The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

5 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

It sounds like a lot of countries were skipped for this tour because some of them didn’t meet the necessary security standards to have elevating stages like Yoongi’s. 

Hmmm...but an elevated stage is not that unusual. And the whole stage gets moved from venue to venue, so the construction itself is fixed🤷🏼‍♀️

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That still doesn't explain skipping Europe

Yes.

I also have given up hope that TXT will come to europe at this point. Hybe just doesn't want to earn money with us....(except when it comes to merch with ridiculous shipping fees😠)

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And all I could wish for, is that we all could go together

That would be nice🥰

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

wow

It looks like an amazing show😃. Saw some really stupid comments under them though and was a bit surprised, but whatever....

Spoiler

Will keep the thoughts on him drinking on stage to myself

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

:rock:

LOL, what a great choice.

But I was surprised to see Haegeum before Daechwita on the set list. 

So, to sum up, Yoongi's  show was 

Worth.

Every.

Penny.

100/10, would gladly do over and over again.

Also, now I understand why Namjoon told Yoongi not to hurt himself with this concert tour. That stage made me anxious for his safety.

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We are IN! And you will not believe how good our seats are! And no, I am not saying that to brag... we are totally surprised!

So happy to hear that😃

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, to sum up, Yoongi's  show was 

Worth.

Every.

Penny.

100/10, would gladly do over and over again.

To be expected ;)

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, now I understand why Namjoon told Yoongi not to hurt himself with this concert tour. That stage made me anxious for his safety.

I haven't found a video or picture where one can really see how this elevated stage looks/works.

I think what I have seen so far doesn't truly transport how extraordinary this stage is, so if anyone can recommend a good video or picture, I wouldn't say no....😁😎😉

I think the Twitter photos I've seen (and a few short videos) make that stadium look a lot bigger than I expected it to be.  We were thinking "small venue" but it didn't look small to me.  And I wonder (without having a chance to test this out) if outdoor venues don't hurt ears with the high decibel screaming as an enclosed venue.  I hate screaming.  Can't wait for the pictures from our representatives at last night's show.  And I wonder if Jimin and Yoongi will see each other while they are both in NY.  Still no word on the Met Gala?

Interesting article about Jin (I miss Jin):

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/04/a-korean-career-center-professor-gives-an-interesting-analysis-of-btss-jin-personality

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I think the Twitter photos I've seen (and a few short videos) make that stadium look a lot bigger than I expected it to be.  We were thinking "small venue" but it didn't look small to me.  And I wonder (without having a chance to test this out) if outdoor venues don't hurt ears with the high decibel screaming as an enclosed venue.  I hate screaming.  Can't wait for the pictures from our representatives at last night's show.  And I wonder if Jimin and Yoongi will see each other while they are both in NY.  Still no word on the Met Gala?

Interesting article about Jin (I miss Jin):

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/04/a-korean-career-center-professor-gives-an-interesting-analysis-of-btss-jin-personality

The venue is small compared to a huge stadium. Also the stage is also smaller than one at the stadium. It's the stage to venue ratio that gives that impression. 

Always wear earplugs for concerts. They have the special kind that filter out noises to enhance audio. I've used them at SuJu concert and they worked beautifully. They muffled out the banshees next to me and I could hear the music clearly. An essential. 

Jimin added a line on Yoongi's guitar 🥰

So I hope they had seen each other soon after Jimin landed. 

3 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I haven't found a video or picture where one can really see how this elevated stage looks/works.

It's quite simple in principle. The stages all have fixed trusses with leveling feet at the bottom, which support them as they stand on the floor. Meanwhile they're also all suspended by steel cables connected to the steel grids on the ceiling. The stages, along with their supporting trusses, are raised up as the cables got reeled in. It's all very cool~ I love the setup! I was wondering at the beginning why there were props on the floor under the stage and why they weren't covered. Hah!

9 hours ago, Faithyu said:

So happy to hear that😃

To be expected ;)

I think what I have seen so far doesn't truly transport how extraordinary this stage is, so if anyone can recommend a good video or picture, I wouldn't say no....😁😎😉

I took some pictures... will upload after I get home tomorrow. 

The danger was less from the stage and more from how close he got to the pyrotechnics. By the end, balls of flame are blasting about 6 feet from his head. 

They must have an incredible insurance company to let them do that.

Also, the stage gets smaller and smaller as the concert progresses, and there's not much to mark/protect the edges. One step too far and Yoongi would plummet about 8 feet to the concrete. 

It's really a stage for an adrenaline junkie. I didn't think he was one, but I could totally see this kind of stage belonging to a BASE-jumping, motorcycle-racing daredevil. 

So maybe JK was the one who came up with it, who knows.

About venue size: i'm thinking, after seeing the show, that Yoongi deliberately choose the smaller venues for the impact his performance would have on the crowd. For the people who fought their way to barricade, he would have been practically in their laps

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I took some pictures... will upload after I get home tomorrow. 

The danger was less from the stage and more from how close he got to the pyrotechnics. By the end, balls of flame are blasting about 6 feet from his head. 

They must have an incredible insurance company to let them do that.

Also, the stage gets smaller and smaller as the concert progresses, and there's not much to mark/protect the edges. One step too far and Yoongi would plummet about 8 feet to the concrete. 

It's really a stage for an adrenaline junkie. I didn't think he was one, but I could totally see this kind of stage belonging to a BASE-jumping, motorcycle-racing daredevil. 

So maybe JK was the one who came up with it, who knows.

About venue size: i'm thinking, after seeing the show, that Yoongi deliberately choose the smaller venues for the impact his performance would have on the crowd. For the people who fought their way to barricade, he would have been practically in their laps

I'd be reasonably sure that Yoongi was always aware of the stage edge.  He is not an adrenaline junkie, but rehearsed SO much for this.  I love that Jimin added a note on the guitar.  Still wondering if they saw each other, but I guess they must have.  Haven't checked Twitter yet today.

This is sweet, though I am just a tiny bit concerned that Yoongi may not be missing the members as much as Hobi did.  But he just started this tour and he will be missing them, and be exhausted, in a little while.  It's a tough schedule, especially for a one man show.