General Yuzuru Chat

Interesting comments by Kenji Miyamoto

• Before the first 4Lo, Yuzu's hand movements were slightly smaller than usual and so Kenji wondered if he was truly focused before his jump
  • The curve before the jump was a little stronger (not sure if he means deeper or larger) than usual and he got the feeling there wasn't as much speed as usual
  • Yuzu managed to capture the music very well during his step sequence though and Kenji praised the StSq a bit
  • He thinks Yuzu will definitely deliver an amazing free
  • For the free, it's not like the hands and body will move because there's music but rather the music will follow/be connected to (?) the hand and body movements.
  • Yuzu's emotions/thoughts/determination (not sure how to interpret omoi precisely in this context) are strong so Kenji is confident he will deliver

LET'S HOPE SO KENJI-SENSEI ; u ; 

I’m a bit on the fence about sp yesterday. One half is disappointed that yuzu is not clean but another half is hoping that this will just leads to explosive sp in olympics!! Here’s to praying yuzu will explode in his fs. Can’t wait for clean upgraded seimei... and that baby 4lutz going into adulthood.

(Just a note, I really like Nathan’s sp... cool and different music but suits him! **blasphemy, I know haha)

4 minutes ago, ymy said:

(Just a note, I really like Nathan’s sp... cool and different music but suits him! **blasphemy, I know haha)

I know you're prob joking but I also feel the need to dispel a myth about this place - no need for blasphemy! There's nothing wrong with liking another skater's programs or, indeed, acknowledging faults in Yuzu's. I just hope he rotates his jumps in Seimei tomorrow tbh, I don't have any other wishes beyond that.  

Nathan's programs are probably one of my favourites in general this season - he's hit on his equivalent of Ballade No 1 in this SP (all hail Shae-Lynn tbh) which makes him a potent competitor. Should be exciting to see him develop

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I know you're prob joking but I also feel the need to dispel a myth about this place - no need for blasphemy! There's nothing wrong with liking another skater's programs or, indeed, acknowledging faults in Yuzu's. I just hope he rotates his jumps in Seimei tomorrow tbh, I don't have any other wishes beyond that.  

Nathan's programs are probably one of my favourites in general this season - he's hit on his equivalent of Ballade No 1 in this SP (all hail Shae-Lynn tbh) which makes him a potent competitor. Should be exciting to see him develop

Hahaha yeah, I was joking. Was afraid of pooh storming down on me while I was sleeping haha. I’ve not watched Nathan’s sp before so it felt fresh and energetic. He has improved a lot except for his camel spin, which is still horrendous to me. I should stop and take this to Nathan’s thread haha.

14 minutes ago, ymy said:

Just a note, I really like Nathan’s sp... cool and different music but suits him! **blasphemy, I know haha

Your ban is effective immediately.

:xD:

there's nothing wrong with liking other skaters, we are here because we all like/love Yuzu :grouphug: it doesn't mean that we can't see when someone else is also doing good. I mean, he can see it why should we deny it.

Please don't feel like you shouldn't say things like that :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:it's a free forum!

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Well, that's consistency I guess. Surprised that not much has changed since 2006!

eta: and now my nostalgia has caught up to me and i'm feeling the sads :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

OH I didn't realise this was a network thing, I thought they at least alternated ;;

why did Shoma and Marin both pick Turandot :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yep! When you start hearing Nessum Dorma then it's TV Asahi: GP Series, GP Finals, WTTrophy, Nobu and Matsuoka-san...... YOI

For Bolero (so much trauma when hearing this music) it's FujiTV: Nationals, Worlds, Takeshi Honda (sometimes with Shizuka or Takahashi).... download everything!

8 hours ago, kelly said:

I was in class but had to "go to the bathroom" for 10 mins just to see yuzu skate... Look what he makes me do...

The context isn't right, but I can't help but quote Taylor here. XD

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzuru's not so great short program performance was my fault. I watched it on live stream and jinxed him. Whenever I watch him live, he seems to do poorly. So I am not going to watch his free skate live.

It was a triple whammy for me. First, I didn't get any sleep because I stayed up to watch the live stream. Second, I had the displeasure of watching Yuzuru underperforming his program. And third, I'm in my wife's bad books for not getting any sleep and staring at my laptop in bed.

Mea culpa, mea culpa... :bow:

Others have already mentioned it, but yea you watched ACI Chopin live at the arena! It's the weekend, get your wife to wake up and watch with you. =P

4 hours ago, kaerb said:

All the jacket removing tweets

2012 Yuzu: Agape

2017 Yuzu: Eros

Alright, now I really need to get some sleep so that I can wake up in time to watch the fs live tomorrow morning!