Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

3 minutes ago, Neenah said:

It seems you have everything figured out then :2thumbsup:

Hope you find something fun to do with your in-laws, I am sure you have things you all enjoy doing that would make the visit great for everyone.

They come pretty often, every month sometimes, because there's family in this city and they've retired and moved away to have fun. :P  They're here for their friend's 60th birthday in a few days. They usually stay for three or four days, though. A week is enough time for everybody to have a proper tantrum.

Well, there's the World Cup. That'll be a good outlet for all shouting. 

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Seem like I’m battling the heat wave and I’m losing. First yesterday power outage and now my ac died. Two different store don’t have it and I’m hold with another store. Please pray for me :headdesk2:

:consoling2: please drink plenty of fluids

18 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:consoling2: please drink plenty of fluids

Yes I got one of those big gulp cups filled to brim with ice and water  :8232307:

Three stores down.. one have shipment tomorrow ....on the phone with another store ..... :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Yes I got one of those big gulp cups filled to brim with ice and water  :8232307:

Three stores down.. one have shipment tomorrow ....on the phone with another store ..... :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

Don't forget to rehydrate properly, cold electrolyte solutions are a god-send!

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Don't forget to rehydrate properly, cold electrolyte solutions are a god-send!

You mean like Powerade or Gatorade? I got juice :68468287: but good news is that one of store have an ac. Kinda on the expensive side.... but I can’t live with no ac :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

You mean like Powerade or Gatorade? I got juice :68468287: but good news is that one of store have an ac. Kinda on the expensive side.... but I can’t live with no ac :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

That helps too, but at least here, drinks that are specifically to treat dehydration by heat exhaustion or illness are sold in every convenience store and drugstore :P

16 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

That helps too, but at least here, drinks that are specifically to treat dehydration by heat exhaustion or illness are sold in every convenience store and drugstore :P

What drink is that? The only think I can think of is Gatorade type drinks. 

34 minutes ago, Sammie said:

What drink is that? The only think I can think of is Gatorade type drinks. 

I'm not sure if it's just a different type of marketing, as Gatorade is aimed at athletes, but it comes in flavours like grape, coconut, lemon, apple and stuff like that, not gatorade-like flavours. There are many of them so is hard to mention just one

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm not sure if it's just a different type of marketing, as Gatorade is aimed at athletes, but it comes in flavours like grape, coconut, lemon, apple and stuff like that, not gatorade-like flavours. There are many of them so is hard to mention just one

That sounds a lot better then Gatorade. The flavors sounds really yummy. I don’t think they have it here  :13877886:

Just now, Sammie said:

That sounds a lot better then Gatorade. The flavors sounds really yummy. I don’t think they have it here  :13877886:

The apple one is delicious when cold <3 the strawberry one was a bit too sweet for me... Or maybe it was because i was dangerously dehydrated when i drank it...

4 hours ago, wingman said:

@WinForPooh

Oh wow, that's some strict in-laws you have. I assume you guys don't have kids (toddlers, for instance). For us, we are forced to a bare minimum cleaning (ie: pick everything up the floor) and that takes like... an hour everyday.

They're not really strict as in... They just make us feel like we're in kindergarten and forgot to tidy up the toys chest again, a few times a day. lol No, no kids, I don't think the scolding would make a dent if there were kids to worry about, water off a duck's back then.

I've made them sound like ogres. They're really not, they're very nice. She makes me my favourite foods before she makes her son what he likes, and she can do things with vegetables that I could never. They're just really really nitpicky about everything being sparkling clean and pretty. And it's been so windy! Dust, dust everywhere! 

So, this monday I might just kill my university teachers. 

On monday I have my last two exams of the session, nothing major, just my first fudging Japanese exam and English. And they put them at the same time in different rooms. Don't ask me why they are so stupid and they cannot see that there are many students that have to take both exams. 

I was desperate also because I tried to talk with my fellow students about this and no one seemed to care? Everyone was like 'well, I'll only take one of them, whatever'. Ugh. I hate everyone. 

Thus, I sent an e-mail to my teachers asking them if they would let me do both exams. Basically, since Japanese's exam lasts 3 hours and English exam lasts 1 hour, I will sacrifice one hour of Japanese exam to go and do the English exam. The exams will be pretty easy for my level anyways, but. Stress. 

If they say no, I might just hate them for life. I've sacrificed every little bit of free time I had these days to prepare 2 exams + working every day. I can't.