The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tae looks so handsome, but why is he cosplaying as That That Yoongi? 🤣

Also, he seems to have elected himself as NewJeans' big brother, he's been doing a fair bit with them.

It made me think they are sharing clothes, still.

What do they mean by a JK schedule?  There is no news (or even rumor, that I've seen) on what he'll be doing in the states.  I suspect recording - though he spent a lot of time here before Seven.  But I'd hardly call it a "schedule".

And his absence makes me re-think the Yoongi date.  Not today, obviously, and I don't think he'd go in on Namjoon's birthday (though that may not be a choice).  I realize I obsess about this a bit too much - but hoping that OT7 can do a send off as they did with Jin and Hobi. They likely will be unable to get all 7 together at some point, and if military members are not supposed to be photographed, even three or four of them, in uniform, will have to stay off camera.  Anyway - JK is in the states and I don't believe he'd not be in Korea when Yoongi has to leave.   [Maybe we'll have a more accurate idea if we find out that the Tae Suchwita is the last one - wouod he have bamnked a bunch of content for later?  Maybe...]

4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Let's gooooo!!!

That would be amazing!!!  The "K-pop heartthrob really sounds like a star." Duh. 

There has been talk for a while about Take Two and I hope it is nominated, but one of the solos ......wow (I love the catchy-ness of Seven, but think Jimin's two major releases are as good or better musically.  And what are the dates for consideration? The Astronaut - yes.)

19 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Good thing she's kinda dressed. Lol

I think she looks great🤷🏼‍♀️

14 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I guess, he left for States again.

hmm.....recording and Vma's? Seven is nominated, right?

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Nice😃. I hoped for it, because Hobi and Yoongi got theirs and I think we might(probably will) get some kind of documentary for each solo project.

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey ladies! Did you see this? VMAs have decided to limit voting to only US accounts:

This is stupid. Then they should only nominate US singers/groups and be done with it🙄.

I hate that this award is still counted as important for some (read: non US) musicians.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Let's gooooo!!!

I will believe it when I see it......

53 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:giggle:

:LOL:

Seven is kind of nominated for "Song of Summer" - but so is Taylor and we know how the Swifties are. There are 16 nominees and you can't even start voting until the 7th.  TXT (with Jonas Bros) and Fifty/Fifty are among the 16.  Weird that it's the Jonas Bros collab that TXT got nominated for, when it Sugar Rush Ride that is nominated in two other categories.  Not that JK doesn't have a chance, but if they aren't looking at sales and streams and Billboard placement (and they aren't) then I don't think ARMY can overcome the Swifties (:weeping:). I think the timing of his trip to the states is coincidental to the VMAs.  Maybe he would go to support the little brothers, but I'd be surprised (and I also think he'll go back to Korea by then, depending on what he's up to.)

MTV sucks anyway.

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ever since they fired Tom Green and started doing The Real World. In the 90's they were great.

They abandoned their original mission.  Now they are basically trash programming.  "Unplugged" was the only show worth watching for decades.

On 9/5/2023 at 12:37 AM, ralucutzagy said:

also this ... woah Bam is so handsome. :mushroom7:

I'm always struck by how small Bam's face is and I think to myself, even JK's dog fits Korean beauty standards! 

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey ladies! Did you see this? VMAs have decided to limit voting to only US accounts:

I'm curious exactly what "unusual" activity they're referring to. They don't seem to have any safeguards against multiple accounts and each account is limited to 10 so why do they think that overseas accounts are more likely to be botting? I'm also curious as to whose fandom they're suspecting. If the "unusual" activity is simply an unexpected number of votes for a certain group, it's probably Stays - which doesn't even mean that they broke any rules, just that they're more popular than MTV realized or the fandom was able to rally more support from other fandoms. If it's an inordinate # of votes from a specific location like Thailand, it's probably Blinks. I don't recall any semi-successful mass voting attempts from the other groups so I'm guessing it's one of these 2 if there is a genuine issue rather than just racism - makes no sense to think the US is less likely to bot when people are just as likely to be tech savvy here as anywhere else. 

But this does favor Blinks - whether that was MTV's intention or just a side effect of racism, not sure. Did you see the Twitter posts from Blinks asking other fandoms for help? Why TF would BeyHive, Swifties, Barbz, etc. care about giving BlackPink and award?

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm happy for JK that he's even in the conversation, but I personally find this article a little insulting. What do you mean the "first hit by a BTS member"? Jimin also got #1, and Western artists aren't expected to get #1 for a song to be considered a hit. 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ever since they fired Tom Green and started doing The Real World. In the 90's they were great.

Tom wasn't fired - he retired while he recovered from testicular cancer.

The 1st few seasons of The Real World were great, especially the San Francisco season. They used to delve into a lot of topical issues. And they had really informative, in depth specials as well as fun animation. They had a lot of trash alongside the good stuff, but there used to at least BE good stuff. It wasn't until MTV made everything about salaciousness that the channel became unwatchable.

6 hours ago, barbara said:

Seven is kind of nominated for "Song of Summer"

I was actually disappointed that he was nominated for that because that means he won't be nominated next year for any of the real categories. But I suppose the timing of the release would make any nominations next year really awkward - not that an MTV award is worth anything anyway. It's really just a platform for promotion. Taylor and Beyonce might go, but I doubt they even display those gaudy trophies