General Yuzuru Chat

hace 1 minuto , xeyra said:

Hmmm... the more he talks about the 4T the more I begin to think he'll indeed go for a 4Lz-less layout with two repeat quads and one 3A. 

4T seems to be the new best friend. I don't think that definitely excludes 4Lz, but 4T was in both YOLO layouts at 4CC and WTT, it means it is really reliable now. So it can contribute to better consistency. Btw what   is the success  rate of 4T this season? Should be around 100%.

I find it interesting when he said that the decision to skate to Chopin came after Worlds LP. Was is it because he finally could give a clean perfomance or something else? I am looking forward to more comments from him about this choice.

I think 4Lz is still on the table depending on how training goes. He was (and still is probably) too hard on himself (everyone else was too... conveniently forgetting that it was a splatfest for all the men) for falling during his long program for Sochi and that's why he's aiming for a faultless performance this time. He won't abandon his 2 3a's in the second half because they're his most reliable jumps and if the judges aren't drunk they get the same pts as a quad due to their goe's. I think because of 4cc and WTT he realised he can play around with his layout more without the burden of having to put a new jump.

I feel he really got back his confidence with 4T.  I surprise that his 4T is really consistent this season, considering things happened after Boston. I don't rule out 4lz yet, he practice it in every Faoi rehearsals. His ice shows will end in mid june, he has plenty of time until his OP. 

hace 16 minutos , Katt said:

I feel he really got back his confidence with 4T.  I surprise that his 4T is really consistent this season, considering things happened after Boston. I don't rule out 4lz yet, he practice it in every Faoi rehearsals. His ice shows will end in mid june, he has plenty of time until his OP. 

Yes,  after the 4S3T nightmare it is quite understandable why he insists now with 4T. At WTT he said he wanted to try 4Tlo3S in the second half of LP and he did it. At FaOI he tried successfully 4T combo in the second half of SP. All of this is surely part of his strategy for next season. 

ETA I don't feel it as a downgrade. BV for 4S and 4T is almost the same. Many people said during this season that he should drop the CoD. And now that he dropped it in SP why should we consider it a step back?

Thank you everyone regarding my ava!  I re-uploaded per suggestions and I can see it once again. The banner is back to normal too  :grouphug:

If Yuzu feels we haven't seen the best of Chopin then I look forward to him showing us what he intends to show. And please do it during Men's Singles SP night to make up for my missing it in person at worlds, Yuzu (followed by a winning long at that please).  :bow:

27 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Ehm without 4Lz but 2 3As, he probably could go with 4Lo 4S 3Lz 4Lo3T 4T 4T2T 3ALo3S 3A no? It's still a 5 quads layout 

No he can't.

In your layout: 4Lo x2, 4T x2, 3A x2

In that case the last 3A won't be counted.

hace 1 minuto , Dara said:

No he can't.

In your layout: 4Lo x2, 4T x2, 3A x2

In that case the last 3A won't be counted.

Why the last 3A don't be counted?

WTT layout could be 5 quads if not for popped 4S or I am wrong?

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

Only two repetitions of quads and triples are allowed.

Yuzu obviously would have to jump 3Lz as the last jump if he'd succeed with all 5 quads.

ETA:

"Repetitions: Any double jump (including double Axel) cannot be included more than twice in total in a Single’s Free Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of Combination / Sequence). Of all the triple and quadruple jumps only two (2) can be executed twice. If at least one of these executions is in a jump combination or a jump sequence, both executions are evaluated in a regular way. If both executions are as solo jumps, the second of these solo jumps will receive 70% of its original Base Value. Triple and quadruple jumps with the same name will be considered as two different jumps. No triple or quadruple jump can be attempted more than twice".

http://static.isu.org/media/382012/2016_special-regulation-sandp-and-ice-dance-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf (p.105)

Ahora, Dara said:

Only two repetitions of quads and triples are allowed.

Yuzu obviously would have to jump 3Lz as the last jump if he'd succeed with all 5 quads.

Thank you for the aclaration!

On a lighter note

I want the T-shirt

1 minute ago, Floria said:

He can only repeat 2 jumps (the second one needs to be in combination). At WTT, the 4TLo3S was made up for the 4S pop at the first half. If he went for 5 quads there (4Lo, 2 4S, 2 4T), his final jump must have been 3Lz.