Music talk

Winnie_20 said:
I just attended a Final Fantasy (Distant Worlds) concert, and a few weeks ago the Kingdom Hearts equivalent. Both JRPG series have so much fine music, I would absolutely love to see a program with one or more pieces from these (or other JRPG) series, possibly arranged for orchestra.

Or something Star Wars, just because we got cheated out of Leia's theme at Worlds. And it's May the Fourth be with you, so naturally I have to throw in a rec for that. :-)

Hi Winnie_20! Nice to see you over here, I'm unico from back on GS. Of course, the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts OST suggestions run eternal! The iterations on the Main Theme from Final Fantasy are wonderful to hear as well, my favourite is probably from the latest game, very celebratory, romantic, and wedding-like with delicacy and bittersweet triumph pouring from every note:

It's always a dream for me if yuzu can skate to any of this:

Kou Otani - the opened way

this is soooo epic to me

Garayev- seven beauties waltz

I like how it sounds mysterious
marlet said:
It's always a dream for me if yuzu can skate to any of this:

Kou Otani - the opened way

this is soooo epic to me

Garayev- seven beauties waltz

I like how it sounds mysterious

Shadow of the Colossus is a legendary VGOST, great choice! :drinks:

The waltz you posted makes me think of Mao's Masquerade Waltz programs, now I'm imagining Yuzuru in a similar costume :laughing:

another program like hananimare would be perfect

ABSOLUTELY!! i don't care that I've stated this many times before but Hana Ni Nare is my favourite program of all time and it makes me cry every time. i don't know why. Especially when he skated it again in 2014. Its just so emotional and th music is brilliant too! i read the translation of the lyrics and now i can't not cry when watching it. Its so beautiful and i definitely feel that this type of music suits him.

I would also very much love it if he skated to Yiruma.

This piece is perfect i feel. Or maybe something piano, but olden classical. Like Liebestraum No.3, La Campanella are just a couple off the top of my head.

Or actually, maybe it would be suitable to use korean music since olympics is in pyeongchang, so music like this would be amazing

(i also love this korean drama like mad even though its very old.)

Hana Ni Nare is sooo beautiful... everything about that program is exquisite :love: and the way his sleeves flutter when he skates is like :love:

Lol same, I kinda wish he / or another skate would skate to La Campanella...

What types/genres of music would you want to see Yuzu skate to/would suit him the best in your opinions?

I crave for more classic stuff, and like I said in another thread, something from the Classic/Romantic eras would fit him and his style of skating so well. It's easy for him to get used to, not another piece of warhorse but still perfectly in his comfort zone. Yes I would die for another classical piece :love:

Maybe not this coming season, but I feel he could make L'isle Joyeuse (

) or Mephisto Waltz No. 1 (
) work. Will he be Mephistopheles or Faust? :s_wink
Anything uptempo combining rock / classical by David Garrett / 2CELLOS (preferably live!)

Kanakana Shigure from "Hotarubi no Mori He) (some similarities to Hope and Legacy)

Yuri on Ice piano solo (not making ANY comparisons, I just really like the song!!!)

Re: you

Same I agree! I love that music. Taro Umebayashi really did some magic with that piece of music. The rise and fall and accents of the music is perfectly arranged and I can totally see him skating to it. I actually did a montage of his h&l to that sound track and it fit so well with the step sequence and the jumps!

[attachment=0]CsRlyayUAAAgnfy.jpg[/attachment]

I believe this is the list, and the double circles are the ones he LOVES, which included :

Asian dream song

Merry christmas Mr.lawrence (this song would be beautiful for him to skate to, just don't know if it will be dramatic enough for olympic)

Theme from the 12 kingdoms (which is has very distinct Asian sound, a bit like seimei, but it's from an anime not some famous opera or musical or movie, so I don't know how many judges can relate.)

2 songs from man in the iron mask (very cinematic ...but man in the iron mask is sort of associated with yagoudin as we know...)

