General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Lol at the comments of that poll saying "Yuzuru won't be married with a woman" or "I can only see Yuzuru as the girl" - oh, how sad life must be, with all those gender roles in your head?

To me, Yuzuru's main beauty is that he can convey both masculine and feminine energy into his skating, and thus making it complete, multicolored, original, new. He is not afraid to explore his feminine side, a world that's not familiar to him, but he also has a strong male identity always with him. His sexuality is present, but not flaunted. His manly side is present, but not flaunted. His feminine side is present, but not forced. Everything is in balance and there is an acceptance of different ways to exist, live, and skate. He smashes gender norms and gender roles like they're nothing to him. Some people will call him girly, some people will call him cold, and these people are just too blind to see everything that's going on on the ice when he's there - because there's a lot going on. 

(of course my 69th post had to be about Yuzuru's sexuality)

Now you have me curious about your 69th post!

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Yuzu's quad thirst is causing figure skating to die! Because Nathan Chen's skating sucks! - basically that confession 

If we're talking about quad thirst I would give it to Plushenko.

And maybe even Boyang - didn't he say his dream was to do an all quad layout?

For Yuzu, I'd say he has an Axel Thirst TM :rofl:

And.... unfortunately... a quint thirst.

He's the only one of the top guys where I've consistently heard him talk about quints (boy, you need to chill :text-line-smiley-122: ).

Heck, it was his dream when he was just a baby mushroom (that and the quad axel.)

4 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Sorry, I know thos was like 20 pages ago, but that's plain stupid. The reason why Yuzuru dominates isn't just his perfect jumps - it's because he's got everything else too. Basically, he's just too good at everything to be beaten with anything less than a bazzillion of quads. Blaming Yuzuru because he's just too good? WTF.

Agreed but it's also because of CoP and how judges are scoring PCS and GOE if you do quads. Spins, artistry and SS are not rewarded enough relative to quads with BV, GOE and PCS. So only way to challenge Yuzu is quads because he's such a good all around skater he racks up the points on all his elements. 

11 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Lol at the comments of that poll saying "Yuzuru won't be married with a woman" or "I can only see Yuzuru as the girl" - oh, how sad life must be, with all those gender roles in your head?

To me, Yuzuru's main beauty is that he can convey both masculine and feminine energy into his skating, and thus making it complete, multicolored, original, new. He is not afraid to explore his feminine side, a world that's not familiar to him, but he also has a strong male identity always with him. His sexuality is present, but not flaunted. His manly side is present, but not flaunted. His feminine side is present, but not forced. Everything is in balance and there is an acceptance of different ways to exist, live, and skate. He smashes gender norms and gender roles like they're nothing to him. Some people will call him girly, some people will call him cold, and these people are just too blind to see everything that's going on on the ice when he's there - because there's a lot going on. 

(of course my 69th post had to be about Yuzuru's sexuality)

So true!!!! :BeatingHeart:  :clap:  :clapping-smiley: