General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I'm in too ! A very good idea, and I'd gladly contribute monetarily.

But ... could this be accomplished in just a week's time ? :shrug:

8 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Basically we are taking an ad in the newspaper? Is that right? I love this idea, I hope we could make it happen.

Yes, this is what I have in mind. I would love to have this idea materialise, especially with news of a new ice rink, in line with Yuzu's vision of FS development in Sendai. However, unsure if this is doable due to resource -manpower, time and monetary considerations. Hoping for positive response from Planet's admin.

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ice shows & competitions? Yuzu straight-up decided he's never traveling again, looks like.

Well, it would be a prime location for his ice shows which he couldn't held in his hometown so far. This way, it would also boost the economy in his hometown, as more tourists would come and stay in town and spend their money there instead of the typical location of ice shows and competition, like Tokyo, Saitama, etc. 

I am still concerned about his privacy and if he can keep a normal lifestyle, but that only time can tell. 

Additionally, it would nurture the figure skating talents in town. Who knows, maybe he will also open a "Hanyu Yuzuru" figure skating class :wink2:

2 hours ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

Yes, this is what I have in mind. I would love to have this idea materialise, especially with news of a new ice rink, in line with Yuzu's vision of FS development in Sendai. However, unsure if this is doable due to resource -manpower, time and monetary considerations. Hoping for positive response from Planet's admin.

Hi :67638860:

Well, I cannot say yet much about it, but over a week ago we started a group to discuss some topics and ideas we felt should be discussed and coordinated not only inside Planet Hanyu but taking on board different parts of the fandom...and one of the ideas already discussed was exactly to buy an ad in a Japanese newspaper. However the cost of a whole color page at Sponichi would be ¥9 946 500 and it's simply too much money. So for the moment we will not aim for such a project but have already other ideas and are currently working on them. We will of course inform everyone once we have a concrete plan but please feel free to dm any time. I'll try my best to answer swiftly, tho at the moment we're rather busy with Yuzu's birthday project. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

:thanks: :img_21:

3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Well, I cannot say yet much about it, but over a week ago we started a group to discuss some topics and ideas we felt should be discussed and coordinated not only inside Planet Hanyu but taking on board different parts of the fandom...and one of the ideas already discussed was exactly to buy an ad in a Japanese newspaper. However the cost of a whole color page at Sponichi would be ¥9 946 500 and it's simply too much money. So for the moment we will not aim for such a project but have already other ideas and are currently working on them. We will of course inform everyone once we have a concrete plan but please feel free to dm any time. I'll try my best to answer swiftly, tho at the moment we're rather busy with Yuzu's birthday project. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

:sad-smiley-046::sigh:No other newspaper possible? That's bad. Any chance of getting in contact with Sendai tourist office, like, getting them on board for a large thing sent by us for display? Maybe not, too political, I'm afraid. 

Thank you administrators, moderators for your work backstage! Let us know if anyone can lend a hand.

8 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Thanks for all your hard work 🥰

10 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Thank you Admins for your prompt response and explanation. Appreciating the hard work you guys are doing:grouphug2:

12 hours ago, Lilly88 said:

Well, it would be a prime location for his ice shows which he couldn't held in his hometown so far. This way, it would also boost the economy in his hometown, as more tourists would come and stay in town and spend their money there instead of the typical location of ice shows and competition, like Tokyo, Saitama, etc. 

I am still concerned about his privacy and if he can keep a normal lifestyle, but that only time can tell. 

Additionally, it would nurture the figure skating talents in town. Who knows, maybe he will also open a "Hanyu Yuzuru" figure skating class :wink2:

To add on, top notch artistes have long been doing residency in Las Vegas. I'm just thrilled Yuzu's creating his own Las Vegas dream at Sendai:rock:

1 hour ago, fuzz_ball_21 said:

Relieved to hear that much needed renovation work will take place.

Sad though that this seriously impacts practice time for Yuzu and other skaters, the reality is the refrigeration system was in dire need of overhaul and the work will ensure that the rink facilities will be improved for the future. After all it is only for a few months, so not a doom and gloom scenario of indefinite closure. 

Perhaps Yuzu will use the time to rest - (Yuzu's definition of rest, busy and doing projects !!! ) and possibly Yuzu already has organised access to another training facility.

Yuzu may turn up at a rink somewhere else, maybe even a rink near to where any one of us lives, that would be a lovely surprise. No doubt many rinks would have extended invitations to Yuzu, it would an honour for any ice rink to host Yuzu albeit temporarily. 

Saga's rink is brand new, maybe that is why Yuzu chose it for one of the RE_PRAY tour venues, because they have already offered to host Yuzu whenever Irene is close for renovation etc.

It is said that Yuzu does not forget those who help him. Same with Yokohama and Hachinohe extending invitations to use the facilities when Irene was damaged due to 3, 11. Yuzu repaid them for their help, bringing his Prologue show both venues, which would have given them a really good boost to their revenue streams. Apologies for speculation however, there is some logic to the discussion.