General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I watched this and had a sudden vision for the next hit cooking show " Yuzuru Hanyu: Kitchen Convenience" where he shows you how to make all kinds of convenience foods, like cup noodle and so on

Great idea! I bet he can also make onigiri. And the most important dish: frying deep-frozen gyoza. :tongueyuzu:

Google translation:

"The rink that gave birth to Yuzu also falls into operational difficulties <Thin Ice Sanctuary (Part 1) Crisis>

Miyagi, the holy land of figure skating that has produced many famous skaters including Olympic gold medalists Yuzuru Hanyu and Shizuka Arakawa, is in danger of declining its competitiveness. An inadequate training environment and a resulting loss of human resources. We explored the challenges facing the prefectural skating federation now, 100 years after its establishment.

Not frozen enough

The rink, which nurtured many great athletes including two-time Olympic champion Hanyu, suspended general operations for three months from June to August.

"I tried my best to be able to do business, but it was quite tough and difficult." Matsuhiko Kato, president of Kato Shokai (Tokyo), which operates Ice Rink Sendai in Izumi Ward, Sendai City, lowers his voice.

Although the facility continued to be open for private use for athletes attending classes to learn, this was the first time the facility had been forced to suspend general operations since the Great East Japan Earthquake, which caused extensive damage to the facility.

The reasons behind this are aging refrigerators and rising utility costs.

The two refrigerators that prevent ice from melting at the rink have been in use for nearly 20 years, and are only able to produce about 80% of their original capacity. In order to compensate for this, this summer, after the early-morning rental business was over, the entire surface of the rink was covered with a special sheet to slow the rate of thawing, and the process was repeated again at night.

"Even then, it wasn't frozen enough. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to refreeze the melted ice," said President Kato. The recent rise in utility costs has added to this.

The suspension of operations at the prefecture's only year-round rink affected athletes who are based at the rink. Hono Segawa (Sendai Shirayuri Gakuen High School), who placed 8th at the National Athletic Meet in January, has reduced her practice six days a week by up to an hour and a half a day. To make up for her lack, she said she increased her track and field training.

Athletes who aim to become one of the top skaters in the country usually practice individually during regular business hours to improve their skills, in addition to their time skating in the classroom. Miyu Funahashi, director of the figure skating federation of the prefectural skating federation, said, ``It's important for athletes who are at the peak of their growth to get back into the swing of things in the summer.It's clear that they have less time to practice this summer, so we can only hope that their results don't deteriorate.''

The replacement of two refrigerators will cost approximately 100 million yen. The rise in utility costs remains unpredictable. As the double whammy puts management under pressure, Mr. Hanyu is the one supporting him from behind.

Relying on donations

Ice Rink Sendai announced in July that Hanyu would donate 55.88 million yen. The total donation to the link was 87.33 million yen. In the future, Kato Shokai will consider using the donations to update the refrigerator.

Hiroki Akama, president of the prefectural skating federation, feels a sense of crisis. "It's no exaggeration to say that the Miyagi figure industry is made possible thanks to donations from Mr. Hanyu and others. It's a blessing, but in a sense it's not healthy, and there's no way it can continue forever."

(Sports Club/Yusaku Hazama) "

Just now, bubbletea said:

I cant forget that masterpiece hahaha. How elegant it was.

At the time, someone made a game or a quiz out of all the toppings they gave Yuxu to choose from, and if you played, it would give you the kind of hot chocolate Yuzu might make you. My result was more like a cake than a drink 🤣