General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, liv said:

I hope so.

I realize he sees the benefits of skating clean a la medvedeva, buT her competitors arent doing harder jumps than she is....He is againstt people with harder jumps. I have faith in seimei and yuzu, but others are improving their skating quickly.REmember how yuzu quickly improved with jeffs choreography? Nathan is now with shae, you can bet his sp will be amazing. Having 4lz just in case is the smart thing.

I bet he has at least two layouts planned, and one of them includes 4lz:hachimaki:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

It really irritates me when commentators don't do their homework properly- especially when they are ex skaters.  

It's their job! They're getting paid for what they do! Uninformed viewers are relying on them for the facts. In any other job you would get fired for making mistakes.

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It's their job! They're getting paid for what they do! Uninformed viewers are relying on them for the facts. In any other job you would get fired for making mistakes.

Yes- exactly!  How difficult is it to look through the data, take a few notes and be accurate?  It's sloppy and inexcusable.:animated-smileys-angry-041:

1 hour ago, Pamyu said:

Great post @Geo1 !! but I have to just add that Yuzu has in fact won GPF 4 times in a row 2013 - 2016 :10742289:

Yes, I know. But I was referring to Yuzu having won it three times in a row – 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 – at the time Simon Reed made this comment. Yuzu had not won his fourth consecutive GPF at that point. He had just finished the SP.

1 hour ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I also recall Phil tweeting--I think it was after NHK--that if Hanyu had skated like that at the Olympics, people would be talking about his performance for decades.

Yes, I remember that as well... And that is why I want him to perform these programs at the Olympics so that the world can see.

29 minutes ago, #YOLO4A said:

Can someone translate please?

Won't do a word by word translation here bc i am not confident lmao

He's thanking everyone (people following ANA's SNS?) for the support they give to him, saying that he is practicing in Canada for the new season, he will do his best (全力で頑張っていきます, not suuure how to translate this but it's like he's going to give his all? full strength?) And asking us to keep cheering for him :) 

Why do i feel like it's not quite right ughhhhh. That's basically what he said but :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:... 

Also if that's really from today and not just posted today then that's how he was looking like half an hour ago or so and :13877886:

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Robin Cousins of BBC during the 2017 WC medal ceremony: "This is the one he's been waiting for because he's not had a performance like this since he won the Olympic gold medal."

Robin Cousins and his female co-commentator were also under the impression that Shoma Uno had beaten Yuzuru at the last Japanese Nationals. They did not know that Yuzuru had withdrawn from the Nationals due to catching flu.

Even Simon Reed, a big fan of Yuzuru's, seems to have black holes in his memory because immediately after Yuzu finished his SP at the GPF in Marseille, he said words to the effect of: "The last two years have been meagre pickings for him really, he's been runner-up to Fernandez, and although they're good friends, it must've been tough for him."

Really? What happened to winning the GPF three times in a row? What happened to the world record breaking performances at 2015 NHK Trophy and the 2015-16 GPF in Barcelona?

These are just examples of two commentators. I know that others have made comments which have made me shake my head. These are guys who are avid about skating and that do this for a living and yet their memories are short. I suspect that most judges do not follow skating as closely as we do or even as closely as these commentators do. As someone else mentioned in this thread, the skaters must seem like a blur to judges after watching them skate all day and evening. All they are looking for are clean skates.

I am personally very happy with his program choices, especially SEIMEI. Both Chopin and SEIMEI are programs worthy of the Olympics. Phil Hersh tweeted the following after Yuzu's world record FS performance at the 2015-16 GPF in Barcelona:

12 December 2015 – 12:59 PM

I have never seen anything in skating remotely close to what Yuzuru Hanyu has done in #GPFBarcelona & NHK. He just topped his records again.

12 December 2015 – 1:01 PM

One can only hope Yuzuru Hanyu can skate close to this level at 2018 Oly so the world will realize how extraordinary he is.

it would be a real waste if Yuzuru did not perform these iconic programs at the Olympics so that the GENERAL PUBLIC and not just skating fans get to witness how extraordinary he really is.

I was so annoyed by the Robin Cousins Nationals comment that I took to Twitter, tagged Robin and informed him that Yuzu withdrew due to flu, so Shoma didn't technically beat him at Nationals. It was my first tweet lol 😄

Patiently waiting for updates from the practice sessions today :smiley-happy085: Maybe because today was mainly for the magazines and TV shows (yesterday for news outlets), that's why updates are slower to come out. 

I do hope some footage of the interviews with Shae and David will also be released. Or maybe they will come out with the magazines only?