2018/19 Coaching changes

5 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

I know @hoodie axel is screaming in joy :biggrin:

WOW WOW WOW... BOrser is collecting them all! Team Orser for the wins next season!!! I am so excited for Boyang (and Evgenia too). I think they'll be heading to Toronto at around the same time. Boyang and Evgenia were hanging out quite a bit in Korea at that ice show. Did all the deals happen in Korea???!!

So TCC has filled their quotas for new students.

So far I’m happy with the coaching changes :biggrin: well, the only unhappy thing is Wakaba’s stay :( (go to Kobe Wakaba, the team there is quite smart in terms of layout and consistency)

3 minutes ago, LucyH said:

WOW WOW WOW... BOrser is collecting them all! Team Orser for the wins next season!!! I am so excited for Boyang (and Evgenia too). I think they'll be heading to Toronto at around the same time. Boyang and Evgenia were hanging out quite a bit in Korea at that ice show. Did all the deals happen in Korea???!!

If its true then Korea must be the holy landTM :biggrin:

You know, this means TCC has major skaters from Japan, China and Russia skating feds (especially when you consider that Wakaba spent a week there, too). Now let me put my tinfoil hat on and consider: They must have discussed the arrangements with respective feds at least unofficially, and, well, this would be one way to make sure politics for TCC skaters don't get dictated by the US Fed's influence.

Disclaimer: I'M ABSOLUTELY NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is me tinfoiling, and that's it. 

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

Uhm, it doesnt say a coaching change or fully transfer. I'm waiting for chinese fed's statement. 

Says Brian said they'd be giving the direction and guidance they gave Javi. 

That has to mean Brian and Tracy will be training him. 

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You know, this means TCC has major skaters from Japan, China and Russia skating feds (especially when you consider that Wakaba spent a week there, too). Now let me put my tinfoil hat on and consider: They must have discussed the arrangements with respective feds at least unofficially, and, well, this would be one way to make sure politics for TCC skaters don't get dictated by the US Fed's influence.

Disclaimer: I'M ABSOLUTELY NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is me tinfoiling, and that's it. 

It's good tinfoiling. Won't be shocked if it's true, given what we all think of the new rules and who's behind them for whom.

5 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

It's good tinfoiling. Won't be shocked if it's true, given what we all think of the new rules and who's behind them for whom.

I forgot Gabby. (ETA: And Gogolev!) Add Canada to the list. 

That's... Every influential fed represented except one!

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I forgot Gabby. Add Canada to the list. 

That's... Every influential fed represented except one!

Daleman and the other Canadian kids are actually why I thought that SC would give the Chinese Fed whatever they wanted. They weren't going to step on those toes given where 2022 is. It's probably why they took in so many Dance teams, too. The Dance team influx was a clue.

Chinese and Korean feds are rising, and want to rise further. China has a good Pairs base, and Korea is getting there in Ladies. They want a foothold in Men next, and the USFSA has the most threatening base there currently, deserved or not.