General Yuzuru Chat

Lord Kenshin was around 27 when he fought Takeda Shingen at the famous Battle of Kawanakajima (close to Nagano city).  He fought to protect his people from the invaders and continued to fight for justice.

The OP asks: “What is ‘justice’ for Yuzuru Hanyu, who sees himself reflected in Kenshin’s way of life and slides (skates) between heaven and earth? Can his righteousness win at the Beijing Olympics? His victory or defeat may very well  determine the future fate of the figure skating world ...”

2 時間前, tsubasanoyumeさんが言いました:

I'm alive after this ocean of information from JNats. I don't know how... So because of my tiredness I fell on my new year's performance on ice. My first fail, it's better than if it was in competition.

And I fell in love with new SP. :8788161: I don't know how many times I've already watched it. But I think a billions. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

So! After a ton of translation Hanyu words last two weeks I'm afraid I will speak in japanese like him. :headdesk: 

I'm late a little, but... HAPPY NEW 2022 YEAR! Wish all of you will have a lot of happiness and wealth in this year. And all Hanyu's dreams will come true. :snonegai:

Yeah, we are screaming with joy in the storm of his words!

And he is so bright. The questions from media don't change so much. What they want to ask is mostly the same.  But he changes his answers, vocabularies a bit per interview.

So we can enjoy more of his words. He is the best interviewee. He can response more than required.

Guest turquoiseblue

[NEWS]
A congratulatory message from Tohoku High School:

羽生結弦選手 全日本フィギュア優勝!北京オリンピック代表決定!おめでとうございます‼

DeepL translation

Yuzuru Hanyu wins All Japan Figure Skating Championships! He will represent Japan at the Beijing Olympics! Congratulations!!
27 December 2021

Yuzuru Hanyu, one of our graduates (graduated in 2012), competed in the All-Japan Figure Skating Championships, and scored 111.31 points in the Short Program (SP) on the 24th, the highest score in the world this season. He also scored 211.05 points in the free skating (FS) on the 26th to win for the sixth time with a total of 322.36 points.

In the FS, to the music of "Ten to Chi to", he attempted the most difficult jump of all time, the quadruple axel (four and a half rotations), and succeeded in landing it with both feet. It was a powerful first step towards to become the first skater to land it and to win a third consecutive victory at the Beijing Olympics in February next year. The rest of the jumps were perfect, the steps and spins were like works of art, and the performance was mesmerising. We are sure that many people have been inspired by his courage to keep challenging himself, despite the many obstacles and pressures he has faced.

In an interview, when asked about being selected as a representative for the Beijing Olympics, he said "Oh, I see! I'm going to keep working hard." We felt that Hanyu is more focused on the perfection of his program and his mission as an absolute champion than on winning or losing the competition.

All of us at Tohoku High School, including students, graduates and staff, are rooting for Hanyu's success in the Beijing Olympics!

They embedded the videos of Yuzu's SP, FS and interview below the text :201111231756430f6:

8 hours ago, Anni said:

Thank you for the listing the  schedule.

This is my first Winter Olympics as Fanyu. :yes: Honestly I'm very excited.:drama: But together with all of you I will hopefully get "through" this well.:smiley-angelic001:

The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics will be the third Olympics in which I will see Yuzu competing, but I was not a Fanyu when I first saw him. I was just channel surfing when I just happened upon the men’s figure skating short program. I was not a figure skating fan, but I was immediately taken by Yuzu’s Parisienne Walkways. I’d never seen figure skating like that before and that was the beginning of my fall into the Yuzu rabbit hole.

After that, I became totally invested in Yuzu and shared his joys, disappointments, frustrations and angst with other Fanyus. After his nearly career-ending injury during practice at 2017 NHK Trophy, we did not know what to think, especially since Nathan Chen was being pushed as the gold medal favourite. As we now know, Yuzu amazed everyone by his grand entrance at the airport for the PyeongChang Olympics. Practicing triples for only three weeks and quads for only two weeks, he was able to win his second consecutive Olympic Gold Medal victory with only two types of quads. After his PyeongChang victory, Yuzu started to practice in earnest to realize his quad Axel dream.

At the 2019 Skate Canada International, amongst other gifts, my wife and I gave Yuzu two pairs of athletic shoes made by the Swedish company “Axel Arigato”. One was a black pair with a white bird similar to this one:

https://axelarigato.com/ca/men/shoes/clean-90-taped-bird-28484

The other pair was similar to the “Marathon Runner” model being sold now:

https://axelarigato.com/ca/men/shoes/marathon-runner

I and others from this forum have already said that 2022 promises to be an auspicious and golden year for Yuzu for a variety of reasons including being The Year of the Tiger and the connection with Uesugi Kenshin.

I am also hoping that the “Axel Arigato” athletic shoes will also bode well for Yuzu at the Beijing Olympics. This is the link to the Axel Arigato “Our Story” website:

https://axelarigato.com/ca/our-story

Is it just a fortuitous coincidence that Axel Arigato was launched in 2014? "The goal is to create a brand that brings people together, through the power of positivity, community and memorable experiences." This sounds very Yuzu-like.

"The brand believes in the Swedish/Japanese philosophy behind minimalism and this is the main source of inspiration for the brand. The word Arigato or Thank You in Japanese, originally and literally means "difficult to exist". It was used to express that something was valuable and not easily found."

This in juxtaposition with "Axel" sounds extremely promising and cannot be a coincidence.

Furthermore, why did they use the word "Axel" instead of "Axle"? As we know, the Axel jump was invented by Norwegian skater Axel Paulson. Did the Swedish natives Max Svardh and Albin Johansson who started "Axel Arigato" have the jump in mind or was it just a spelling error? "Axel", aside from being a European name, only has one definition in the dictionary: "A type of jump in figure skating with a forward takeoff from the forward outside edge of one skate to the backward outside edge of the other..."

I am hoping that Yuzu and all Fanyus will be able to say "Axel Arigato" at the end of Yuzu's immaculate free skate performance of "Heaven and Earth" and hat trick Gold Medal victory at the 2022 Beijing Olympics.