Music talk

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well I guess we could go Chopin-Cyberbird/new FS-Seimei EX....dear !lurker Yuzu, whereever you are, please make it happen? I kinda liked this thread....

But wait, if Yuzuru lurks here, that means he probably saw my Teletubbies video :embSwan: I'm conflicted.

1 hour ago, Anony said:

But wait, if Yuzuru lurks here, that means he probably saw my Teletubbies video :embSwan: I'm conflicted.

Oh he'll be a good sport about it, and even compliment how well you timed his jump landings to the music. XD If the Seimei 2.0 was Troll Max, then I guess we can begin this thread anew? Though I am now thinking seriously about firebird....

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Oh he'll be a good sport about it, and even compliment how well you timed his jump landings to the music. XD If the Seimei 2.0 was Troll Max, then I guess we can begin this thread anew? Though I am now thinking seriously about firebird....

Very possible .... Warhorse - check, never done before - check, attract the audience and judges - double check ...:agree:

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm genuinely curious of what he would think about it now haha...

Bird themed FS, come on Yuzuru, go make that 20 different symbolism to your namesake and the amount of feather embroidered/carved belongings you have.

19 minutes ago, Anony said:

I'm genuinely curious of what he would think about it now haha...

Bird themed FS, come on Yuzuru, go make that 20 different symbolism to your namesake and the amount of feather embroidered/carved belongings you have.

Well he did do Firebird before as a wee baby mushroom. 

Warhorse music and never been done before, a new piece has come to my attention-Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. 

And since I mentioned Liszt before, what about the piece Harmonies Du Soir? https://youtu.be/IPbuy1_H46w The part at around 5:30ish could work very well as step sequence. 

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well he did do Firebird before as a wee baby mushroom. 

Warhorse music and never been done before, a new piece has come to my attention-Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. 

And since I mentioned Liszt before, what about the piece Harmonies Du Soir? https://youtu.be/IPbuy1_H46w The part at around 5:30ish could work very well as step sequence. 

Harmonies Du Sour could make a nice SP, I'm not sure about FS tho. Imo, it lacks the suspense element that I think has been becoming of Yuzuru's style lately(or at least in his Free programs). Also some parts of the piece might be a tad fast for anyone to skate to in an FS.

4 minutes ago, Anony said:

Harmonies Du Sour could make a nice SP, I'm not sure about FS tho. Imo, it lacks the suspense element that I think has been becoming of Yuzuru's style lately(or at least in his Free programs). Also some parts of the piece might be a tad fast for anyone to skate to in an FS.

Yes, I was thinking SP too, until Chopin 3.0 happened...ugh, maybe 18/19 season.

Since we're on the topic of Ballade 1, question is, which pianist's interpretation did he use? Or will he use if music edits are updated?

One, is Richter's playing of Ballade 1 on Youtube, and if Yuzu is going for a more intimidating, passionate and fierce Chopin, then Richter might be the pianist to go with. https://youtu.be/v9Dc2u7P1d4 The section for the footwork is intense. Then there's the Cortot version-https://youtu.be/_9GBjQyvtAM (yes, it seems he did slip up a little).

Eh...I want to see Yuzu skate Chopin's Tristesse...

I like Ballade No4 too, just like must of Chopin pieces. But different Chopin music and even different cuts from Ballade No1 demanding new choreography and becoming new program eventually. In that point he could do SP with any other music either. And could bring back Seimei. Just like Shoma did (I don't think his new SP will be too different from last one. But still it's considering as a new one. So minimal choreo work with new SP and none with LP).

If the goal of 3xBallade is that he doesn't want to waste his time with new choreo then it's going to be the same program, with little changes maybe. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways, either with new SP or very probable 3xBallade seems its going to be classical, and I'm pleased with it :smile:

Well... Iet's just hope that third time is the charm. :smiley-angelic001: Otherwise I confess I am disappointed. I'll very likely like the program when I see it, but I really hoped for so much more. Dangit, I would have reconciled myself with Gershwin, Rachmaninoff, Firebird or even Swan Lake better than this. I know I shouldn't have expected something original, since it's apparently the Oly strategy of the team and LGC didn't work as they hoped, but still, I was hoping for two brand new programs. Hopefully the season after that, then. *fingers crossed*

Ugh... Just rewatched stephane lambiel' s merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence from today's FaoI broadcast.... I now reeeeealy want Yuzu to skate to this music with live pianist at some point in his life...such a beautiful piece of music...:sadPooh:

(Please bless us with more programs after the war-horsey olympic season please‼)