The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

7 hours ago, barbara said:

I definitely need a different time for a replay.  4 am won't work any better for me tomorrow than it did today.  The 25th must be at another hour.  I haven't seen anything on Weverse one way or another.  I also was a little freaked out, while trying to hunt down the chocolate that was supposed to be for sale on Weverse tomorrow (tonight) and checked in the Global Shop where they have the concert on disc for sale.  Huh?  Only on the global shop.  Also no chocolate.  

Holding out hope that the 25th showing will be at a time similar to how they did replays for BTS concerts, so an hour when I'm awake and it's civilized one.

So far no replay happening and no announcement for it.... Maybe it was just a rumor🤷🏼‍♀️.

9 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Jin stans are upset because all their birthday projects are getting cancelled by Hybe. Apparently there's some new rule that you can't have "BTS" or Hybe in the name of the project. Weird because there's no profit for the company, Jin, or BTS in the projects so you wouldn't think it has anything to do with military rules. Fans are bummed since they already put so much time and money into the projects and are scrambling to find something else to do for Jin. I've always been ambivalent toward the birthday things - it seems that the money could go to so much better things but I wonder if the guys would be disappointed if the fans didn't do these big displays of affection. I read that in Korea, gestures of love are really important between couples so I imagine that it would translate into other types of relationships and Jin was so disappointed when he didn't get as many birthday wishes as his friends.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-that-unfortunate-bts-fans-debate-hybe-halts-fanbase-partnership-project-jinair-commemorate-kim-seokjin-s-birthday

This falls into the category of "things, one doesn't need to understand".

I think it would be sad if there weren't any birthday projects, but I also think that these big scale "lets-project-on-burj-kalifa" things are over the top and they should just donate most of the money and do a smaller happy birthday project.

4 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Godiva chocolate is SO overrated. I will never understand why people pay so much for it. They used to have an ice cream that was amazing but it must have been too pricey for the average American because I only ever saw it 1 year. 

Jin stans are upset because all their birthday projects are getting cancelled by Hybe. Apparently there's some new rule that you can't have "BTS" or Hybe in the name of the project. Weird because there's no profit for the company, Jin, or BTS in the projects so you wouldn't think it has anything to do with military rules. Fans are bummed since they already put so much time and money into the projects and are scrambling to find something else to do for Jin. I've always been ambivalent toward the birthday things - it seems that the money could go to so much better things but I wonder if the guys would be disappointed if the fans didn't do these big displays of affection. I read that in Korea, gestures of love are really important between couples so I imagine that it would translate into other types of relationships and Jin was so disappointed when he didn't get as many birthday wishes as his friends.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-that-unfortunate-bts-fans-debate-hybe-halts-fanbase-partnership-project-jinair-commemorate-kim-seokjin-s-birthday

They could just donate the money in his name. It doesn't always have to be someone's face on the Burj Dubai. The J-Hope fanbases in China have built schools ffs. Why not sponsor a food bank or something? The flashy projects seem like they're all about getting the idol to look at them - that is, at the fanbase that did it. Never really about making the idol happy or keeping his wishes.

About Godiva: it's still better than Lindt, which I'm thoroughly sick of.

Anyway, if anyone's looking for a charity to donate to this Christmas in honour of Jin or Tae,  I suggest Médecins Sans Frontières. For many reasons, but especially b/c they'll go places even the Red Cross or the UN won't dare to go, to provide healthcare to everyone, without conditions and without prejudice. They're real and true heroes and deserve the support.

4 hours ago, Faithyu said:

So far no replay happening and no announcement for it.... Maybe it was just a rumor🤷🏼‍♀️.

This falls into the category of "things, one doesn't need to understand".

I think it would be sad if there weren't any birthday projects, but I also think that these big scale "lets-project-on-burj-kalifa" things are over the top and they should just donate most of the money and do a smaller happy birthday project.

