Romeo + Juliet 1

LoL. It's my second favorite program from him. And I like how those shiny straps across his costume resemble machine gun rounds. Like his Romeo was ready to commit genocide on those who stand between him and his lady before he found out his lady "died" and decided to take his own life the way he thought he took hers.

...people thought he was this cute, harmless little thing back in 2013, early 2014, chastising Chan for viewing him as a threat and treating him as such when all the kid seemingly wielded as weapons were blinding smiles and Pooh bears. I bet Chan wants to serve up a big fat I told you so to those who criticized him then.

So no, I actually meant bullets. Sparkly bullets, but bullets nonetheless. Loaded with extra gunpowder. With big guns hidden on his body somewhere.

After that fall at Worlds 2012, that little young man surely didn't know that he would become a lovely secret part of my life. Everytime I think about that program, there are 2 Rs popped: ROMEO & RAW. Everytime I rewatched the Nice performance, I don't call him Yuzu, I just call him "My little Romeo" :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

:sadPooh:Nice's performance fills me with nostalgia and a guilty feeling of "what if..." what if i hadn't turned off my tv because i was too scared to get back to FS. I'm pretty sure it was World's 2012 what i almost saw...

And the costume oooh the costume. I think it's one of my favorites! 

Now when i listen to the music or watch the performances of this program i long for the tiny and wild Romeo he was there. Maybe is the innocence of youth that i miss but idk, to see him so full of potential (and at Worlds that face with a bronze...) It's like looking back at happy days that won't come back, which is weird because i adore the skater he became...

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It's like looking back at happy days that won't come back, which is weird because i adore the skater he became...

I think I understand what you mean here. He's gone through the path of becoming an adult and his skating reflects that. He/His skating's a lot calmer but somehow, sometime sadder, and broken.

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Now when i listen to the music or watch the performances of this program i long for the tiny and wild Romeo he was there. Maybe is the innocence of youth that i miss but idk, to see him so full of potential (and at Worlds that face with a bronze...) It's like looking back at happy days that won't come back, which is weird because i adore the skater he became...

It's the innocence, passion, and recklessness of youth, for sure. I got that same feeling so strongly after watching 24hr Ienai yo. He's unbelievably wonderful now but that skinny little kid who flailed his heart and soul about all over the ice was so endearing. If I ever have kids I am pumping them full of anti-growth hormones, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Brunch also, just to be safe.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's the innocence, passion, and recklessness of youth, for sure. I got that same feeling so strongly after watching 24hr Ienai yo. He's unbelievably wonderful now but that skinny little kid who flailed his heart and soul about all over the ice was so endearing. If I ever have kids I am pumping them full of anti-growth hormones, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Brunch also, just to be safe.

YES.

I watched 24H TV Ienai Yo only twice. It is beautiful but heartbreaking, i can't explain why. It's a different kind of heartbreak to that of Boston's Requiem. 

When i watch RJ1 i think about so many things...

"What if someone told that sparkly noodle that he would become the greatest skater of this time?"

"What if he could see, standing on that podium holding his bronze medal tightly, that he would stand at the top many many times?"

I think too, of how tired he was, that he fell as he was skating. And how years later he broke his own record and won the world title (again!) even after struggling with injury the season before and, now that we saw the 24h tv segment, a bad asthma attack before Helsinki. 

I feel happy thinking about how far he has come, but i sure miss wild Yuzu, mostly because i wasn't around to cheer for that noodly bby :sadPooh:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

YES.

I watched 24H TV Ienai Yo only twice. It is beautiful but heartbreaking, i can't explain why. It's a different kind of heartbreak to that of Boston's Requiem. 

When i watch RJ1 i think about so many things...

"What if someone told that sparkly noodle that he would become the greatest skater of this time?"

"What if he could see, standing on that podium holding his bronze medal tightly, that he would stand at the top many many times?"

I think too, of how tired he was, that he fell as he was skating. And how years later he broke his own record and won the world title (again!) even after struggling with injury the season before and, now that we saw the 24h tv segment, a bad asthma attack before Helsinki. 

I feel happy thinking about how far he has come, but i sure miss wild Yuzu, mostly because i wasn't around to cheer for that noodly bby :sadPooh:

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

Is there a word for painful nostalgia? I feel like there must be but I can't think of it. 

Ugh, too many emotions.

The drama surrounding 2012 Worlds alone is worthy of a movie. He is an incredible character with a perfect story. And it's not even over! 

R&J1, what can I say? This program holds a special place in my heart.

I had never seen such raw emotion exhibited with such wild abandon in figure skating before.

I just couldn't take my eyes off this young Romeo who was obviously giving his all.

Watching it for the first time was like finding a wonderful treasure when you least expected it, and the emotions I felt then, I can still remember until now.

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Japanese to the rescue. I feel 「懐かしい」 (natsukashii) when watching Nice's Romeo. It's the perfect word :sadPooh:

There's still not enough achy aching in natsukashii for this situation (it's my most favouritest word because I refuse to live in the moment but my emotions!)