The name of life song from the movie Spirited Away(also a Joe hisashi composition, so don't know if he wants to repeat esp. The judges don't seem to favor this type of music...)

oh my goodness, this is so interesting!!

I've never seen this snippet before....

Funny: I watched the 12 Kingdoms AGES ago and got really hooked. It's such a beautiful anime. Yuzu skating to it's theme song would be really interesting!

I'm also very eager to see him do a movie OST medley again. And though it may sound weird, I think there is a lot of beautiful material in game OSTs, also.

Ohhh so many interesting pieces :love:

Though I must say:

I'm not sure if anyone (or if I) have dropped this here already but I will continue to hype everywhere my desire for epic war instrumental music for a bombastic FS and no better than this album: [link=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7_8KJvbYl3QZ9UWdyYA6ByWXsu0M9TjS]Sun by Thomas Bergersen[/link], and especially [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izsjRpcgfmk&index=14&list=PL7_8KJvbYl3QZ9UWdyYA6ByWXsu0M9TjS]Empire of Angels[/link]. There have been some MADs made using music from this composer and they're always fantastically epic.

I totally second this :goe:

I adore the Empire of Angels mad, the music is epic, catching and not overused. The author of the video did a great job at editing, but I have no idea how the song could be translated into a figure skating program :s_dunno

I'd also love something with music from Globus or X-Ray-Dog, E.S. Posthumus and the likes... or maybe Stardust score. Or Hans Zimmer. I love his Dead man's chest score, in particular

and

I think those may be a bit too epic, though. :s_scratchhead I can dream. :smile:

Ohhh so many interesting pieces :love:

Though I must say:

I'm not sure if anyone (or if I) have dropped this here already but I will continue to hype everywhere my desire for epic war instrumental music for a bombastic FS and no better than this album: [link=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7_8KJvbYl3QZ9UWdyYA6ByWXsu0M9TjS]Sun by Thomas Bergersen[/link], and especially [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izsjRpcgfmk&index=14&list=PL7_8KJvbYl3QZ9UWdyYA6ByWXsu0M9TjS]Empire of Angels[/link]. There have been some MADs made using music from this composer and they're always fantastically epic.

I totally second this :goe:

I adore the Empire of Angels mad, the music is epic, catching and not overused. The author of the video did a great job at editing, but I have no idea how the song could be translated into a figure skating program :s_dunno

I'd also love something with music from Globus or X-Ray-Dog, E.S. Posthumus and the likes... or maybe Stardust score. Or Hans Zimmer. I love his Dead man's chest score, in particular

and

I think those may be a bit too epic, though. :s_scratchhead I can dream. :smile:

+1 for Thomas Bergesen music! Or Ivan Torrent!

Some great music suggestions here but IMO you need to think more simple and conventional. It's the Olympics season.

So Carmina Burana, La La Land soundtrack or Imagine? :grin:

Hopefully not that prosaic :rofl2: but though the idea for the SP escapes me, supposedly PW like so could be many things, I think in the long they'll go for something classical and known. Might not be a much used piece, hopefully but I doubt they'd stray from the big names tbh.

I just attended a Final Fantasy (Distant Worlds) concert, and a few weeks ago the Kingdom Hearts equivalent. Both JRPG series have so much fine music, I would absolutely love to see a program with one or more pieces from these (or other JRPG) series, possibly arranged for orchestra.

Or something Star Wars, just because we got cheated out of Leia's theme at Worlds. And it's May the Fourth be with you, so naturally I have to throw in a rec for that. :-)

I'll die if Yuzu skates to One-Winged Angel, even though only in an ice show or exhibition :love:

Yea I think if we were to play guessing game.. we should think of the more conventional, 'safe' ones.. though your suggestions were lovely!!

So... Carmen?? :smile:

/jk

Aahhh I can't think of that one composer I wanted to mention.. my brain's fried from the training earlier today (I work on Saturday isn't that awesome lol).