The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

On 9/20/2024 at 6:56 PM, barbara said:

Question to all, semi-unrelated: I am trying to pick a song, or 90-120 seconds of a song for the mother-son dance at Chris' wedding (that I am still anything but thrilled about).  I would love something BTS or one of the members, but feel that some English lyrics would be a good idea.  Which song?  Which 90-120 seconds?  It shouldn't be super high tempo but okay for it to not be sllooooowww.  Something with love and care and support in it, but not in a boy-girl specific way.  I like Lights but it's in Japanese and no English at all, but does show love and support.

I may just end up with In my Life, the Beatles, but it's used a lot.  Just putting it out there.....

Can't remember what I recommended when you first asked🙈, soooo, I would say you can find my answer maybe 20 pages back😅😉

On 9/22/2024 at 6:36 PM, barbara said:

He met up with Hobi.  For some reason, nothing I send to my email from Twitter is sending -

Someone suggested on one of the posts I can't seem tto sen to myself that Chris Martin, who we know is close to Jin, did ask Dakota to make sure she touched based with Jin, and the interaction is so sweet.

And I went to Jungkook's documentary late yesterday afternoon.  Must see stuff.  The time line is definitely not linear and trying to fit in when he and Jimin went (after the GMA rained out show) on their first trip and then the timing of the Jeju trip is tricky.  No spoilers, as everyone else has said - but know that at the end there is a QR code to scan for a little extra.  It does seem like such an utter shame and sadness that JK, and all the members - after amazing solo outings - had to disappear from their careers.  JK, because he did all the Golden promo closest to enlistment, is a sad example of that.  Absolutely killing it and, boom, gone for 18 months....

Sigh....and it looks like I won't be able to watch it😔. Next saturday is the last chance and I forgott that I will go on a short trip on sunday🙈, so most likely I will be busy on saturday....well guess, like everyone else, I will wait (hope) for disney+ or vod.

20 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

What's going on???

This screams hint or spoiler. Thats too much of a coincidence to not mean something in this direction.

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Those shoulders ... :girlsigh:

I mean, the outfit is ok, but it doesn't slay like some of his looks he did for the magazine shoot. 

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

I mean, the outfit is ok, but it doesn't slay like some of his looks he did for the magazine shoot.

Tbh, the best shot of him in Milan is the one he posted to his insta, of himself at the rooftop afterparty, posing with the city behind him. It's also the best of the Gucci outfits, looks relaxed, elegant, and luxe at the same time. Considering that there were so many society and fashion photographers running around snapping shots, it's truly weird that the only one who thought to get that kind of a pic of him was his own crew

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tbh, the best shot of him in Milan is the one he posted to his insta, of himself at the rooftop afterparty, posing with the city behind him. It's also the best of the Gucci outfits, looks relaxed, elegant, and luxe at the same time. Considering that there were so many society and fashion photographers running around snapping shots, it's truly weird that the only one who thought to get that kind of a pic of him was his own crew

He had changed into a nice black shirt for the after party - and I like that look better than what he wore earlier in the day.  I would bet on his having a stylist and someone doing make-up for the actual fashion photoshoot and I don't think he had make-up on in Milan.  If he did, it was very light.  He doesn't need it to look delicious but he's always done up for fashion shoots.

I read that ROK is reviewing JK's documentary so it's likely it will show up, in time, on a streaming service or maybe a VOD on Weverse (like during some lull in promotion for Jin and/or Hobi unless there's something being held back that was shot before the others had to show up for the military.  I don't recall any "language" anywhere in the film so it should get a reasonable rating.  

The film is not linear.  I'm not sure it's possible to nail down exact times when any of it was shot, except for the known public appearances.  And the final bit (no spoilers) was clearly shot after Are You Sure? wrapped.

It's only a touch more than three weeks before Hobi is back.  Would any promotion for Jin's release come before that or will there be a wait?  Between any content produced by Jin and then Hobi, there is 8 months before the four get out (and then Yoongi) and that's a lot of time to fill.  I'd guess JK's film is only one of several things that will be released during that time.

