Music talk

On 8/12/2019 at 1:22 PM, Henni147 said:

Trusova will use it as her FS music next season. I hope that she can do justice to this amazing piece...

This weekend I made a trip back to the 70's and 80's and discovered THIS   :LOL:

Rocky Sharpe & The Replays: Rama Lama Ding Dong

Imagine Yuzu trolling us with TWO SUNGLASSES like Rocky in the video:rofl:

With Madison Chock? I wonder if she couldn't bear him on her knees in a demential circle in spread eagle...

Rocky Sharpe passed away on December 5th.

He made me think of (late, too) Patrick Topaloff, then imagine a duo between Yuzuru Hanyu and Nobunari Oda in this parody of Grease, where abusive and "trendy" Topaloff demands his grey shirt ("où est ma chemise grise?") to submissive and belated "girlfriend" (late...) Sim :

I am sure they could play it very well!

I'm afraid my mental health is suffering from drought.

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2020 at 4:22 PM, fyere0 said:

Which warhorses do you think need to be brought back and sparkled up into a Yuzu program?

For the sake of that climax alone, let's turn the Pas de Deux into a dramatic SP!

I love the idea of "Pas de deux". Misha Ge skated on this and it was so cool !

I just caught Amadeus before it finished on NT at home - never got round to watching the film and never seen the stage play - why has no one ever used this?  I don’t think it’s right for Yuzuru, but there is a great story here with wonderful music already lined up.  I can imagine Kevin Aymoz doing a great tortured bratty Mozart and someone with gravitas - p chan would have been perfect- as a driven ruthless but ultimately remorseful Salieri.

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

I just caught Amadeus before it finished on NT at home - never got round to wartching the film and never seen the stage play - why has no one ever used this?  I don’t think it’s right for Yuzuru, but there is a great story here with wonderful music already lined up.  I can imagine Kevin Aymoz doing a great tortured bratty Mozart and someone with gravitas - p chan would have been perfect- as a driven ruthless but ultimately remorseful Salieri.

As it seems so inaccurate historically, I have never watched it, but sometimes historical fantasies make great stories? Such as with French novelist Alexandre Dumas, who with real names and a few historical facts, created his own characters and had them do whatever he wanted.

Oh I don’t look for historical accuracy in a play or film - my immediate reaction was that Schaffer took the infant prodigy, the dubious cause of death and the scatological tendencies and dreamed up a Mozart who almost had Tourette’s his behaviour was so weird.  But it works as drama and that is all it is.  But if the play works, a skating routine, using the music choices from the film would work too if well done- either a Mozart who is too talented to be sane or an older rival driven mad in a different way by an excellence he cannot approach.  And the playwright did the heavy lifting re choosing what music to use!

Yeah, "Amadeus" that's a good idea. I've been watching clips on YT. It's amazing that this music has never been used in figure skating programs.

Musics from the French musical "Mozart, l'opéra rock" have been used, though.  For example by Dmitri Aliev in his short program...  And it seems to me that this season there was at least one other skater who had performed on it... but I don't remember who.  

19 minutes ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I wonder what Yuzuru would make of the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto 1 mvt 1? 

Him skating to classical would be really, really nice. Though.... imagine if he skated to Unravel...

I just looked up Unravel on piano and it's an amazing song! I think it would be an awesome song for him! Though it might be too crazy like Origin.

11 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

He's not a ghoul. Rather the opposite.

True. I've never seen Tokyo Ghoul not even sure what it is. But he isn't a disfigured phantom of the opera either.

I think he could skate to anything that is beautiful.