General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Mor2904 said:

They are so funny together! :LOL:

It would be wonderful if they decided to do some sort of regular collaboration together other than skating, they really are hilarious together :nod2:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is unbelievable! :jaw: Yuzu ranks even higher than Xiao Zhan and other absolute super stars from the entertainment industry. And this data is from March 19th, a month after the Olympics. Yuzu's popularity in China is incredible. And unlike these idols, actors and pop stars, he doesn't have any social media, no PR, no promotions, no show appearances etc. :ganba:

[NEWS]

Exactly, only with his skating and his way of facing life. Its authenticity opens hearts and borders :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Gosh, this is hilarious! I've already seen a couple of Yuzu as veggies edits on Twitter. I guess this is how some of us cope with the drought. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I've had some good laughs browsing twitter. The fanyus become very resourceful in times of drought :rofl2:

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is unbelievable! :jaw: Yuzu ranks even higher than Xiao Zhan and other absolute super stars from the entertainment industry. And this data is from March 19th, a month after the Olympics. Yuzu's popularity in China is incredible. And unlike these idols, actors and pop stars, he doesn't have any social media, no PR, no promotions, no show appearances etc. :ganba:

[NEWS]

This is absolutely amazing, but I’m going to be 100% honest, it concerns me :umm: 

LOL

Online spaces can be so volatile, I’m glad the cfanyus are loyal and dedicated so they’re probably aware of all discourse and whatnot going on. 

What this could show also is how “mainstream” Yuzu is in China. Cfanyus don’t seem to have a big space for themselves, most traffic appears to be coming very topically, average users flocking to the subject without much fandom behavior. Am I reading this right chinese speakers? I was checking weibo and that’s the impression I got reading a few posts! Could be wrong. 

For my concerns, I know the topic will die down with time. So I will wait it out.

FaOI management must ITCHING to re-schedule those shows in Shangai, if I was on PR-Finances I’d be cursing covid like crazy lol 

This also means JSF cannot ignore him like they intended to do this next quad. The whole thing backfired behe

41 minutes ago, Anabel said:

It would be wonderful if they decided to do some kind of regular collaboration together other than skating, they are really hilarious together :nod2:

Exactly, only with his skating and his way of facing life. Its authenticity opens hearts and borders :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw :

I had a good laugh while browsing Twitter. Fanyus become very resourceful in times of drought :rofl2:

Oh YES, would it be an idea  :2thumbsup: for Nobu and Yuzu to do "something" together? together and see Nobu with his contagious laughter and they are really friends THEM :winky: 

Certainly also without anything at all Yuzu has him all alone / his altruism / his sensitivity / his humility and all that he is, always makes him a winner : snonegai:

In my country, it is advisable to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day, so those with :headdesk:Yuzu

4 hours ago, Mor2904 said:

They are so funny together! :LOL:

I would like another interview-style show with Yuzu and Nobu! The one with Shoma they had a while ago was hilarious and I think they all had fun eating dessert too :laughing:

11 minutes ago, Sha said:

I would like another interview-style show with Yuzu and Nobu! The one with Shoma they had a while ago was hilarious and I think they all had fun eating dessert too :laughing:

If it's the show I think, Nobu didn't have such a good time with the cake :10814716: Poor Nobu...

I really like this comparative videos...

On 3/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, Mary_kyo said:

The attention to details, wow. Making everything more difficult and complicated, but getting lesser and lesser scores. No wonder he said "it wasn't rewarded"~~~

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It hadn't really registered in my brain other that feeling something was different. It's amazing. Unnecessarily, and not bringing him points or acknowledgement, but amazing. It's the kind of things he does because he challenges himself even in the "smallest" details, even when "there's no point" in doing them but his pride as a skater. 

I love him for his integrity and vision, wish that it earned him points or at least respect from judges and his peers...

