General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, EisElle said:

Dare I say, the rival that pushed Yuzuru to improve the most!

I'm curious about what he has to say. Weird enough, since after PC18 Patrick has been so on point (while before then I often had to grit my teeth and eye roll a bit). Even more so after Beijing (a lot better than a certain dude who supposedly knew Yuzuru better and has been repeatedly disappointing).  I also appreciate that, with his new career outside of fs, Patrick doesn't have a reason to do some fake pr in Jpn (tho judging from the past he never was much into curbing others' favor LOL)

Or maybe it isn't weird at all, because just like ISU wanted to give Yuzu the boot, they did to Patrick in his last few competitive seasons too. He was also always critical of turning fs in a mere quads drill. His skating philosophy wasn't as all-encompassing, clearly thought-out and eloquently worded as Yuzuru's, but they did have some common points (talking in past tense cuz Patrick left skating, not because Zu turned pro)

The rivalry that kick started one of the greatest eras of men’s figure skating we’ve seen!

I’m a little careful in talking about PChiddy with other fanyus because I know he was not a pleasant competitor, to say the least, but back then he was the one that made me tune in to watch the discipline and meet Yuzu in the first place. Never caring too much about sportsman pleasantry, but still adamant in being a more complete skater and to break barriers about the sports’ stereotypes (he was concerned about the image of asian men in the sport once). 
So, I agree with you! LOL On all accounts, especially in the comparison with other skaters that we expected would say better things later on - PChiddy was particularly nice with his remarks on Yuzu around Beijing. 

It might be that they just took a small message from him via text or so, but I’m excited about the fact they recognize his role as Yuzu’s rival and they manage to reach out to him (I think). 

Anyway! 

This whole week feels like the craziest fanyu tribute party! LOL 

On 7/21/2022 at 2:36 PM, Perelandra said:

Hi Admins, Mods, Satellites

Is the Planet planning to organise a planetary wide "good luck for the future type of support message" for Yuzu?

It would be something to confirm ongoing support for Yuzu and an affirmation to him that people still want to be involved with whatever has has planned for the future.

Leaving competitive life cannot have been an easy decision.

The timing of the announcement after having said he wanted to ratify the 4A still seems off kilter, just a couple more ISU events, Challenger series even, could have let Yuzu have his childhood dreams fulfilled.

For many reasons, both his own personal reasons and possibly some external factors, Yuzu has left the competition arena. 

Yuzu mentioned that he had felt unsure about reactions from fans and although Yuzu owes nothing to anyone outside of his close circle, it would be really nice if his concerns for fans could be allayed with a message of support.

Now that Yuzu is no longer with JSF or TCC, finding a contact to deliver a physical gift or dedications book might be difficult, but there must be some way to do it and if funds are required I would be willing to offer a donation to help with this project

Thank you for your indulgence

@Anabel

Good Day Lovely Satellites

It seems that people are interested to send a support messages to Yuzu.

Anabel and I have investigated using a high quality photobook service to compile messages

A separate thread will open shortly to discuss the project

General idea, take a photo of Virtual Pooh Rain with a written message for Yuzu and in which country you reside. We will put a Pooh on a map to show that support is Global.

Send photo, for inclusion in the project. Of course if you don't have a Pooh any visual tribute for Yuzu will be just as good

The most important aspect of this is that we would like Yuzu to see that lots of fans are excited about the future projects that Yuzu is planning and will continue to support him.

We want everyone orbiting the Planet to be included, if they would like to be involved.

The intention will be to send the completed photo book to Ice RInk Sendai

*As a matter of courtesy, we are appealing to any of the Japanese speaking satellites.*

Please could one of you volunteer to approach them, to check if it will be alright for the Planet to ask for their help to ensure that the gift reaches Yuzu.

Spoiler

Costs have been covered for both the book and postage by myself and Anabel. It is your involvement that counts

19 minutes ago, Anni said:

Thank you for the link. Maybe someone could upload it to the video section anyway? Many thanks  in advance.

