mind. And the hype they've poured on Chen, and the usual drama... And Rippon had problems with Orser, too, so that's fuel.

"Jason Brown is training with the best coach in the world. His training mate is Yuzuru Hanyu! (ignore everyone else)"

"Brown has lost the 4CC in Anaheim! Does this mean he isn't getting enough attention?"

Yeah. And I don't see them gelling well either.

I'm waiting for the "schedule" to be released, and for CSA's details about the arrangement.