General Yuzuru Chat

50 minutes ago, Kat said:

We had a topic on favorite seasons...but after my back and forth on Origin costuming, I'm curious. What is your favorite Yuzuru costume?

Origin 2.0. Pictures didn’t do it justice. It’s a dark, inky purple with an incredible amount of detail and sparkle. It’s very form-fitting and a little see-through.

It’s stunning in person.

11 minutes ago, river said:

Origin 2.0. Pictures didn’t do it justice. It’s a dark, inky purple with an incredible amount of detail and sparkle. It’s very form-fitting and a little see-through.

It’s stunning in person.

You saw it in person?! 😲. Did you win the lottery?

1 minute ago, river said:

ACI and SCI. Thanks to some quick maneuvering by other satellites, we had really good seats at ACI. Unfortunately my phone at the time had a potato-quality camera.

@desteva It’s a 4A.

Lucky! Or rather, tenacious-because I'm sure you had to finagle your schedule around...ACI seems like the more "affordable" of the competitions and being in Canada while im in Michigan...seems logistically the most likely...except for covid. Covid. And covid. Oh, and being a financial and logistical nervous nelly. I really want to see him live at least once:embSwan:

3 minutes ago, Kat said:

Lucky! Or rather, tenacious-because I'm sure you had to finagle your schedule around...ACI seems like the more "affordable" of the competitions and being in Canada while im in Michigan...seems logistically the most likely...except for covid. Covid. And covid. Oh, and being a financial and logistical nervous nelly. I really want to see him live at least once:embSwan:

Purple Origin is gorgeous - and I hope you get to see him live at least once just to see that he is real.  And fast.

And my favorite costume isn't a costume at all, but his black practice gear.  Nothing to distract the eye - just pure Yuzu.

5 minutes ago, liv said:

When was that 4a done? I don't think I've ever seen that footage... and that's proof it canbe done. More attempts in the harness leads to better attempts solo...

That was TCC rink so it should be a couple of years back. 

The footage was released just some hours ago tho.

But yes, it can be done and when done right and landed, it is a sight to behold. 

4 minutes ago, barbara said:

Purple Origin is gorgeous - and I hope you get to see him live at least once just to see that he is real.  And fast.

And my favorite costume isn't a costume at all, but his black practice gear.  Nothing to distract the eye - just pure Yuzu.

I think the shot is missed. He is a hermit and undecided on the upcoming season...but I'm not unique in that. Oh well.

Back to fun-I can totally see where you're coming from on his practice outfits 

9 minutes ago, Melodie said:

That was TCC rink so it should be a couple of years back. 

The footage was released just some hours ago tho.

But yes, it can be done and when done right and landed, it is a sight to behold. 

Yes, I see it's tcc... i wondered since it said 'throwback' that I'd missed this release from years ago.

I wish they'd posted that awhile back... so the naysayers could understand why his dream was based in reality  and not some crazy idea. I remember it was said he'd landed it in harness and required virtually no assist from the man with harness, so it's nice to see evidence of it. You can see it's clearly around... so beautiful. Hope yuzu willbe happy it's out there now for all to see... darn ankle injury... again. 

10 minutes ago, liv said:

Yes, I see it's tcc... i wondered since it said 'throwback' that I'd missed this release from years ago.

I wish they'd posted that awhile back... so the naysayers could understand why his dream was based in reality  and not some crazy idea. I remember it was said he'd landed it in harness and required virtually no assist from the man with harness, so it's nice to see evidence of it. You can see it's clearly around... so beautiful. Hope yuzu willbe happy it's out there now for all to see... darn ankle injury... again. 

Posting it as it happens would probably shut the naysayers but Yuzu is not one of those kids constantly posting on social media about whatever that they do, isn't he? 

Now, for this footage, I don't think it's a coincidence that we get to see it after he has done a 4A that is to his satisfaction at some level.  

The point really is he can definitely get it fully rotated and nicely landed so sasuga, Yuzu :) 

3 hours ago, Kat said:

We had a topic on favorite seasons...but after my back and forth on Origin costuming, I'm curious. What is your favorite Yuzuru costume?

Origin 1.0 and 2.0 as per I said before lol. What I really like about the costumes were that they’re perfectly proportionate to his body. By that I mean most of his costumes made him look like he has a short torso and long legs, and that’s not a cute look in my opinion. It’s a very tricky length, the top. Make it short he’ll looks like he has a short torso, make it too long it’ll drape over the booty and not look natural - it emphasises the booty and not in a good way.

However I fully understand the colour also affect the illusion of the costume. The dark colours integrate beautifully with this pants, had it been other colours it might not have work. The exception to this is the Chopin costume, which I also like. I also like his Seimei & Tenchi costumes. I think those types of costumes are proportionately better and more flattering on him. He looks like a tall glass of water in them, as showcased by the new LMEY costume. 

As you can see I’m not a fan of the drapery, cabbagy, sea weedy or jelly fish costumes. And obviously not team trash bag pants. Why didn’t he use leather pants mystifies me, other skaters wear them just fine. Maybe it’s not comfortable for him? 

Special shout out to purple LGC because I can finally see every little detail of his costume. I can see clearly the construction, how it’s sewn, whether it’s a two piece or not, all the details I’ve missed previously. For example now I know Yuzuru uses boot cover in addition to the strap underneath to boot to make the illusion of a cohesive costume. The level of details he put in his costume is incredible. I honestly didn’t know before this, I thought he just put on a black boot and black pants and called it a day.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

I have a few favorites for different reasons:

black UA: in agreement with Barbara, favorite costume for appreciating his lines

Origin 1.0: favorite costume as a work of art

Olympic Seimei: favorite costume in the theatrical sense of the word, as clothing that reflects a character or persona being played (Etude in second place for this)

Chopin: favorite costume for enhancing the motions and feeling of a program through its movement (HYK a close second to this, possibly second only because I've never seen it in person)