General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, gladi said:

Haha, well, somethings we leave as tradition (until it's time to break it ;)) Indeed the labeling of him as an 'old skater' and all the assumptions that go with it is quite weird. The fact that the narrative was somewhat pervasive too, bothers me quite a lot. Sometimes I think it's the "day and age"... fast food, instant gratification, disruption being the key. But it is also the way the field is, gold fish memory that extends to maybe the last competition and some weird desire to herald the next greatest ever (is it?! is it not?!).

It's curious, that one.

I mean all right, some of it is a bit of the sour grapes, then purposeful direction of talk, and all that but I do sometimes wonder how much there's a bit of an effect of the early r****ment syndrome, so anyone who sticks around longer, gets this 'old' appellation after a while, regardless of their actual age. Yuzuru has been around in the Seniors since he's been quite young too so though his actual status is the awkward middle child, and he's quite young, he gets grouped in with the veterans because he has been going against them for so long and as a person competitive in his own right, instead of just at the same time. 

If anything, he's now entered his 'mature' years of full strength and we could say, as seen by this text here, that he has had a massive trial by fire in terms of psychology too and how he handles such huge challenges which probably matured him a great deal and I'd say crystallized some things in his way of thinking and approach to skating. 

20 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

If anything, he's now entered his 'mature' years of full strength and we could say, as seen by this text here, that he has had a massive trial by fire in terms of psychology too and how he handles such huge challenges which probably matured him a great deal and I'd say crystallized some things in his way of thinking and approach to skating. 

Ahh, so much this! In a sense, the keen observation and deep thinking have always been a double-edged sword. In addition to all the good it brought Yuzuru, there's also the fact that he is quite sensitive and subject to feelings and bad imagery (still is). Add to that a long history of having to fight or make up for the disadvantages of not-great health and asthma, it's a real psychological task to control and manage all that talent and not crumble.

@Fay reminds me of the translation you did for RUS ESP last season, when Yuzu gave the perfect skates.

- And Orser is looking at it… but it’s another world record! The previous one was 216.07, now 219 – just very short of 220. But I think Orser is going to have a huge problem now, because now he has to… I realise that Hanyu is unique in his psychology, but he’s still human. Being a god is very hard psychologically

(Others interested in reading the translation: https://planethanyu.com/topic/46-competition-commentary-translations-spreadsheet/#comment-3296)

11 minutes ago, gladi said:

Ahh, so much this! In a sense, the keen observation and deep thinking have always been a double-edged sword. In addition to all the good it brought Yuzuru, there's also the fact that he is quite sensitive and subject to feelings and bad imagery (still is). Add to that a long history of having to fight or make up for the disadvantages of not-great health and asthma, it's a real psychological task to control and manage all that talent and not crumble.

Isn't that the truth.

And while of course there is the whole - overcoming difficult things makes you stronger - wisdom, which is undoubtedly true, it also leaves consequences and everyone has a limit. For some, it may be quite high but sooner or later, people will hit that one thing that is too much.
Reading all of this text really brings the point home over just how extraordinarily difficult it had been for him - dealing with the injury itself and it's potential consequences, then the whole issue of how it even happened (here especially I'd expect his nature of deep thinking would have hit home in a painful way), Boston and events there (and here, combined with the previous, and undoubtedly some feeling of letting people down), not being able to practice and then still stubbornly pushing on ... it could have easily, all too easily have gone the other way.

For me, there is no doubt that it is not only his talent that earns him the title of genius, but his mind too and yet, that mind toes that line, as all genius does. 

Well I can bring Kobe news if you truly want it!

Of course, not really fluff but very interesting. 
I wonder if he's there for training (of both Yuzu and Javier of course) and I would not be surprised if this is so, and we can even connect it partially to what we've just been talking about (which is why I put it here too, apart from the Kobe thread).

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

I wonder if he's there for training (of both Yuzu and Javier of course) and I would not be surprised if this is so, and we can even connect it partially to what we've just been talking about (which is why I put it here too, apart from the Kobe thread).

Most delicious beef I've ever had :sadPooh:

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Aaah yes!!! Wonderful, thanks!!!

https://t.co/tuHyPE1kMt

:img_20::img_20::img_20:

The weather Forecast for the next 4 days in Kobe.

Date/Description/Max&Min/Rainfall

-------------------------------------------------------------

9/6(Fri)..........Cloudy in some places/...

10/6(Sat).........PM  Shower/...

11/6(Sun)........Cloudy on the whole/...

12/6(Mon).......Cloudy in some places/...

Well, rain or shine or no matter how bad the weather

may be, nothing to keep Yuzu Fans from the coming-

up excitements, joy, etc.....right?

Anyway, it's the matter of the weather, it's changeable.

Just hope that it won't effect any transportations for

anyone who're lucky to be there. 

Enjoy your days/lives ! :party0021:  :party0035:

-----------------------------------------------------------

<For anyone who may have an eye on>

:shakehead:Just randomly picked up sth to watch while typing

this, and found that a member, Carlos Marin of "Il divo"

(ref:Notte Stellata) joined a music TV program of NHK

("Uta-Con") on June 6, singing "My Way"(one of the 

Japanese's all-time favorite English song:laughing:).

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/ildivo/

:facepalm:Trying to be useful with news from Japan, but I

myself still can't find time to really watch/ edit/ dub

anything recorded in my blue-ray disc recorder

particularly the long ones and also to read/watch those 

posts here during my absence for nearly a week around

the end of May~early June.

Never mind, will try to catch up with all unread/unwatched

stuffs during Yuzu Loss period after FaOI :smiley-love017: . ]

:thankyou:

On 6/8/2017 at 2:39 AM, Yatagarasu said:

Isn't that the truth.

And while of course there is the whole - overcoming difficult things makes you stronger - wisdom, which is undoubtedly true, it also leaves consequences and everyone has a limit. For some, it may be quite high but sooner or later, people will hit that one thing that is too much.
Reading all of this text really brings the point home over just how extraordinarily difficult it had been for him - dealing with the injury itself and it's potential consequences, then the whole issue of how it even happened (here especially I'd expect his nature of deep thinking would have hit home in a painful way), Boston and events there (and here, combined with the previous, and undoubtedly some feeling of letting people down), not being able to practice and then still stubbornly pushing on ... it could have easily, all too easily have gone the other way.

For me, there is no doubt that it is not only his talent that earns him the title of genius, but his mind too and yet, that mind toes that line, as all genius does. 

+1, +1. And sometimes it's not just hitting that one thing that is too much, either. It's that you hit the same thing multiple times, and eventually it gets the best of you. Cracks, if you will. That's how my cheat day with food I'm allergic to turn into days, then into cheat weeks and cheat permanence. Ahahahaha.

More seriously, though, I do appreciate a greater tolerance for Yuzuru and his decisions. :10742288: A view of him that allows for the idea of an athlete that actually struggles, and not just Peter Pan. He is so great, but it didn't just happen out of nowhere. It happened despite of chance, difficulty and a lot of opposition. So I do want to keep that at the back of my mind as we watch the undoubtedly amazing things that will happen this coming season. Now I'm just rambling :10636614:

On 6/8/2017 at 3:07 AM, Yatagarasu said:

[BRIAN IN KOBE :D AND NOMMING ON KOBE BEEF]

And I run off to dinner, and come back to this! Aahhh! I think Brian is producing/choreographing the Kobe show though, if he's there. But yes, I do wonder if, on the side, he would do some training with Yuzu. Watch his 4Lz ^_^ I always appreciate knowing there's some supervision instead of potentially none when Yuzu is in Japan XD