12 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Complete irrelevant and an absolutely superficial comment but it's always bothered me how stone faced IU is. The upper part of her face never moves, her eyes are completely frozen. My friend nailed it when I mentioned it to them. She looks like an ice queen.

She's always struck me as very innocent looking. But I see what you mean about the top part of her face. kind of odd - you wouldn't think that she'd already be getting botox

7 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I think the appeal of this outfit is more in the interesting way the top is made. I also think Jin looks great in that type of neckline and partly undone button shirts, which creates a similar silhouette. But I don't think the color suits him

We found Hobi's doppelganger. I'm curious who the model is - I'd like to look her up to see if she really does look like Hobi or if it's more the angle and makeup

I wonder if Snoop posted this before or after he collab'd with the guys. Comments are wondering if Snoop knows that's JK

spoiler for explicit language:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Supposedly the first photo of Bangtan - babies.  Eight? Who is the guy in the middle?  This is after Jimin is in and i thought that's when the final 7 was finalized.  (just read further down the thread and it's Supreme Boi?)

The guy next to Namjoon (black top red pants) is Supreme Boy.

45 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Namjoon's docu will be presented at Busan filmfest.

How sad that he won't be able to go to this.

Stealing Hobi's distinctive look and styling should somehow be personally compensated.  Maybe it's a compliment - in fact, it must be - but Hobi carries that look off so smoothly.  I don't like the imitation.

And I guess Supreme Boi just didn't want to go the idol route, but chose to produce.  He's still an integral part of BigHit/Hybe but I wonder if he's at all sorry about the choices he's made.  I think not.  We know Yoongi hopes to end up, years from now, producing and writing.  He's really been doing it all along but accomplished so much more (and will be in the enviable financial position to do whatever he wants for as long as he wants....)

It's just interesting to me, that in all we've heard about those early years in the tiny apartment, with piles of shoes all over and members walking around in their underwear (to the surprise of Jimin and, I think, JK) we don't hear about Supreme Boi.  I know that people came and left and it was more difficult saying goodbye to some -and they didn't really have to say goodbye to Supreme Boi, although when they all nearly got tossed out of the apartment before the debut, Namjoon, Hobi and Yoongi just said "no" - we can't afford to move.  It had to have been just the seven at that point.

10 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This one is so fitting. Jin has always had beautiful, flawless skin... although it reminds me a little of Yuzu's Sekkisei sponsorship - pretty sure it's mostly genetics

ETA: just looked it up and I can actually afford these products! 

They all take care of their skin better than I do mine.  But genetics is key.  Flawless.  I'd wonder how they can afford Jin as their ambassador with affordable products, but Compose has Tae and they're a coffee shop.

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Supposedly the first photo of Bangtan - babies.  Eight? Who is the guy in the middle?  This is after Jimin is in and i thought that's when the final 7 was finalized.  (just read further down the thread and it's Supreme Boi?)

Supreme Boi was the last trainee to be cut from Bangtan

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

think the appeal of this outfit is more in the interesting way the top is made. I also think Jin looks great in that type of neckline and partly undone button shirts, which creates a similar silhouette. But I don't think the color suits him

W Korea just posted a video of Jin talking about the outfit. Apparently it was a custom job, made at Jin's request, and he chose the colours. Which is a surprising insight into his own tastes. 

I bet it looks a lot better in person. 

Here's the video from their Insta reels, but I saw a captioned version earlier and I don't know where it went

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAQaGgmvcs6/?igsh=MWgzMjNzeGw0NHI2OA==

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This one is so fitting. Jin has always had beautiful, flawless skin... although it reminds me a little of Yuzu's Sekkisei sponsorship - pretty sure it's mostly genetics

ETA: just looked it up and I can actually afford these products! 

At least we know Jin doesn't wipe his face with the same towel he used on his skate blades!