General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, Lunna said:

All in all I feel like it's a step back from artistic point of view (that goes to Shoma's FS too by the way) and this is a side why I became Yuzu's fan in the first place, so recycling both programmes feels like we're missing on this part of him. But I understand that this is a sport and not a theater. I just really hope it was not a forced decision because of too much pressure, expectations and no room left for mistakes and risks.

I don't feel like it's a step back from artistic point of view, as you say. I don't see Seimei as artistically less than Hope & Legacy. They're really different programs. The Yuzu of Hope & Legacy is fragile, Seimei Yuzu is strong, and from my point of view, that's the true reason he has chosen that program. For the Olympics, he has to be strong and confident, and he's just using the program that will better reflect his feelings. And I see that as a step forward.

Even though I understand what you mean, because I found hope & legacy more ... Introspective?

10 minutes ago, CiaoCiao said:

I don't feel like it's a step back from artistic point of view, as you say. I don't see Seimei as artistically less than Hope & Legacy. They're really different programs. The Yuzu of Hope & Legacy is fragile, Seimei Yuzu is strong, and from my point of view, that's the true reason he has chosen that program. For the Olympics, he has to be strong and confident, and he's just using the program that will better reflect his feelings. And I see that as a step forward.

Even though I understand what you mean, because I found hope & legacy more ... Introspective?

i thought she meant it's a step back artistically  because he is repeating programs instead of trying new things. 

1 минуту назад, CiaoCiao сказал:

I don't feel like it's a step back from artistic point of view, as you say. I don't see Seimei as artistically less then Hope & Legacy. They're really different. The Yuzu of Hope & Legacy is fragile, Seimei Yuzu is strong, and from my point of view, that's the true reason he has chosen that program. For the Olympics, he has to be strong and confident, and he's just using the program that will better reflect its feelings. And I see that as a step forward.

Sorry, I didn't mean that artistically Seimei is any less then H&L, actually the opposite I find Seimei more interesting as a theme (was very happy at the news about Japanese themed FS 2 years ago) with more strong/powerful music ( but I also love H&L too - it's just different and a matter of taste). I mean I would love him to develop artistically, to see what other music/character he'd like to portrait on the ice and so on. Of course I think he can be even more in character of Seimei now (just needs enough strength for all those jumps). Maybe we just expect too much from the best and they're only humans with their own concerns.

15 minutes ago, Lunna said:

All in all I feel like it's a step back from artistic point of view (that goes to Shoma's FS too by the way) and this is a side why I became Yuzu's fan in the first place, so recycling both programmes feels like we're missing on this part of him. But I understand that this is a sport and not a theater. I just really hope it was not a forced decision because of too much pressure, expectations and no room left for mistakes and risks. In the end of the day it's Yuzu not me who will stand in the middle of Olympic ice rink with all eyes on him. I will just hope and pray that he'll achieve what he aims for. And then if we're lucky maybe he'll decide to stay a couple of more years in sport so we'll be able to enjoy his unique mix of artistry and technique.

Generally speaking, using new music does not necessarily mean new things, artistic-wise; it could be same old same old that I have seen enough in the past; also going back to an used piece does not necessarily indicate a step-back. 

3 минуты назад, Danibellerika сказал:

i thought she meant it's a step back artistically  because he is repeating programs instead of trying new things. 

Basically yes. Maybe last year's new things didn't get that much love so they decided not to take any risks this year cuz usually Yuzu needs time to grow into new programmes and seems like he wants to show his "average best" from the start.

10 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Thought bubble to hopefully ease some people's minds :7562096::

• Re: Judges penalising him for reusing programs - as many have said, judges prolly don't rewatch programs over and over again. Now, as Yuzu fans, how many times have you personally rewatched Chopin and Seimei? Have you gotten sick of it yet?
  • Conservative layout - the goal is to win. His upping the layout may not be to everyone's liking but as we have seen, consistent clean programs seems to be the key to judges hearts right now.
  • To 4Lz or Not - maybe yes, maybe no. Honestly, the fact that he even HAS a contingency plan means that he has thought things out. Whether or not he'll have a 4Lz will prolly depend on what his competitors do.
  • Re-tirement - on the bright side, what he's doing right now makes me feel like he's not planning on re-tiring after the Olympics. He has PLENTY more to offer in the FS world.

I've still got 20 pgs to catch up on but I'm totally with you on Point 4 (nice way to beat the 'r****ment' masking LOL)

YUZU- I totally expect to see you at GPF in 2018 (Vancouver) AND 2020 Worlds (Montreal). Deal? Okay!!!

:snmouchotto:

7 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Sorry, I didn't mean that artistically Seimei is any less then H&L, actually the opposite I find Seimei more interesting as a theme (was very happy at the news about Japanese themed FS 2 years ago) with more strong/powerful music ( but I also love H&L too - it's just different and a matter of taste). I mean I would love him to develop artistically, to see what other music/character he'd like to portrait on the ice and so on. Of course I think he can be even more in character of Seimei now (just needs enough strength for all those jumps). Maybe we just expect too much from the best and they're only humans with their own concerns.

Sorry, I went lost with my thoughts without understanding well

I'm just to excited that I found the courage to write posts :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Then it is not about repeating programs; it is about exploring new styles. He could have chosen a similar piece of music and guess what some people will say? "He had skated to a similar one and that one was better":dpooh:

2 минуты назад, Elaine сказал:

Generally speaking, using new music does not necessarily mean new things, artistic-wise; it could be same old same old that I have seen enough in the past; also going back to an used piece does not necessarily indicate a step-back. 

I think it's just last two years we became spoiled by some excellent programmes :smile: Jeff always came up with smth. interesting for SP and Yuzu chose smth. new for FS. But well, I can remember that I wasn't a fan of NDP and R&J2 (not that it helped biting my nails any less during comps), so at least he's recycling his best programmes :smile: 

5 минут назад, CiaoCiao сказал:

Sorry, I went lost with my thoughts without understanding well

I'm just to excited that I found the courage to write posts :biggrin:

No prob. I feel like it's also hard for me to precisely express my thoughts in English (too many of them :biggrin:)

Is this how Yuzu feels at press-confs? :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Agreed, although it's an interesting argument.

If you look at other forms of art such as dance or music, , I don't think re-doing or refining a performance is necessarily seen as being less artistic. It may not be seen as original anymore, but I think there's a value in refining and improving on something existing that's different from trying to do something completely new or avant garde. Of course, this is a sport and we're not scoring on artistry and originality, so maybe it's all moot.

I haven't seen enough of the new Seimei to make a judgement, but with Chopin at FaoI I definitely felt a difference in the feel of his performance to what it was in the 2015/2016 season. It seemed to have more gravitas than it did before.

32 minutes ago, Lunna said:

A little rambling after a working day.

I'm not feeling disappointed just not feeling excited (maybe it'll be till first ACI practice). I must say now I'm even a little more excited about Chopin 3.0 then Seimei 2.0. I think it's cuz of the emotional FaOI performances and the fact that Chopin can be skated with different emotions depending on the day and Seimei requires certain character so it has not a lot of room for improvement performance-wise and it always interesting to see how the programme develops during the season.

I totally agree with you on this. Chopin displayed a wide range of emotions in its 2.0 stage already and now that he decided to somewhat break free from the choreo restraints, it is going to be all the more overwhelming and haunting. With Seimei, aside from the epicness of it when skated clean, it doesn't create such complex emotions within me...Which is why I supported Yuzuru's Chopin 3.0 choice much more than Seimei.

Well. In the end, I don't mind any choice tbh. I hope this move will help him get over this eventful, stressful season and hopefully win that deseved gold at the olympics.

5 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think it's just last two years we became spoiled by some excellent programmes :smile: Jeff always came up with smth. interesting for SP and Yuzu chose smth. new for FS. But well, I can remember that I wasn't a fan of NDP and R&J2 (not that it helped biting my nails any less during comps), so at least he's recycling his best programmes :smile: 

I wish Yuzu could continue to work with Jeff:POOH:I might be biased, but Jeff produces the best for Yuzu IMO.