General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Omg, this is such a great story!!! Thank you so much for sharing! it's always so interesting to hear about people discovering him! 

DON'T DO THIS TO ME hahaha...the first question is the easy one, although I've always liked FS but never followed the sport closely, only watched casually ladies and liked mostly Yuna and sometimes watched Lambiel. It was the day Yuzu won his second OG at PC. It was all over the news and I was so shocked, realizing I hadn't watched or followed any FS for years, and how could be that possible that the cool guy I recalled from the SP in Sochi won now again the OG?! So I went to YT to watch his SP and Free...and then watched Ballade for the first time...and my life has never been the same since that day! 

Regarding costumes...askkfjkkddfkdkdksl....why did I ask you that...hahaha...every costume has a huge meaning behind, but I still think my top 3 is:

Origin2

TenChi

Origin1

But I need to add just because the emotional attachment Etude and H&L. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

My favorite programs....even harder to say... we'd need to separate into FS, SP and EX and others ...hahaha....but here I go somehow:

Tenchi

Requiem

H&L

Etude

Seimei

Ballade

LGC

How are you coping with so information from the past years? I cannot imagine how it is, trying now to catch up with the last 12 years!:13877886:

Hahaha yeah I have sooo much catching up to do, although I enjoy every minute of it! Not only about Yuzu but just figure skating in general, I even watched a video that explains the different jumps hahahah. I have tried watching other people skating, but to be honest I only enjoy watching Yuzu. I think I really started to get his level of "geniousness" after watching other people skate haha, the vast difference. It's not that other skaters are not good, but they just don't get me invested. 

It must be nice to have been able to follow his competitive career after 2018 OG as a fan! Though the thing is, its less nerve wrecking for me to watch his programs as I usually already know what happened before watching it hahaha. When I watched GIFT live I was so nervous!! 

I started watching fs in the 1970 's.  Yup I'm that old hahaha.  I would watch it all the time and then casual and back to all the time and so on... It would depend on who I wanted to watch.  Fast forward to the 2011-2012 season.  I watched Yuzuru Hanyu skate thinking what a beautiful jump, straight body line soft landing but what caught my eye first and foremost was his performing with the music.  I have to admit that some of the music choices and the choreography didn't always flow for me and I felt this urge to get out and push at times during the program but Yuzuru still carried those programs through and he improved so much from year to year.  I remembered hearing a commentator saying once that he hasn't learned to connect with the audience yet (maybe because he was still so young) but I felt he connected just fine.  Now I will probably make some mad at me for saying this but it is Yuzuru Hanyu's personality that has held me.  He is the greatest skater but if his personality wasn't so great I would watch him skate clap and move on.  But he is a wonderful beautiful person that has caught my heart and won't let go.  I will never stop watching him skate and perform for us.  He makes me feel good, warm, happy and encourages me to always do my best.  I am not too old for improvement.  Too sappy?  Well this is how I feel.  Ever look back in history and wish you could have lived during a certain persons lifetime to experience that life firsthand in the moment?  

When I watched GIFT live I was so nervous!!

I think everyone who watched Beijing live started to feel the same nervousness of the competitions Yuzu entered the rink for warm up. I know that I felt the nervousness of the competitions every time he was about to do a quadruple even in the SharePractice, and that the final SEIMEI was really intense.

is Yuzuru Hanyu's personality that has held me.  He is the greatest skater but if his personality wasn't so great I would watch him skate clap and move on.

It's actually a very common sentiment. We've all been impressed by the skater, we all agree he's the GOAT, but we also probably all agree the man Hanyu Yuzuru is far more amazing than the skater.

On 1/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, Anni said:

The press photo exhibition will be held in Yokohama from 7th January until 16th April

Photos from Yuzu :11135030:

Here also a video

[NEWS] 

Update from the press photo exhibition.
Yuzu's photos were changed.🤗

[NEWS]

I blame YouTube for my Yuzu addiction. They kept recommending I watch some guy in a sparkly purple costume. Didn't even realize at that time he was a figure skater. But after the third or fourth time, I clicked on the link... and that was it. I watched him skate and fell in love. I'd stopped watching male figure skaters several decades previously out of boredom. Yuzu did not bore me. Not one bit! I knew instantly he was different, special, and I was right. My favorite short program: Chopin, especially CC2020. Favorite FS? Depends on my mood, but I'm partial to Origin 2.0 and Seimei. I love the version he did at GIFT, but I'll watch any of them. 

