The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

On 7/20/2024 at 5:06 PM, ralucutzagy said:

MIniMoni part 2.

I'm curious -- does anyone else think it's actually possible that RM was unaware if what Jimin was doing for a year and a half?  I don't think it's possible.  And I remember plenty of times when members would go to RM for help with lyrics.  JK helped with Hobi's last album - and helped with I think, the Dear Army secret tract on Face.  We know that the three youngest were doing some socializing with each other.

I know they wanted "solo" work out there but wonder if there was some kind of agreement that they all need to NOT have RM or Yoongi involved with any producing.  Why would Jimin keep everything he was doing essentially a secret?

They really should get away, all together, for a week, at least, after they are all out of the military. I've been thinking that they bump into each other when they are on leave and also were seeing each other at Hybe before they went in.

19 hours ago, Faithyu said:

By the way, have you seen Enhypens comeback, the xo MV? Any thoughts?

I played the album through on Apple Music. I like it, but for a group whose YouTube is full of them being raucous boys rough housing around, their music is kinda a little too smooth and soft... nice but not my first preference

Tbh, I never completely understood how all the alternative versions work for charting. It seems to help but the streams don't get combined. The accounts say to only use them as filler but you would think it should either not help at all or you should use the full 20 for Spotify, ~5 for Youtube, and however often as counted toward others. I'm looking forward to the Acoustic version - looks like it might be a legit remix instead of just chart filler

But I'll update all my lists and post them in case you ladies don't have time. I'm ambivalent about having it be so RPWP focused since I don't actually believe RM will get nominated, but I feel like I want to have felt like I did my part in having it be considered. Billboard made a short list of predictions for Grammy noms, and Sabrina Carpenter is on there in spite of not even having been released yet and RM being one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the year despite the Kpop bias - shows the state of the industry.

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Taekook! 

I wonder who's the guy near Tae! He's hot, too.

:giggle: 

There's so much reason to envy the guys but I think I'm most envious of their incredible love for each other. I think these types of relationships are often so rare and they all have 6. 

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Nothing could make me feel better about Muse --

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jimin-defeats-donald-trump-new-song/

I had no idea that's what that song was about. It's crazy that it came out so quickly. US rednecks almost blocked Seven from getting #1 and now this thing is out there

I never thought I'd see our guys be tied to Trump's name. After the torch relay/assassination attempt, I asked my husband who he thought the most mentioned names in the world would be, and he guessed Trump, Putin, and Taylor Swift. I don't think anyone would have had the weird events of the past weeks on their Bingo card. 

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

We did it in the UK :cri:

It's so stupid difficult to get into the charts here with all the rules they have in place. This is massive.

That's incredible. I'm so proud! Even Seven, Butter, and Dynamite (all #3) didn't debut #1 on that chart. 

Not as exciting, but "Who" went up from #18 to #14 on US Spotify as well. grr, I'm so bummed that Fallon didn't air that performance yet.

Sometimes I wish that BigHit would do what the other Kpop companies (including groups under Hybe) do and pay for Youtube advertisement. It looks like it's standard industry practice and NOT doing it is hurting BTS on the charts and awards. I'm not so naive to think that they avoid this due to some morals - I'm guessing that Hybe benefits more from the extra sales ARMY is willing to do in order to push the guys up than they do from the extra views. I have no idea what these ads cost the companies.  In my less cynical thought process, I think maybe BTS being so closely tied to BigHit and having more influence on that faction, has caused BigHit to be more honorable and not partake in such practices

I've seen ads mentioned before, and never understood what that has to do with anything other than promo. Recently, I've seen people complaining that Lisa's "Rockstar" amongst other Kpop (especially YG) group videos showing up in their history even though they have them blocked or never clicked on anything related to them. It turns out, what YG does is they start the videos as "ads", meaning that they automatically play for people on Youtube and TikTok between videos, often times unskippable.

It looks like buying the ads not only inflates the numbers by forcing people to watch, but it also prevents views from getting deleted, although these are still counted as low quality streams which explains why a lot of these videos don't get put on top Youtube music lists in spite of the huge numbers. BTS isn't "shadow banned", as a lot of ARMY will claim (if they're shadow banned, they will have single or double digit numbers), but their views are more likely to get deleted if there's even minorly suspicious activity since they're not putting money into YouTube pockets unlike groups that pay for the ad time.

This is how "Rockstar" by Lisa, all those BlackPink videos, Jisoo's "Flower" in spite of not even cracking Hot 100, and all these lesser known groups get such huge numbers while ARMY has seemingly abandoned Youtube. This also explains the huge disparity in "likes" vs. views for those other groups as well as why other groups results on things like Spotify and Itunes don't reflect their Youtube success.

Now that I understand this tactic, I would understand why Billboard doesn't put much weight on Youtube IF it weren't for the fact that radio play is even more easily manipulated, though with less clarity. Honestly, if it wasn't such a commonly accepted practice, I would call it Sajaegi (chart manipulation) as insidious as "Payola" (paying for radio play) or companies buying their own albums to inflate numbers. 

I downloaded Robinhood. Now I need to learn how to use it before the announcement instead of spending my whole day scrolling Twitter

If the boxy Tiger Smile didn't convince you to be Team Tiger, then certainly buff military Tae should be Tiger. I know Bears are strong, but they're also round and Tae is all shoulders and biceps these days.

Lol. S. Korea is harassing N. Korea on the state run loudspeaker with BTS news about Jin's torch relay

I would never have put Jimin and F1 racing together, but huzzah for our man getting more promo!

All this charting news for "Who" is very exciting.

IMO, "Who" was expressly designed to have radio appeal which should help its chart success. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't get number 1.

Also, the Trump song thing being out so fast just makes the conspiracy theorists on Twitter look even more correct.

At least we know that Jimin always trends, no matter what else happens in the world:

I saw an ad or maybe an announcement promoting Jimin on Canadian radio - but can't find it now.  Tumultuous news in the states so I'm a little overwhelmed to wake up to the renewed hope for democracy.