General Yuzuru Chat

3 часа назад, yuzuangel сказал:

if Yuzu wants it, then i support him:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp: he's the one skating, practicing, and competing, and watching him skate the way he wants is all i can ever ask for :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I agree with this. Even if I'm not a fan of recycling in the end of the day it's Yuzu who skates and more then anything I want to see him smiling in the middle of the podium (when it counts). Anyway it'll be interesting to see how Semei will evolve.

And about critique - in this life you can't please everyone, so why bother? :animated-smileys-animals-047:

10 minutes ago, Étudeesque said:

Could the situation be that he is going the clean consistency route through the GP series and if that doesn't work he will train the 4Lz like crazy for Olympics? Can I ask what you guys think - isn't it risky going the clean consistency route since it may(?) result in peaking waaay too early? Kinda feels like the injury last year and late start almost helped Yuzuru peak at the right time. He has peaked quite often at GPF hasn't he? Though it is hard to say given his injuries 14-15 and 15-16... Sorry now I'm just babbling :facepalm:

It's a different situation this time because unlike other skaters or his past seasons, he starts with a complete program. One that doesn't need to "grow" throughout the season for people to understand/appreciate it. So peaking might not actually be an issue. Brian also said before that it actually takes little time for Yuzu to peak. I think his strategy is to show consistency from the beginning of the season to bring the momentum to the Olympics. I do believe his 4Lz is actually stable enough to add but he might not be planning to add it yet unless necessary. The first agenda is consistency and being clean. Something that worked well for Medvedeva even if she doesn't necessarily have the highest BV.

I don´t follow social media that much, so I don´t know if there has been inappropriate comments about Yuzu using Chopin and Seimi. I have not seen any so far, but GS is the site I´ve read. Fans do discuss about recycling the programs no matter who is recycling. So they discuss also about Yuzu´s choices. If they call his programs recycled and old, I don´t see that as insult. He´s not starting the process from the beginning and that is what recycling is about. He said himself there´s no time for new programs. There will be changes in his programs and they will be gorgeous for sure, but anyway imo it is not unfair to call them recycled.  If Shoma didn´t get as much critic as Yuzu it´s probably because his SP is new and he´s doing Turandot for the second, not third time. 

I don't follow social media at all, and abandoned GS in April,  but I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that some of the reactions here are fuelled by what people are reading elsewhere.  I can't understand the reaction to reusing tried and trusted programmes - it's perfectly normal and a positive thing to do to my mind.  Neither of them are warhorses, both are indelibly linked with him in the FS worlds eyes and after February will hopefully be in the casual Olympic fans eyes too.  If judges and Olympic viewers are sitting through several well used pieces, some of them not cut terribly well, I think that a carefully put together Seimei will slay them- and the music is demonstrably carefully done and the skating will be the same, barring injury and illness.  What is the point of pursuing novelty if you already have two gems of programmes which have yet to be used in the Olympics?

I get that being worried is pretty easy but, I see people getting worried because Yuzuru actually is in advantage right now?? Why worrying about something positive? :laughing:

His programs are already around 90% completed whereas his rivals would be around no more than 60%, even if they recycled one of the two programs. I think Yuzuru knows this very well. If he said there is no time for new programs, then rest assured, layout is his one and only focus. So if he will see there is the necessity to add 4Lz (and he probably will), he will add it and it will be ready, and I'm sure he is training with that necessity in mind right now. If we don't like saying goodbye to one 3A? Trust me, neither does he. But becoming familiar with 5 quads first and proving to himself he can do a clean 5 quads program before GPF is key, because it gives him leverage for Olympics, it gives him psychological power over his rivals, it gives him the chance to peak at GPF just like he did in Sochi. 

I mean, Yuzuru has given us many reasons to worry about him, but layout was never one of them, was it? Am I mistaken? He never allowed anyone to leave him behind. And he never will, because that's not Yuzuru Hanyu.

18 минут назад, Étudeesque сказал:

Could the situation be that he is going the clean consistency route through the GP series and if that doesn't work he will train the 4Lz like crazy for Olympics? Can I ask what you guys think - isn't it risky going the clean consistency route since it may(?) result in peaking waaay too early? Kinda feels like the injury last year and late start almost helped Yuzuru peak at the right time. He has peaked quite often at GPF hasn't he? Though it is hard to say given his injuries 14-15 and 15-16... Sorry now I'm just babbling :facepalm:

I think both is risky: going for consistency with lower BV and going for a new jump in Olympic season. So we just have to blindly trust Yuzu on this layout decision cuz at this point he should know better what he is capable of executing.