2 hours ago, kittypaws said:

it is Yuzuru Hanyu's personality that has held me

I understand you perfectly!! To me was his brain...hahaha...I'm being serious, to read his interviews and the way he reflects, sealed the deal to me. 

51 minutes ago, fenraven said:

They kept recommending I watch some guy in a sparkly purple costume.

So Origin 2. was it for you! :tumblr_m230pl4UqL1qfamg6::tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:which year was it, when you got click-baited :biggrin:

2 hours ago, kittypaws said:

He is the greatest skater but if his personality wasn't so great I would watch him skate clap and move on.  But he is a wonderful beautiful person that has caught my heart and won't let go.  I will never stop watching him skate and perform for us.  He makes me feel good, warm, happy and encourages me to always do my best.  I am not too old for improvement.  Too sappy?  Well this is how I feel.  Ever look back in history and wish you could have lived during a certain persons lifetime to experience that life firsthand in the moment?  

Couldn't have said it better myself! Never would I have thought a figure skater from Japan (when I have never taken any interest in the figure skating sport nor did I have any understanding of it) would give me strength and motivation in 2023 hahah. I really hope I get to see him skate in person one day... 

I'm older than him, was never into figure skating, wasn't even my type, but yes his galaxy brain won over me too. Plus the bit about his connection to 3.11 also made me support him even more. 

I've been a casual fan of some artistes/athletes in the past but this is the first time I'm actually this invested in a fandom. I've never spent on goods/merch before or cried over not getting tickets. Help.

47 minutes ago, 102090 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Never would I have thought a figure skater from Japan (when I have never taken any interest in the figure skating sport nor did I have any understanding of it) would give me strength and motivation in 2023 hahah. I really hope I get to see him skate in person one day... 

I totally feel you. Watching him live is def on my bucket list. Hoping for world tour

2 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

So Origin 2. was it for you! :tumblr_m230pl4UqL1qfamg6::tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:which year was it, when you got click-baited :biggrin:

Last year, right after Beijing (which I hadn't watched because I'd fallen out of the habit of viewing the Olympics!). It's the best, most rewarding click-bait I ever followed down a rabbit hole. :) Finding out he was brilliant and a sweetheart of a human being sealed the deal. 

2 hours ago, 102090 said:

Isn't it amazing how much energy and strength Yuzu's skating can give to others?! I always say his skating is healing...he's  truly the Light.  

2 hours ago, yywings said:

I'm older than him, was never into figure skating, wasn't even my type, but yes his galaxy brain won over me too. Plus the bit about his connection to 3.11 also made me support him even more. 

I've been a casual fan of some artistes/athletes in the past but this is the first time I'm actually this invested in a fandom. I've never spent on goods/merch before or cried over not getting tickets. Help.

I've never been a fan of anyone before, didn't even understand how a person could be that invested in other persons...5 years later after discovering Yuzu...yeah...what can I tell you...we are truly blessed to have this "source" of energy, feelings and joy. Even if sometimes it's so hard that Japan is so far away and the system so complicated...:59227c768286a__s:

1 hour ago, Hehehe said:

I totally feel you. Watching him live is def on my bucket list. Hoping for world tour

Yes a World tour please...:smiley-angelic001:, whenever he's ready for it!

46 minutes ago, fenraven said:

Last year, right after Beijing (which I hadn't watched because I'd fallen out of the habit of viewing the Olympics!). It's the best, most rewarding click-bait I ever followed down a rabbit hole. :) Finding out he was brilliant and a sweetheart of a human being sealed the deal. 

:knc_brian1: good job Origin2 and YT. I'm happy to have you here, I'm always wondering how would Yuzu look captured by your lens...your pictures are so beautiful and many of them give me a moment to breath, to feel the nature and also to feel serenity...thank you for that. 

50 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Isn't it amazing how much energy and strength Yuzu's skating can give to others?! I always say his skating is healing...he's  truly the Light.  

He is that! 

50 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:knc_brian1: good job Origin2 and YT. I'm happy to have you here, I'm always wondering how would Yuzu look captured by your lens...your pictures are so beautiful and many of them give me a moment to breath, to feel the nature and also to feel serenity...thank you for that. 

Thanks! There's nothing a photographer likes to hear more than that their pictures make others feel something good. P.S. I would give anything to be able to photograph Yuzu. Nothing would make me happier. 

3 hours ago, yywings said:

this is the first time I'm actually this invested in a fandom

43 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I've never been a fan of anyone before, didn't even understand how a person could be that invested in other persons...

In my case it is exactly the same. I had my favorites, of course, but they aroused my emotions only during competitions - in between I didn't bother with them.