Technical problems

3 hours ago, Neenah said:

I am not sure if it is only me, but lately the size of the embedded tweets shrunk. They became longer with less width. It is not a huge problem since the text is actually bigger but the pictures and videos in the tweets are very small now, so I can't see them well without opening the tweet itself. It is a bit annoying with my slow internet.

I am experiencing this too, but for me, this is the second time. The size of the embedded tweets returned to normal for a while, sometime around April, May, or June? I don't remember. Wondering if it is this site or Twitter. But I also wonder if it is convenient this way for those who access this site via smartphone? 

On 7/11/2020 at 4:16 AM, Neenah said:

I am not sure if it is only me, but lately the size of the embedded tweets shrunk. They became longer with less width. It is not a huge problem since the text is actually bigger but the pictures and videos in the tweets are very small now, so I can't see them well without opening the tweet itself. It is a bit annoying with my slow internet.

On 7/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, sweetwater said:

I am experiencing this too, but for me, this is the second time. The size of the embedded tweets returned to normal for a while, sometime around April, May, or June? I don't remember. Wondering if it is this site or Twitter. But I also wonder if it is convenient this way for those who access this site via smartphone? 

Let me check this out and see if we can change it. I prefer the larger tweets as well.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:16 AM, Neenah said:

On 7/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, sweetwater said:

Update: I got this response:

Twitter have recently updated the style of their embeds, which is causing this issue on many websites (you may also notice it on other websites you browse).

We have a change for this issue in our upcoming 4.5 release that allows the embeds to be the expected size.

So hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, princeyuzu said:

I was trying to upload my profile picture (the banner too) and it was not working, it is not a huge problem but i thought it worth a comment anyways ヾ(•ω•`)o

yeah, sorry. this, and a few other issues, are caused by something that broke during the upgrade. we're working on fixing it, but figuring out what went wrong is taking a while. one day (hopefully soon) it will be fixed!