The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

24 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

https://youtu.be/jAkQUtOX_1Y?si=qXbh69L3cmKIPvij

The TEMPTATION:13877886:.....not sure if I can stay strong and not buy the photobook🙈

I know, right. I'm trying tell myself that it's absolutely not reasonable for me to fly to Vancouver for a day just to see his photo exhibit. Even if there's cheap fares available right now

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right. I'm trying tell myself that it's absolutely not reasonable for me to fly to Vancouver for a day just to see his photo exhibit. Even if there's cheap fares available right now

Not as cheap as actually buying the book, though.

Jin being torch bearer has appeared on so many posts - even US sports networks.  At least they call BTS a supergroup and not a booy band...

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Not as cheap as actually buying the book, though.

Jin being torch bearer has appeared on so many posts - even US sports networks.  At least they call BTS a supergroup and not a booy band...

Well, at this point BTS is a supergroup. They meet the definition in every way that counts.

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I love this edit and I honestly think them being each others' biggest fans is a huge factor in their success. Brings me so much joy to see all those heart eyes and happy crinkle faces

I can totally picture this happening

Yes to that -

They are each other's biggest fans.  I think the brotherhood forged in that one bedroom apartment and in the first years pre and post debut is unbreakable.  They always cheer each other on.  I'm a little concerned that Namjoon seems to be sad that his efforts are not making the same Billboard numbers some of the other members stuff is, yet I know he knows it's not him -- it's the broader listening public.  Not only is most of his music not really radio-friendly, it's also cerebral and a level above what most pop fans can even understand.  RPWP actually charted well but not the mega numbers JK or Tae or Jimin solo efforts have.  I think I'll write him a letter -- though I seriously doubt they get even the "fan letters'.   Does he seem sad to anyone else?

lol. I love that RM is getting his flowers from the locals as well.

I know I'm being more delulu than the most ardent shipper, but a tiny part of me has an even tinier sliver of hope that maybe RM would actually get a nod. But pretty sure that BigHit is sh!t at playing the Grammy awards hustle game and Scooter doesn't seem to give a flying fart about RM to put in the effort.

8 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

lol. I love that RM is getting his flowers from the locals as well.

I know I'm being more delulu than the most ardent shipper, but a tiny part of me has an even tinier sliver of hope that maybe RM would actually get a nod. But pretty sure that BigHit is sh!t at playing the Grammy awards hustle game and Scooter doesn't seem to give a flying fart about RM to put in the effort.

That would be the only category, too - I can't give his album a genre home.  It's what? Not pop, but I think they'd call it that.  "New guy"?  As if he came out of nowhere.  And I think Hobi's HotS would be, what? Hip-hop?  Lots of hip-hop on it.  And we remain kind of clueless what Muse will be.  I think of "Smeraldo...." may not indicate what the rest of his album is going to be like. Set Me Free, pt 2 as a pre-release did amazingly well, but Like Crazy was different and also took off.  It turns out that it's the members (like musicians...) are the voters, so it's a quasi-popularity contest.  Sadly, Layover came out a week too early to qualify -- and it's easier to fit into a genre.  Golden should be nominated. (much as I'd like to see the solo stuff get recognition, I'd be a little sad if only one won - ) Maybe Muse.  Maybe Hobi.  The eligibility period is from Sept 16 of 2023 through Aug 30, so it seems a little early to suggest album of the year -- how many come out in the next two months?

Will the first release after OT7 be within some eligibility window?  They'd have to have so much ready to record as soon as they are all out.

Some Instagrams - one from Jin's cousin's wedding that I'm actually posting because his brother sings in it - I wonder what Jin would have sounded like without training - and I'm sure Jin would likely not sing at the wedding, because --he's Jin.

The other one I just love because we can copy it and send it to anyone who asks -- why BTS?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9FPnhqyr1g/?igsh=MTdhcnQ2ZXRrMWxwag%3D%3D

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6XoSxjtaJm/?igsh=MjAzemNvbXZmb3lz