Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 2nd 'RE_PRAY' TOUR - Miyagi

Yesterday I re_watched "RE_PRAY Miyagi" on Beyond LIVE for the last time (end of the archive viewing period  :crybaby:).

I'd like to post some observations - beyond the following obvious ones (most of which have been valid from the very first show in November 2023 and even longer) like:
- The show was great, and very interesting even for a non-gamer like me.
- Yuzu's skating is exquisite and mesmerizing (as always  :clap:  )
- He is sooo adorable in the encore/goodbye section of the show.  :love:

I was soooo happy for Yuzu that all the jumps were flawless in this last show  - *G*O*A*T*  :worship:

What struck me in this last viewing even stronger than almost ever before:
- Yuzu's musicality and sense of rhythm is *A*M*A*Z*I*N*G* !!! Every move/gesture, however small, is perfectly attuned to the notes/rhythm/cadence of the music - in every programme (but especially notable in Messenger..., Haku, Haru yo koi), and in the editing of the "Making-of/Behind the scenes" to the Rondo music (I'm making assumptions but I'd like to think that Yuzu has done the editing himself).
- The little extra steps at the very beginning of "Haru yo koi" (one of my top fav programs) - I never saw/noticed this before.

----------------------------

And now I've got to get sth off my chest ... 

In all the years of being a fanyu, I've always been very happy to hear the many loud cheers and screams of the audience supporting and hailing Yuzu - he deserves every little bit of it, and more.  :party0019:

I do apologize in advance if I inadvertently offend anyone ...
but I have to confess that I found the repeated screams during the "Megalovania Intro" quite inappropriate and extremely annoying; they (almost) ruined my enjoyment of that part. Imo, the only sounds meant to be heard during the intro were supposed to be the stomps and scrapes of Yuzu's skates - no music, and also, imho, no noise/interruptions (hysterics, sorry!) from the audience.
(I found myself shouting at my PC screen: "Shut up! Don't disturb him!")
(I was wondering whether the one single Yuzu stomp after the spraying of the camera was an indication of his wish that the screaming may stop ?)

Then, "to add insult to injury" as the saying goes, that laugh in the audience !!! What was that supposed to be about? What were they thinking?  :gaah:

And finally, NO clapping, NO cheers at all at the end of the intro (before the music set in) !!! Huh? I really don't understand - that would have been the appropriate time for the audience to express its satisfaction with Yuzu's performance; I certainly would have been clapping at that point.

Btw, I felt a similar but milder annoyance at the screams during "Danny Boy" (Notte stellata Day 1).

Sorry for the long diatribe.  :smiley-scared003:
Am I a "bad" fanyu for feeling this way ?  :dontknow:  If so, then please forgive me.     :slinkaway:

7 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Yesterday I re_watched "RE_PRAY Miyagi" on Beyond LIVE for the last time (end of the archive viewing period  :crybaby:).

I'd like to post some observations - beyond the following obvious ones (most of which have been valid from the very first show in November 2023 and even longer) like:
- The show was great, and very interesting even for a non-gamer like me.
- Yuzu's skating is exquisite and mesmerizing (as always  :clap:  )
- He is sooo adorable in the encore/goodbye section of the show.  :love:

I was soooo happy for Yuzu that all the jumps were flawless in this last show  - *G*O*A*T*  :worship:

What struck me in this last viewing even stronger than almost ever before:
- Yuzu's musicality and sense of rhythm is *A*M*A*Z*I*N*G* !!! Every move/gesture, however small, is perfectly attuned to the notes/rhythm/cadence of the music - in every programme (but especially notable in Messenger..., Haku, Haru yo koi), and in the editing of the "Making-of/Behind the scenes" to the Rondo music (I'm making assumptions but I'd like to think that Yuzu has done the editing himself).
- The little extra steps at the very beginning of "Haru yo koi" (one of my top fav programs) - I never saw/noticed this before.

----------------------------

And now I've got to get sth off my chest ... 

In all the years of being a fanyu, I've always been very happy to hear the many loud cheers and screams of the audience supporting and hailing Yuzu - he deserves every little bit of it, and more.  :party0019:

I do apologize in advance if I inadvertently offend anyone ...
but I have to confess that I found the repeated screams during the "Megalovania Intro" quite inappropriate and extremely annoying; they (almost) ruined my enjoyment of that part. Imo, the only sounds meant to be heard during the intro were supposed to be the stomps and scrapes of Yuzu's skates - no music, and also, imho, no noise/interruptions (hysterics, sorry!) from the audience.
(I found myself shouting at my PC screen: "Shut up! Don't disturb him!")
(I was wondering whether the one single Yuzu stomp after the spraying of the camera was an indication of his wish that the screaming may stop ?)

Then, "to add insult to injury" as the saying goes, that laugh in the audience !!! What was that supposed to be about? What were they thinking?  :gaah:

And finally, NO clapping, NO cheers at all at the end of the intro (before the music set in) !!! Huh? I really don't understand - that would have been the appropriate time for the audience to express its satisfaction with Yuzu's performance; I certainly would have been clapping at that point.

Btw, I felt a similar but milder annoyance at the screams during "Danny Boy" (Notte stellata Day 1).

Sorry for the long diatribe.  :smiley-scared003:
Am I a "bad" fanyu for feeling this way ?  :dontknow:  If so, then please forgive me.     :slinkaway:

If a disc collection of RE_PRAY is released, it will be interesting whether the sounds inside the arena are rebalanced to optimise the sensory experience of viewers watching the discs. 

The silent intro to Megalovania had massive impact at its inaugural performance, the audience were sitting in stunned silence because a programme without added sound was novel and pioneering. The sound of Yuzu's blades on the ice was incredible, a genuinely spine tingling experience.

• 1 month later...