There is. Weverse notification today in the morning EU time. It's on the 25th at 10pm KST.

17 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

There is. Weverse notification today in the morning EU time. It's on the 25th at 10pm KST.

Ooookay.....I don't have any notification of it in weverse:dontknow:.

So, thanks for the info💜. I think I will be there to watch it....

38 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I meant to post it, got sidetracked:

Great - 6 am instead of 4 am.  I will, however, wake up early for it.

The price on the chocolates is crazy.  If someone really really wants that empty box I could have them shipped to the place I stay on Jeju, but I;d eat the chocolates and between shipping there and then shipping to one of you, the cost of a small (fits 8 chocolates) box would probably end of being at least $50, probably more.  For an empty box.

The main translator I follow posted this - so pleased for her -

And just a cute video - kimbap

And the announcement we've been knowing was coming eventually is out.  For all four of the remaining members - but I am trying to be happy that we will soon know when all of them will be done with the military and can be back together again as BTS in 2025.  A sort of relief but sad, too.

Well, someone's trying to find a silver lining at least:

Who are we kidding, there's always more merch.

And those words "This is BigHit Music" will haunt me in my dreams 'til I die

Also, bold of them to leave ARMY unattended for 6 months until Jin gets back. Who knows what we'll get up to!

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, someone's trying to find a silver lining at least:

Who are we kidding, there's always more merch.

And those words "This is BigHit Music" will haunt me in my dreams 'til I die

Also, bold of them to leave ARMY unattended for 6 months until Jin gets back. Who knows what we'll get up to!

This will put a lot of pressure on TXT to do a tour starting in late winter -

How is anyone writing the members that are already in? There was that article about the issues the military were having with the amount of mail Jin was getting - so there must be a way to write physical letters to all of them.  Addresses need to be found out...

Six months? I bet it will be a little less.  All of the four won't go in on the same day - or will they? And how many will go to the same training base?  We could start trying to guess the order of actual enlistment.  Right now, I'd say Jimin will be last since he just recorded a MV and will have a new song, maybe next month? (Doesn't he?)

I wonder how BigHit is going to deal with the silence.  They must have some content to release but even five months, or even four months, with no Lives will cause severe withdrawal symptoms.  For the first time in over ten years? 

We have gotten some interaction from Hobi and Jin in chats and in occasional "artist" posts.  Nothing from Yoongi yet, but I think even in the civil service, he'd be silent for 100 days?  It would be doing a great service to global ARMY if BigHit would release information of 1)where the members are and how we can communicate with them - or to them, I guess and 2)what the restrictions are for military personnel.  It's like we discover the restrictions one little bit at a time (I suspect Korean ARMY knows all of these things but where are they posting?)

Still trying to hang on to the little silver living of knowing they will be back in 2025 and how awesome that will be.  I really want to suggest a In the Soop/Bon Voyage kind of thing, but with them, without cameras, for a few weeks first, to remember what they are together.

Damn.  Gonna miss those beautiful men.

22 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

😭😭😭😭

So I guess nobody will attend MAMA or MMA?

I think it will be at least a month before any of them actually enter basic training.  The time between this notice for Jin, Hobi and Yoongi and their actual entrance date was 6-8 weeks, I believe.  MAMAs are in a week (?) and the MMA the first week of December.  I believe that none of the four will be gone in the next couple of weeks.  I should think they can do what they want and appear where they want until the day they actually enter the base.

5 minutes ago, barbara said:

I think it will be at least a month before any of them actually enter basic training.  The time between this notice for Jin, Hobi and Yoongi and their actual entrance date was 6-8 weeks, I believe.  MAMAs are in a week (?) and the MMA the first week of December.  I believe that none of the four will be gone in the next couple of weeks.  I should think they can do what they want and appear where they want until the day they actually enter the base.

I know but iirc neither Hobi or Yoongi got any sort of schedule the month before their enlistment ... but we'll see ... sigh ...