On 3/19/2022 at 12:25 PM, liv said:

I thought his arms looked odd when he landed, but now I can see he upped the difficulty. I bet the judges didn't even notice other than thinking it looked odd somehow Too... and remember, he'd already missed the 4S so he wasn't going to be getting any extra credit anywhere after that. That's how things work if you are no longer the annointed one. 

This is when doing PR helps. If he'd had a coach, that coach could have talked up that extra difficult arm position, and then it would be talked about. Back in 1988 when Boitano did his short program 2A (back then 2A was mandatory in the sp)he landed it with both arms crossed. It was talked about, noticed...made a big deal over... I know, yuzu does things differently but, while admirable, that can be detrimental when up against those who play the game. 

Yuzuru did say to media to please pay attention to Roncapu few crossovers and I'm sure things like the fans compiling his TR or noticing his arm on 3A landing or a variation on his spin position make him happy, but honestly when commentators (even former skaters at that) can't even tell a 3turn from a counter,or when they call telegraphed jumps "out of nowhere", what can we expect? Probably, even a coach going technical of what exactly Yuzu does would fly over the heads of judges and commies alike. I bet they didn't even notice that Yuzuru's SE into 4S in Roncapu was an outside one, instead of his "usual" inside. Bet they can't even tell what's a simple step, or their TR marks wouldn't be the clownery they are.

Boitano was American and people were willing to be in awe of him (rightfully). Yuzuru, instead, was called obsessed by western media for his quest for something as HUGE as a jump never done before. I just don't see the same western media register a harder landing position by him as something worth mentioning, let alone praising. Instead they love droning on and on about empty programs and their groundbreaking "minimalism".

The only time I've seen bloggers like JWrong noticing details is when N graced us with 1 new tr into one of his jumps (that would later disappear of course, while the goe and pcs boost stayed). No one had needed to point them out those "tr", because they were all part of the same pr machine that will never be on Yuzuru's side.

On 3/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, Sun_Rise said:

Meanwhile - again giving the example of gymnastics. They had it all properly planned already in 2017 with a clear roadmap. They are proud and loud about it, marketing it everywhere, being at the front-line of improving sports and emphasizing fair scoring all the time. See their roadmap:

fujitsu-Roadmap.jpg

Really, the ISU needs to get serious about it. 

The contrast with gymnastics truly reveals a lot on which governing body wants to improve on their scoring system and which one, instead, likes how things had been run in the previous less tech-advanced decades🙄

And it's not like FS is particularly lacking in popularity and fundings compared to gymnastics. FS is still one of the main attractions of the whole OWG, and heck, FS even "helps" keeping whole speed skating afloat too (and maybe that's an issue too, within both JSF and ISU the speed skating branch liberally uses sources earned by through fs)

Also replying to @Anabel on GOE on falls 

On 3/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, yuzupon said:

Technically, not necessarily. As I understand it, the -5 is for the fall itself, but the other bullet points for positive GOE still apply. I.e., if it hits some bullet point to, say, get +3 GOE, then if the skater falls in a particular jump, the final GOE would be +3-5 = -2. The rules do not say: "When the skater fall, the jump automatically gets a final -5 GOE". The only "final GOE must be -5" in the rule book is for a jump in SP that is not according to the requirement.

Someone do correct me if my knowledge is now outdated. lord knows I can't keep up with ISU ever changing, vague rules.

Afaik (last I checked which probably was past season?) falls and some other serious mistakes (iirc edge call and DG? They actually specifically mentioned the mistakes, contrary to what they did for pcs cap) would cap the max "starting goe"(= the goe due to all the positive features) to +2. Hence, after -5 deduction for the fall, the jump can get in best case scenario -3. But you'd be hard pressed to find a jump with fall with no other mistake deserving further deduction (like a flawed landing, poor air position, poor takeoff etc), and tbh only a few jumps with falls would have enough positive attributes to even "start" from +2 (an example could be a big jump out of steps)

Do satellites know of this? Go and vote if you have a twitter account! We're revisiting some Iconic Yuzu moments and the banter is all lighthearted:201111231756430f6: