General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Also, in case anyone was worried Yuzu was going to go straight to Japan to train for NHK, he isn't. He's back in Toronto according to this. Color me not shocked. :biggrin:

I'm so proud of him :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::rofl:

26 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It is rumoured that StSq is very bitter lately and she refuses to meet with the Emperor

Your icon and this statement is hilarious :smiley-laughing021:

1 hour ago, SSS said:

Sharing my story today about the US propaganda.

Today when I arrived office, my teammate gave me some super excited face expression... I knew he watched the program because he sent me some Yuzu TV photos during weekend. (NBC confirmed)

My teammate did not know figure skating until he knew I loved Yuzu. He finished Yuri on Ice...(I didn't)... and he knew Nathan Chen (I told him). To him, when mentioning Nathan Chen, he brings up quads. (because of news. US propaganda is strong) How cool Nathan Chen is...so many quads...

He was expecting some frustration from me and I didn't have any.:xD:

I asked if he watched the competition. He said when he turned on TV, it was right Yuzu's turn (SEIMEI). He also watched Nathan's program.

As an American, he said he wanted Nathan Chen to win Olympics.

He also said he loved Yuzu's music choice.  

I also asked how he felt. He said he remembered Yuzu's program but did not remember anything except some music in Nathan's program. (Something like that, forgot what he actually said)

After several hours, another teammate shared an instagram post to me. It is the 9gag Yuzu fighting with ribbon, trying to get into gala photo and lifted by a guy video.

:space:It is a good day.

As I was in the arena, I would say both of Nathan's programs were nice but I feel underwhelming a bit? I like the Sp music as it is cool but the performance is not something that makes you feel goosebump or something.

And I love Rite of spring but Nathan's LP is made of mostly Chinese-ish music cuts anyway. So I asked a Chinese girl how does she feel and she said it's a bit underwhelming too. 

Seimei is certainly much more memorable when it comes to the music choice, costume and choreography. I think The Skating Lesson said something about Yuzuru has a huge presence on the ice and that Seimei is very complimentary of that? I dislike them so I do not watch.

Overall I think Chopin is a safe choice but it is beautiful nevertheless and it embodies the softness in Yuzuru's skating. While Seimei is too powerful and people cannot stop their eyes from watching it. 

Phil Hersh once said he felt pity that Seimei should have been shown at the Olympic so casual viewers would know the beauty of the sport... I am sure he feels kinda regretting now loll 

1 hour ago, SSS said:

Sharing my story today about the US propaganda.

Today when I arrived office, my teammate gave me some super excited face expression... I knew he watched the program because he sent me some Yuzu TV photos during weekend. (NBC confirmed)

My teammate did not know figure skating until he knew I loved Yuzu. He finished Yuri on Ice...(I didn't)... and he knew Nathan Chen (I told him). To him, when mentioning Nathan Chen, he brings up quads. (because of news. US propaganda is strong) How cool Nathan Chen is...so many quads...

He was expecting some frustration from me and I didn't have any.:xD:

I asked if he watched the competition. He said when he turned on TV, it was right Yuzu's turn (SEIMEI). He also watched Nathan's program.

As an American, he said he wanted Nathan Chen to win Olympics.

He also said he loved Yuzu's music choice.  

I also asked how he felt. He said he remembered Yuzu's program but did not remember anything except some music in Nathan's program. (Something like that, forgot what he actually said)

After several hours, another teammate shared an instagram post to me. It is the 9gag Yuzu fighting with ribbon, trying to get into gala photo and lifted by a guy video.

:space:It is a good day.

oh

my

god

same

so this skater (who isn't very good btw) at my rink wanted to chat/be friends so we talked about skating and i said "have you watched yuzuru hanyu? he's the best" and he goes "i prefer nathan chen, he has so many quads, isn't that cool?"

:knc_brian3:

FRIENDSHIP. OVER.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

oh

my

god

same

so this skater (who isn't very good btw) at my rink wanted to chat/be friends so we talked about skating and i said "have you watched yuzuru hanyu? he's the best" and he goes "i prefer nathan chen, he has so many quads, isn't that cool?"

FRIENDSHIP. OVER.

if my teammate did not know I am yuzu fan, then he would not know Yuzuru Hanyu. He would only know Nathan Chen is super cool, he has so many quads...

I feel like we can do nothing about US propaganda. The only thing is to pray for great performance.:yznotimpressed: we don't have media support 

12 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

oh

my

god

same

FRIENDSHIP. OVER.

know what, come to my rink. The guys here like Nate but they like Yuzu and Boyang, Javi, and  Pchiddy more, you know acknowledge quality where it exists. And as several are jumping axels,  they  are scared of Nate's landings.