I think consistent clean SP is the one needed cuz it will help to make an impression as a consistent skater, even if you'll have one or two (not so big) mistakes in the free later.

And it's really interesting to know that now Yuzu has a backup plan in his FS, maybe last season changed his views about being perfect all the time (even I'm sure he still wants to). I also remember Orser saying (in his book or in interview) that a skater shouldn't have a backup plan  (will make him more relaxed or thinking too much - can't find the exact quote rn), but at the same time he remembers that Javi lost a medal at last Olympics cuz he didn't have a backup plan and repeated 3S in the end of the programme. So I wonder if as a coach he also changed his mind on the matter.

4 minutes ago, Lunna said:

And it's really interesting to know that now Yuzu has a backup plan in his FS, maybe last season changed his views about being perfect all the time (even I'm sure he still wants to). I also remember Orser saying (in his book or in interview) that a skater shouldn't have a backup plan  (will make him more relaxed or thinking too much - can't find the exact quote rn), but at the same time he remembers that Javi lost a medal at last Olympics cuz he didn't have a backup plan and repeated 3S in the end of the programme. So I wonder if as a coach he also changed his mind on the matter.

I think he changed his mind about YH who has shown that he can rearrange his layout on the fly - not many can.

I have a feeling that if the 5-quads 1-3A plan doesn't totally work in his favour and the risk/reward balance for adding the 4lz for a 5-quad 2-3A layout become more favourable, he'll change the layout. Again, I think if there is no layout change by NHK, that's it and the layout will not change all season. Though this is assuming that Yuzuru will be somewhat keeping track of how his main competitors are fairing early in the season and is able to analyse which plan is more likely to work out for him. Yuzuru seems like the type who will have weighed up a number of options, especially considering how much he wants not just a second olympic gold but a blazing season of skating better than his very best.

the 4T3T rippon is beautiful and I think, if timed well with the music, it will fit very nicely and be a nice 'wow' moment in the program.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

if Yuzu wants it, then i support him:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp: he's the one skating, practicing, and competing, and watching him skate the way he wants is all i can ever ask for :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I agree with you.

Yuzu can re-use his programs as many as he wants. He's the one who skates. 

I think he make a good decision for reusing Chopin and Seimei. Both are strong programs and it deserve to be at Oly. I think he will be fine if he could skate well as he planned. 

You can't really trust what Yuzu is saying. He is confidently saying his layout out loud but we never really know what he is thinking just like the 4Lz. The thing is with Yuzu, he is comfortable with his jumps and is able to YOLO because he knows he can do it. Not to mention the combo jumps/quads that he is practicing secretly. I feel like Brian and Yuzu could've already predicted that nathan/boyang doing 6 quads and shoma/javi/chan improving in whatsoever... and they have back up plans for that matter. For all we know he could really debut more jumps later in the season if they feel like they need to. For me, it just seems like they are just avoiding injuries early to prevent from them being behind schedule for what they have planned...

I'm actually fine with:

• Criticism of his strategy - whether it's repeating programs or his current known layout (honestly, we won't know until competition what will happen - if it works or not. But I do have faith in him and his team.)
  • People being disappointed with his decisions (you can't dictate how people will react/feel about something)

What I don't like:

• Saying that Yuzu doesn't deserve to win OGM because he's using repeated/recycled/old programs.

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I'm actually fine with:

• Criticism of his strategy - whether it's repeating programs or his current known layout (honestly, we won't know until competition what will happen - if it works or not. But I do have faith in him and his team.)
  • People being disappointed with his decisions (you can't dictate how people will react/feel about something)

What I don't like:

• Saying that Yuzu doesn't deserve to win OGM because he's using repeated/recycled/old programs.

tbh everyone in that tweet thread was ridiculous the only sensible responses I saw was people quote RT and being sarcastic. (<- if you are referring to the salty PChan fans that went onto to pull the old 'Hanyu shouldn't have won Sochi cuz he fell in his FS' thing later which just made me like wow what year is it again)

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

tbh everyone in that tweet thread was ridiculous the only sensible responses I saw was people quote RT and being sarcastic. (<- if you are referring to the salty PChan fans that went onto to pull the old 'Hanyu shouldn't have won Sochi cuz he fell in his FS' thing later which just made me like wow what year is it again)

IKR? I was having weird deja vu reading those. :rofl: