Team Japan

My main issue is the amount of prerotation. I also dislike the fact that if you address it you're labeled as a hater, while people talk about it for Satoko for example, without any problems...but that's another story.

I also think he should get an edge call for that lutz, the fact that he's trying 4lz (which is both prerotated and has a wrong edge) is very... :roll:

I think that if he wasn't so concerned with upping his BV he could develop/improve certain things about his skating that I quite dislike now (like lack of transitions), but at this point I'm not sure it will happen any time soon tbh, which is a shame.

Even with the wrong edge call, a 4Lz would be 9.5 points, which is significantly higher than 3Lz especially with a wrong edge call, and you know he won't be called on it half the time

yes but that is what bothers me the most :mad:

There are other things he should work on, rather than a 4lze (with 270 degrees of prerotation .___.)

If the judges followed the handbook he wouldn't be tempted to do that lol

My main issue is the amount of prerotation. I also dislike the fact that if you address it you're labeled as a hater, while people talk about it for Satoko for example, without any problems...but that's another story.

I also think he should get an edge call for that lutz, the fact that he's trying 4lz (which is both prerotated and has a wrong edge) is very... :roll:

Same thoughts. Satoko and Shoma have same issues (both being tiny) with jumps but somehow you can say anything about her and nothing about him without being stigmatized?

I quite liked Shoma as junior, when he was doing just triples. Even his 4T wasn't too bad at his first year of doing it.

Btw reports from PIW mention him trying 4Lz at the shows. Seriously :ohno:

yuzuangel said:
Even with the wrong edge call, a 4Lz would be 9.5 points, which is significantly higher than 3Lz especially with a wrong edge call, and you know he won't be called on it half the time

Of course, which is why I am sure that he'll be trying to get that jump to be stable. He's not being punished and he knows it. If they actually nixed his Flip which isn't even a Flip, if they called his Lz, if they called his URs ... if, if, if.

To be honest, I've sort of, well not given up, but here at least, you can all take it for granted that this is my opinion so I won't bang on about it. What I mean is until the panel and the judges start doing their jobs, he won't change anything and that's just that.

ETA Lol ok I posted before Dara did but exactly. Of course he's trying the 4Lz at shows. Why wouldn't he?

Same thoughts. Satoko and Shoma have same issues (both being tiny) with jumps but somehow you can say anything about her and nothing about him without being stigmatized?

I quite liked Shoma as junior, when he was doing just triples. Even his 4T wasn't too bad at his first year of doing it.

Btw reports from PIW mention him trying 4Lz at the shows. Seriously :ohno:

Yep exactly. But it's not just that they don't call the edge and urs or address prerotation issues, they even award it high GOEs lol

Which is why he goes for it.

Soooo, Do you guys think Shoma will add 4Lz next season?

Yup.

Welp.

His salchow has never been a strong jump right?

Do you know the BV difference between Yuzu and Shoma from last season? In Long program

Welp.

His salchow has never been a strong jump right?

Do you know the BV difference between Yuzu and Shoma from last season? In Long program

Yes, his Sal has always been iffy and though he's worked on it, I think he'd much rather go for the 4Lz so I expect it.

And you can use this for a start - clicky - just remember he's already adjusted, with the second 4F during WTT.

Shoma's BV at Worlds is 104.74 (Yuzu's 103.43). Both of them manage to perform their plan BV for the 1st time in the season, I think.