8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It's exactly the same as one with 4S3T and 4T, as posted in the tables previously. :biggrin:

I can't find that exact one right now (so many pages) but I do believe that I'd rather see 4T combo and 4S alone than the contrary. We can't worry about so many things all together during his FS :laughing: If I have to worry about his 4Lz, I won't have time to worry about CoD. Even if he solved it by the end of this season. I wouldn't risk it. It is a major psychological trigger, imo. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I can't find that exact one right now (so many pages) but I do believe that I'd rather see 4T combo and 4S alone than the contrary. We can't worry about so many things all together during his FS :laughing: If I have to worry about his 4Lz, I won't have time to worry about CoD. Even if he solved it by the end of this season. I wouldn't risk it. It is a major psychological trigger, imo. 

Here

It's 162.27.

I think this is probably it, if he uses the 4Lz. He's loved the combo at WTT, with the 3 quads in the second half. I also prefer the 4T-3T and a solo 4S but then technically speaking he could also go for the 4Lo-3T, or double 4S. 

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Here

It's 162.27.

I think this is probably it, if he uses the 4Lz. He's loved the combo at WTT, with the 3 quads in the second half. I also prefer the 4T-3T and a solo 4S but then technically speaking he could also go for the 4Lo-3T, or double 4S. 

I did the BV calculations on those options too a while ago but I've been avoiding thinking of layouts with 4Lz AND 4Lo3T for my peace of mind. 

Edit: I'd be a bit sad at the idea of him dropping 4S3T entirely after spending so much time finally wrestling it into submission. :laughing:

27 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Here

It's 162.27.

Thank you! 

I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling with 4Lz... I feel like he will add it in a later time, after watching other skaters having upgraded their layouts like crazy. A la Skate Canada 2015. Of course, if he sees he doesn't need it... but... fighting Nathan on his first GP series will be decisive for him. 

Or maybe he's already intensely training 4Lz and we will see a wonderful, perfect 4Lz during the TCC broadcast in 15 days. 

In any case, I would rule out 4Lz + 4L3T because if this year made him realize how important being clean is, then that road would definitely be kinda incoherent with that info. 

@Murieleirum He's the kind of person who tends to go all out, much like he did last season and the necessity is already pretty apparent. I think we'll see it right away but in any case, if we're lucky, we have about three weeks until we know at least something!

38 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I did the BV calculations on those options too a while ago but I've been avoiding thinking of layouts with 4Lz AND 4Lo3T for my peace of mind. 

Edit: I'd be a bit sad at the idea of him dropping 4S3T entirely after spending so much time finally wrestling it into submission. :laughing:

It is true that he's conquered it and I'm sure CoD will show up if he feels like there are no further issues but if he goes for five, with three in the second half, it might be that he'd go for the safer 4T-3T, keeping the overall picture in mind. It'd be less pressure overall. I mean he does have the whole 'highest average' and looking up to Zhenya thing going, so I guess it'll depend on what has the highest chances of giving him that. It's also why I too do not see the 4Lo-3T showing up in the free.

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

@Murieleirum He's the kind of person who tends to go all out, much like he did last season and the necessity is already pretty apparent. I think we'll see it right away but in any case, if we're lucky, we have about three weeks until we know at least something!

It is true that he's conquered it and I'm sure CoD will show up if he feels like there are no further issues but if he goes for five, with three in the second half, it might be that he'd go for the safer 4T-3T, keeping the overall picture in mind. It'd be less pressure overall. I mean he does have the whole 'highest average' and looking up to Zhenya thing going, so I guess it'll depend on what has the highest chances of giving him that. It's also why I too do not see the 4Lo-3T showing up in the free.

That makes a lot of sense, especially with his feelings on the reliability of 4T. So 4T3T and 4S might just be what he'll go for. 

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

That makes a lot of sense, especially with his feelings on the reliability of 4T. So 4T3T and 4S might just be what he'll go for. 

And now we've jinxed it so we better get the vodka prepared :laughing:

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I don't drink. How will I get through this!?

Same here. My coping mechanism of choice is eating my feelings and ranting my frustrations at poor, supportive, not-so-invested-in-FS friends :tumblr_inline_mpl4o1ilQc1qz4rgp:

28 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I don't drink. How will I get through this!?

Lots and lots of chocolate? :biggrin:

Oh yes, forgot. About Javi's triple combo. Yes, using the 'Plushy' one would make much more sense and be a big impact too but it's dreadfully hard. Even Plush would dg the last to a 2Lo on occasion. Honestly I don't think he can stabilize that one. But gah, yes, I'd love to see that one return. I suppose that's one of the reasons I love the 4-1-3, because it's new and effective.

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Lots and lots of chocolate? :biggrin:

Oh yes, forgot. About Javi's triple combo. Yes, using the 'Plushy' one would make much more sense and be a big impact too but it's dreadfully hard. Even Plush would dg the last to a 2Lo on occasion. Honestly I don't think he can stabilize that one. But gah, yes, I'd love to see that one return. I suppose that's one of the reasons I love the 4-1-3, because it's new and effective.

Yeah, I soon realized the reason for using a 4T3T3Lo (the factoring at 1 instead of 0.7) would also mean that failure would weigh heavier, and thus any combo with -3Lo should only be used if you can be sure you can rotate that -3Lo.

Whatever Javi chooses to do for next season, though, one thing is for certain: he needs to ditch any and all combos on his 3F. Doing the GOE/jump statistics for men made me realize how he failed to get any positive GOE on his 3F-1Lo-3S combo all season, either because of unclear edge calls (more frequent) or pops!

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Whatever Javi chooses to do for next season, though, one thing is for certain: he needs to ditch any and all combos on his 3F. Doing the GOE/jump statistics for men made me realize how he failed to get any positive GOE on his 3F-1Lo-3S combo all season, either because of unclear edge calls (more frequent) or pops!

If I had a penny for every time someone had to 'ditch' something and they didn't, I'd be rich. Starting with Gracie last season and on! I guess yet another thing that we'll have to wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

If I had a penny for every time someone had to 'ditch' something and they didn't, I'd be rich. Starting with Gracie last season and on! I guess yet another thing that we'll have to wait and see. 

To be honest, the same could be applied to Yuzu and his 4S combo...