The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

4 hours ago, Luminous said:

I am curious about the album but 1)not sold on it all being in English and written by none of the usual BTS writers and 2) just his general "I'm an adult - I need to be explicit and borderline vulgar" phase.  I will almost certainly get the title song ("Standing Next to You"? or "Closer to You"?) but, for the first time, not pre-ordering the physical album.  It'll do great, I'm sure, without me dropping money on it.  How well it does in the charts, individual song and album wise, will (would) depend on how good the music is.  There is almost assuredly going to be one song that soars.  And if I like it, I'll order it . (My TXT FREEFALL album has been delayed three times  - it;s not like they get this stuff out right away.)

And why they always seem to fly in slides, barefoot, is beyond me.  RM is all bundled up but essentially barefoot.  I always have socks with me, even if I'm wearing sandals, because it's always cold on planes.  Of course, in first class, they hand out slippers and socks - but I don't think that's the reason.  All the members seem to be fine barefoot in conditions I would not find comfortable. And all of them seem to travel in slides... Maybe it's a lifetime of being shoe-less inside.

And Jimin's hair was NOT strawberry blonde.  Copper is more like it.  Brassy.  I bet it was just one of those temporary washes because his hair is now essentially the same as it was a few weeks ago.

One thing is for sure. There is a song for every genre/taste in music I think. Maybe not every, but it definitely includes a wide range. He is doing what he aimed to do: to be able to sing in every genre possible and sometimes that requires flying your nest and working with other people. 

19 hours ago, Luminous said:

I remember being disappointed because I was looking forward to JK and Jin's albums the most since their previous songs match my taste the most and then I didn't like Seven. Then I poo poo'd the album after I heard it was going to be all English and assumed it was going to be much of the same but I slap myself across the face because I was wrong. Literally, the only song I don't think I'll like is Seven, lol.

3D has a fun refrain. Closer sounds like it'll be great dance music. Standing Next to You almost sounds like Disco. Yes or No, Somebody, and Please Don't Change sound like generic pop so probably won't make my playlist but I don't actively dislike it.Too Sad to Dance sounds a bit folksy which I enjoy. Hate You and Shot Glass Full of Tears sounds like they'll be beautiful heartfelt ballads, which is the type of music I really fell in love with when listening to JK's covers.

Holy sh!t. Seven went up a million streams yesterday. Maybe all those other fandoms really are helping out streaming (ETA: ah poop. I guess that was for the previous day. Just saw a tweet that showed that it fell to #7)

10 hours ago, barbara said:

And Jimin's hair was NOT strawberry blonde.  Copper is more like it.  Brassy.  I bet it was just one of those temporary washes because his hair is now essentially the same as it was a few weeks ago.

Strawberry blonde just means that it has tones in both the red and blonde range. Also, when you look at his skin tone in the video, it was clearly whitewashed (the norm in Korea), which means his hair would have been darker in real life. It was likely the lower swatch but it appeared like the upper swatch in the video - the labels were just the manufacturer's name for that particular hair dye but they're both considered strawberry blonde.

Like most hair colors, there is a wide range that could be defined with that term. These, and many other shades, are all considered strawberry blonde 

strawberry-blonde-hair-color-1.jpg

Regarding Golden:

The preview trailer has me intrigued for sure. There are sounds on it I wasn't expecting to hear. And I have a bad feeling that Hate You is going to hit me right where some past relationship baggage of mine lives. But it's still to early to decide about it so I'm going to reserve judgment until I can hear the album in full

4 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Strawberry blonde just means that it has tones in both the red and blonde range. Also, when you look at his skin tone in the video, it was clearly whitewashed (the norm in Korea), which means his hair would have been darker in real life. It was likely the lower swatch but it appeared like the upper swatch in the video - the labels were just the manufacturer's name for that particular hair dye but they're both considered strawberry blonde.

Like most hair colors, there is a wide range that could be defined with that term. These, and many other shades, are all considered strawberry blonde 

strawberry-blonde-hair-color-1.jpg

Maybe completely irrelevant but the 'champagne strawberry blonde' is what my natural colour was in my teens and 20s... but it started getting darker and browner as I aged, which is why i started getting highlights done. 

37 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

damn! 3 sets of gear? Even after military muscle he's pretty thin - 66kg/145.5 lbs. lot of hidden strength in that skinny body.

I genuinely think they're exaggerating about those 3 sets of gear. That's basically heavy lifting with his size and weight. Ok to stand around for a long period of time and walk around for a while, but impossible to run around with.