The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

hmmm... now I need to figure out what my Suga entry on my playlist is. "August D" is so far away from a billion currently and all his songs are under 400M, though I guess Hageum is on pace to be the 1st

It's the whole album that crossed 1B.

And the VOD rental thing is such crap (sorry for the language if it offends). And what's with the jelly anyway.  How much is 50 jellies worth?  We used to be abole to buy content -In the Soop,, Bon Voyage, some concerts, though I don't remember what.  It's one thing when we pay for livestream of a concert; we know it's only for the time of the concert.

I feel like we've seen the concert at Wembley before but don't remember how.  I would certainly give thought to purchasing, say, Burn the Stage but won't be renting it for 50 jellies for a few days.  It really feels like a terrible move by Weverse.  And disrespectful to to any ARMY who has been around for a few years.

Agree the MHJ hire was the start.  And we know she had some inside help.  I don't know if she brought along other people from SM.  And I feel totally voiceless and powerless to let Weverse know how we feel.  I do wonder if, once all seven are back, and strong, if they will have some influence over any of this. In spite of the fact that they have been the hub of marketed merch, I still believe that they would not want ARMY being taken advantage of.  I remember one of them, maybe Jin, voicing his concern over the cost of, probably, "artist designed" merch.

57 minutes ago, barbara said:

It's the whole album that crossed 1B.

Yes, I understand that. What I was saying was that now that D-Day and D-2 have reached the 1B goal, what should be the next goal? I had songs on my streaming playlist from those albums to achievethe1 billion and there aren't any clear Suga goals that I see beyond that. 

For right now, I put Hageum on there since it's the song that's most on pace to hit a billion, but it's so far away that it doesn't seem like a realistic goal either. I have the same issue with Hobi - I put Equal Sign on there just because it's short and I want to contribute to all the members' streams but it doesn't feel like I'm working toward anything.

Loving the reaction of the Hotties, especially in contrast to a decade of "ugliest man in kpop"  

RL solos continue to be lowkey hilarious (story gets better as you read the thread further)

And one thing really great about this Chapter 2 is that it exposed BTS to whole new audiences. Pretty sure they're more popular than ever, even if the fandom is more fractured

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Yes, I understand that. What I was saying was that now that D-Day and D-2 have reached the 1B goal, what should be the next goal? I had songs on my streaming playlist from those albums to achievethe1 billion and there aren't any clear Suga goals that I see beyond that. 

For right now, I put Hageum on there since it's the song that's most on pace to hit a billion, but it's so far away that it doesn't seem like a realistic goal either. I have the same issue with Hobi - I put Equal Sign on there just because it's short and I want to contribute to all the members' streams but it doesn't feel like I'm working toward anything.

Tomorrow, when I have some time, I'll pull all the solos up and see who or what song is close to some milestone.  i don't quite understand why Hobi's stuff hasn't been bigger.  Or Yoongi, or RM.  The maknae line has just been far more commercially successful.  Their music is simply more mainstream, but not particularly better musically or artistically.  Each has a niche (all 7).

I do believe that they respect each other and cheer each other on; that it isn't competitive, but there has to be some element of it.  Their solo work will make the whole even better.

9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wow this is so cool and Yeonjun looks different!!! His first solo work, right? Nice! Good luck, Yeonjun!

A long way from Soundcloud.  It doesn't really look much like him, though, does it?   He's earned this.