General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

truly convinced he should ditch difficult entry to his jumps. they mean nothing to the judges now. 

No, because that’s what makes him special. History will determine his greatness. He shouldn’t go down to the level of others to appease political judges.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What does Javi Raya even do? He seems to be everywhere, he skates nicely, but he's not in any big competitions or seniors yet? 

He’s a Senior, actually and has been for many years! He just hasn’t qualified for some competitions unfortunately. He’s also involved with Javi’s Revolution On Ice show.

9 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

No, because that’s what makes him special. History will determine his greatness. He shouldn’t go down to the level of others to appease political judges.

and he wouldnt...and I know thats why he is who he is. but its just sad that he gets sad when he doesnt win :banginghead:and the sport doesnt deserve to witness his level when they dont give him what he deserves. he can save it for ice shows. just give them the bare minimum and get those golds he deserve :winner2: our boy gotta come up with a gameplan to combat this

Just now, makebelieveup said:

and he wouldnt...and I know thats why he is who he is. but its just sad that he gets sad when he doesnt win :banginghead:but the sport doesnt deserve to witness his level when they dont give him what he deserves. he can save it for ice shows. just give them the bare minimum and get those golds he deserve :winner2:

I understand what you’re  saying, but I think about his idols Plu and Weir.  Weir never had great medal successes, but influenced Yuzu with his transitions and matching jumps to his music. Plu influences him with his domination and flare. Yuzu was able to meld the two together.  I think whoever emulates Yuzu with natural talent and technique will be amazing.  Whether they will have his persona and personality, not sure if that will happen anytime in the near future. 

Yuzu is a unicorn and will be referenced long after his career is over. I think he should just do Yuzu from now til whenever he wants to stop competing.

7 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I understand what you’re  saying, but I think about his idols Plu and Weir.  Weir never had great medal successes, but influenced Yuzu with his transitions and matching jumps to his music. Plu influences him with his domination and flare. Yuzu was able to meld the two together.  I think whoever emulates Yuzu with natural talent and technique will be amazing.  Whether they will have his persona and personality, not sure if that will happen anytime in the near future. 

Yuzu is a unicorn and will be referenced long after his career is over. I think he should just do Yuzu from now til whenever he wants to stop competing.

Yeah I get what you mean. and its actually pretty impressive to see how many current skaters have been referencing his trademarks in their own programs. The backcounter double axels from the russian ladies. grassl in particular did 4loop and yuzu spin. kihira is learning salchow with his take off. skaters imitating his costumes left and right. he is the greatest inspiration and influence for the sport. :cri:

if not ditch difficult entries or transitions then id say keep otonal and origin. im not the biggest fans of him tributing to his heroes and keeping the same programs but if that help him in any way to alleviate more stress of learning a new program while trying to up his tech, im all for it. 

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

Yeah I get what you mean. and its actually pretty impressive to see how many current skaters have been referencing his trademarks in their own programs. The backcounter double axels from the russian ladies. grassl in particular did 4loop and yuzu spin. kihira is learning salchow with his take off. skaters imitating his costumes left and right. he is the greatest inspiration and influence for the sport. :cri:

if not ditch difficult entries or transitions then id say keep otonal and origin. im not the biggest fans of him tributing to his heroes and keeping the same programs but if that help him in any way to alleviate more stress of learning a new program while trying to up his tech, im all for it. 

I agree with everything except keep otonol and origin. I want a Japanese program!!!!:img_21:

Just now, SuperMin said:

I agree with everything except keep otonol and origin. I want a Japanese program!!!!:img_21:

I knowwww but well whatever helps yuzu win. i want him to skate clean to origin the way he wanted. he did say he want to do the biellman to tribute to plush and im sure he is regrettable about what happened at cor. so maybe he can go there again where plush can watch him. but i get you. i wish he skates to princess mononoke and princess kaguya osts.

5 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

:peekapooh: SEIMEI 3.0

Just now, makebelieveup said:

im gonna be bold and wish for rj 1.0 to repeat. lol i couldnt say rj 2.0 bc that would mean his 2013/2014 program. OR he can take one of his novice programs and make it new

As fun as that would be, there are so many pieces of music out there he could do. I totally want to see him bring a manga-inspired program to competition.  I bet he could make something really striking out of Tokyo Ghoul. 

Or he could do some Rachmaninoff or Tchaikovsky. I think  a Romantic composer would really suit him.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As fun as that would be, there are so many pieces of music out there he could do. I totally want to see him bring a manga-inspired program to competition.  I bet he could make something really striking out of Tokyo Ghoul. 

Or he could do some Rachmaninoff or Tchaikovsky. I think  a Romantic composer would really suit him.

Yuri on ice eros 

:peekapooh:

he already did tchaikovsky swan lake. i dont think he suits russian music thattt much, tbh. if he is going to do something new id say go with japanese music