General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Sorry, it was not expressed very well. Yuzu cannot be the only person who is trying to rebuild a region on his own, it is not humanly possible. If people wish to rebuild they can all participate and all take a share of the responsibility. Perhaps that makes more sense.

Yes, I get what you mean. I do think it was something Yuzu had taken on for himself because he felt that responsiblity, not that other people made him feel that way and asked him to be responsible. But, I think passing it on to spectators also makes sense as you said that way because maybe Yuzu finally felt after this long that he didn't have to be the one forcing himself to bear all that burden, everyone was right there doing their own parts too and he could let go and put less pressure on himself from now on and feel more free to live his life his own way. 

I try not to put too much faith in the goodness of famous strangers because I just don't know them personally and it can be tricky, but it is very difficult not to have the highest opinion of Yuzu given everything he's said and done through his life. I hope he keeps being happy.

I don't know how accurate this is but I just learned from a video on YouTube that the mysterious other in the Hanyu marriage is Mayu Watanabe, a former actress and singer who retired in early 2020.  From what I learned by doing further online research she is heavily into otaku culture, so she would be right at home in Akihabara in Tokyo.  I've had a feeling for some time that otaku culture is no strange land for Yuzuru Hanyu.  His headphone fascination and video gaming are straight out of the otaku playbook.  I think if Mayu is the lucky lady it's significant that she retired from the entertainment business in early 2020, so she's not giving up a career to be Yuzu's wife, although the suspicion haunts me that that might have been because she finalized her engagement with Yuzu at that time.  I don't know.  I do know, however, that the little background on her I've so far unearthed would make her an ideal mate for Yuzu.  They inhabit much the same world.  In any case I'm glad he did not marry someone else in skating.  I don't think any other skater would have made a good wife for Yuzu.  He needs someone who is not a skater to allow him to focus entirely on HIS skating.  I don't know whether this young lady is the mysterious other but if she is I think Yuzu has probably made a good choice.  That's all for now.

13 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't know how accurate this is but I just learned from a video on YouTube that the mysterious other in the Hanyu marriage is Mayu Watanabe, a former actress and singer who retired in early 2020.  From what I learned by doing further online research she is heavily into otaku culture, so she would be right at home in Akihabara in Tokyo.  I've had a feeling for some time that otaku culture is no strange land for Yuzuru Hanyu.  His headphone fascination and video gaming are straight out of the otaku playbook.  I think if Mayu is the lucky lady it's significant that she retired from the entertainment business in early 2020, so she's not giving up a career to be Yuzu's wife, although the suspicion haunts me that that might have been because she finalized her engagement with Yuzu at that time.  I don't know.  I do know, however, that the little background on her I've so far unearthed would make her an ideal mate for Yuzu.  They inhabit much the same world.  In any case I'm glad he did not marry someone else in skating.  I don't think any other skater would have made a good wife for Yuzu.  He needs someone who is not a skater to allow him to focus entirely on HIS skating.  I don't know whether this young lady is the mysterious other but if she is I think Yuzu has probably made a good choice.  That's all for now.

She has bad quite a bad reputation for sexually harassing Yuzu on her personal instagram.. most likely it is not her. Her character and personality is ... should we say not very ladylike.

10 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

She has bad quite a bad reputation for sexually harassing Yuzu on her personal instagram.. most likely it is not her. Her character and personality is ... should we say not very ladylike.

Thank you for the correction.  I was only going by what I was able to find on the net.  I do stand by my opinion that Yuzu should not marry another skater.  One skater in the family is enough, particularly when that particular skater is a living legend.

38 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Why don't we just let Yuzu himself tell us who his spouse is, if at some point he so chooses, and not spread rumors? He's always made it very clear his private life is just that, private, and that he doesn't want the media or his fans prying.

I really don't think we should be guessing who Yuzu's other half is. It's something he clearly wanted to keep private and unless he reveals it himself or if it gets leaked by overzealous paparazzi then we'll probably never know. Given that the info of their identity was not released they are not in the public eye and a private person (just who Yuzu needs imo) 

I made the mistake of glancing at TSL's latest video and the comments on that video are...stupid. They think that Yuzu made up his marriage and is using it for attention :smiley-whacky115: yikes...

6 hours ago, LAY said:

I guess we will have to be well- behaved fanyus during his forthcoming ice shows🤪

Yuzu is such a crowd teaser and when he turned sexy (his devilish smile, smirk look, exposing his abs in see through outfit etc), all fanyus gone bonkers ....things have changed now😉

Can we still drool over someone's husband? 🤪

Plenty of people drool over Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt or Jason Momoa, and have in past years over Mick Jagger or  other music stars who've been married. So why not?