General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, Floria said:

Shoma ...:rofl:

OMG he exchanged the politeness!!! I'm in love with both of them help!

26 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Don't ever underestimate Yuzu's love for Japan

Lol I wish I could have half of his sane patriotism for my country. Kinda jealous. 

54 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I think this is new so I doubt there's a translation up just yet but I'm guessing from the context that it's going to address 4A stuff because Yuzu mentioned in the presscon that Tsuzuki-sensei (the man featured here) was the one who impressed upon him that the axel is the 'king of jumps' (also the title says 'challenge quintuple jumps?' which like......no thanks lmao)

I'll see if I can do a rough summary tonight ( :

Thank you soooooooooo much! You are such a blessing to fanyus ❤❤❤

9 hours ago, pewirinkle said:

on a brighter note, look at our cutie

The face of utter betrayal. I don't know how many times I've watched this...you can tell he's dead tired but even that doesn't stop the betrayal from slipping by :smiley-laughing021:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

3 years, as of August last year, before the injury. :13877886: Though at the same time he was talking about continuing competing in his late 20s so what's going on there. I'm just not going to listen to any more anything. I can't stand the up and down up and down. I just want someone to tell me "Yes, you still have time to see him compete with your own eyes" so I can sleep.

Just once. That's all I ask for. I just want to see him on the ice once. Swirling around at a gala will be enough too. :13877886:

4 hours ago, Floria said:

We will never let him go :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:.

Noted to self: DO NOT read this forum at work. DO NOT EVEN CHECK FOR UPDATES. I cannot tell you how many times my heart dropped when I was skimming by and I read the word "retire" several posts over. :dpooh: Yuzu's practically a vampire. Vampires don't retire. lalalalala I didn't read anything else. 

1 hour ago, Yoa said:

So now Javi calls Yuzu his friend... after denying it so many times :rofl:

I think there's been tension between them after Javi's win at world in 2015 and 2016. And both were visibly very stressed, Javi looked very tired last year.

It seems to me that those last month, something happened that made them closer again, and stronger mentally. Yuzu's state of mind seems to have changed a lot lately due to his injury, and I wouldn't be surprised if Javi had been a great moral support for him these last months.

Anyway, call it friendship or teammateship (?), their relationship is beautiful.

When 4A is more doable than a 4F :smiley-laughing021:

this space kitty :rofl:

About 3X OGM, what if Yuzu stays long enough until he basically in the same Oly team with that Sendai kid lmao :smiley-laughing021:like people already calls him veteran now, what would people do then lol Ancestor Yuzu?!?! :smiley-laughing021:

Ahora, Altie said:

I think there's been tension between them after Javi's win at world in 2015 and 2016. And both were visibly very stressed, Javi looked very tired last year.

It seems to me that those last month, something happened that made them closer again. Yuzu's state of mind seems to have changed a lot lately due to his injury, and I wouldn't be surprised if Javi had been a great moral support for him these last months.

Anyway, call it friendship or teammateship (?), their relationship is beautiful.

From one of recent articles (source)

If Hanyu needed any extra incentive to push it, all he needed to do was look on the training ice in Toronto, where Orser’s other prized student , Spain’s Javier Fernandez, was laying down superb programs.

“Yuzu never got overzealous,” Orser said. “I saw Javi out there getting ready, but he understood what we need to do. And a couple weeks ago, I realized he’d be OK. He’ll skate well.”

I guess that apart from motivation Javi also played very well his role in the TCC brilliant plan.