I created the page but twitch video can't be played apparently, so added just the direct link

Idk if the vid is permanent or temporary, if @/starrynotte will upload somewhere else like theit YT channel I'll change the link later

@Perelandra I wish to make a donation to contribute to the photo book. Please pm me how I can make the donation.

I am a new/baby fanyu since Beijing Olys. Am so glad to find this platform though alittle late... Hope to meet some of the fanyus where we can watch Yuzuru's ice shows together one day. Cried too (after his presscon) since I will never get to watch Yuzu competing in person, yet at the same time I'm happy for his decision to turning to pro-athlete. 

Thank you PlanetHanyu for this platform. 

34 minutes ago, EisElle said:

I created the page but twitch video can't be played apparently, so added just the direct link

Idk if the vid is permanent or temporary, if @/starrynotte will upload somewhere else like theit YT channel I'll change the link later

Thank you EisElle. I looked just on youtube, but unfortunately nothing has been uploaded yet, maye later. 

The next broadcast with Yuzu is coming soon. I think starrynotte will  be streaming again.

Wow, so much going on today! I stayed up part of the night here to see Yuzu at NHK trophy through the years, and to see the beginning of FaOI Makuhari, then this morning's offerings on TBS and caught up on the end of FaOI! Now waiting for TV Asahi...phew I am amazed I got all the timings right :confused:

I've been thinking of that Stephane long hug, and Stephane's 4T....I think he's in on this pro-athlete stuff too!  Yuzu's made him up his tech lol!! He'll be a great source of experience and knowledge to Yuzuru I would imagine...

I just love that Yuzuru is saying stuff about the scoring...it doesn't just affect him, the Japanese women have been so disadvantaged, as have the South Korean women. Deniss has said some words publicly too, I mean about the move away from the more artistic/musical components in skating (including skating skills, which are really technical skills ofc!). I really think this sport sucks the most when it comes to valuing the skaters and their opinions, their voices are silenced, I think that in itself is an abuse. I feel it's to do with the youth of the skaters, and a hangover of Russian (and U.S. American?) cultural attitudes to sport/training/coaching. That really needs to change! Evgenia had to go all the way to Canada to have a voice...but still the views of skaters are rarely heard and that in the 21st century in the modern world is unacceptable in my view

Anyway, Yuzu has a voice now, at last, can't wait to hear it!!!

EDIT great idea about photobook - I'll donate, let me know how!

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@Anabel

Good Day Lovely Satellites

It seems that people are interested to send a support messages to Yuzu.

Anabel and I have investigated using a high quality photobook service to compile messages

A separate thread will open shortly to discuss the project

General idea, take a photo of Virtual Pooh Rain with a written message for Yuzu and in which country you reside. We will put a Pooh on a map to show that support is Global.

Send photo, for inclusion in the project. Of course if you don't have a Pooh any visual tribute for Yuzu will be just as good

The most important aspect of this is that we would like Yuzu to see that lots of fans are excited about the future projects that Yuzu is planning and will continue to support him.

We want everyone orbiting the Planet to be included, if they would like to be involved.

The intention will be to send the completed photo book to Ice RInk Sendai

*As a matter of courtesy, we are appealing to any of the Japanese speaking satellites.*

Please could one of you volunteer to approach them, to check if it will be alright for the Planet to ask for their help to ensure that the gift reaches Yuzu.

Reveal hidden contents

If people are able to contribute with a small donation, that would be very kind. If that is not possible, costs will be covered for both the book and postage by myself and Anabel. Please do not feel obligated to give any money. It is your involvement that counts

It's a really nice idea with the photobook. Thank you for organizing this project.:8788161: I would also participate in a donation.

23 minutes ago, Soleil88 said:

@Perelandra I wish to make a donation to contribute to the photo book. Please pm me how I can make the donation.

I am a new/baby fanyu since Beijing Olys. Am so glad to find this platform though alittle late... Hope to meet some of the fanyus where we can watch Yuzuru's ice shows together one day. Cried too (after his presscon) since I will never get to watch Yuzu competing in person, yet at the same time I'm happy for his decision to turning to pro-athlete. 

Thank you PlanetHanyu for this platform. 

Welcome @Soleil88 to the Planet and also all new member :wave: