General Yuzuru Chat

Happy New Year to all satellites and Yuzu fans!!!:665e343793b9::grouphug: and happy new year to Yuzu, may the new year be filled with things he loves, health and happiness:YuzuPoohLove:

Hoping the earthquake didn't do major damages nor hurt anyone🙏

On one YouTube video I saw evidence of significant damage near the epicenter although it was spotty.  Sendai is quite distant since it is on the east coast and the quake was on the west coast.  I feel for the citizenry of Japan since New Years Day is the biggest holiday of the year, lasting for three days.  To use an American expression, 'this really sucks'.  For Yuzu personally, since he has become the poster boy for earthquakes in Japan, he's probably already preparing himself for some involvement.  I would not be surprised if he is flown to the area to give support to those suffering.  It would be pure Yuzu if it happens.  I think he suffers with the victims every time Japan has an earthquake, and this is the biggest since 3/11.  My prayers go for all those suffering for the quake and also for Yuzu who probably revisits his experiences of 3/11 every time there is a quake like this.  His ability to empathize is one of the major reasons I so admire him. 

8 minutes ago, micaelis said:

On one YouTube video I saw evidence of significant damage near the epicenter although it was spotty.  Sendai is quite distant since it is on the east coast and the quake was on the west coast.  I feel for the citizenry of Japan since New Years Day is the biggest holiday of the year, lasting for three days.  To use an American expression, 'this really sucks'.  For Yuzu personally, since he has become the poster boy for earthquakes in Japan, he's probably already preparing himself for some involvement.  I would not be surprised if he is flown to the area to give support to those suffering.  It would be pure Yuzu if it happens.  I think he suffers with the victims every time Japan has an earthquake, and this is the biggest since 3/11.  My prayers go for all those suffering for the quake and also for Yuzu who probably revisits his experiences of 3/11 every time there is a quake like this.  His ability to empathize is one of the major reasons I so admire him. 

Concur, it must be very traumatic for everyone in Japan and especially for those who have survived major earthquake catastrophes, like Yuzu.

The recent News Every programme highlighted the importance for disaster preparedness. Yuzu has spoken about preparing an emergency kit and supplies and in the previous programme he talked about finding out about emergency alert warnings and planning escape routes to high ground from from areas of flood or tsunami risk. These kind of messages really help to remind people about how to keep safe and they really do save lives. 

Someone on tXt has posted that the Rescue team that Yuzu visited and spent time watching their training, have been mobilsed to be part of the rescue operation

Just hoping that people will be rescued and receive emergency help. The winter weather adds its own challenges for people in emergency shelters. 

"I think it's a really difficult situation as we continue to be worried about large earthquakes, the sound of earthquake early warnings, and tsunamis. I pray that peace will come as soon as possible."

Yuzuru Hanyu

@SuzyQ and other satellites in Japan, I hope you are safe.

The biggest earthquake since 2011, that's scary. Thankfully, the tsunami warning has been downgraded to a tsunami advisory, but it looks like the next few days will be very difficult for the Japanese, not to mention about the long-term effects. :cry:

Happy New Year 2024 to all the PH fandom! Praying for everyone's health, good fortune and happiness! Hoping and praying that the damages inflicted by the earthquake are not too serious! Wishing everyone to have their efforts and work properly repaid!