General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/161841910914/yuzuru-on-kenjis-room-episode-1-translation

Kenji's Room Ep 1 translation because apparently I work really fast when procrastinating. I've been giggling at their talk about Machida and the Brian curse for hours.  

I commend you for putting this up quickly! Especially since it has been said by several people that have translated Yuzu stuff that he speaks really fast and mumbles sometimes. Even japanese people have compared his speech to "machine gun talk". Poor Keiji seems to always be the victim of this. :rofl:

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I commend you for putting this up quickly! Especially since it has been said by several people that have translated Yuzu stuff that he speaks really fast and mumbles sometimes. Even japanese people have compared his speech to "machine gun talk". Poor Keiji seems to always be the victim of this. :rofl:

Thank you! He speaks so fast and rarely ever hesitates or stumbles on his words. It's hell when you're translating by ear, though the lisp he had from when he was younger has mostly gone - I had to replay a whole bunch of lines to try and puzzle out the words because they run into each other (you can definitely see Kenji just give up at times and take a minute to sigh loudly and process what he said hahaha yuzu is the definition of 'high energy'). 

It makes his English speaking voice so hilarious to me because it's so much higher and slower and tends to get mistaken for innocence/cuteness. Like. No. The kid's smart AF and thinks even faster, he's just struggling to translate the billions of thoughts running through his head :laughing:

28 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Thank you! He speaks so fast and rarely ever hesitates or stumbles on his words. It's hell when you're translating by ear, though the lisp he had from when he was younger has mostly gone - I had to replay a whole bunch of lines to try and puzzle out the words because they run into each other (you can definitely see Kenji just give up at times and take a minute to sigh loudly and process what he said hahaha yuzu is the definition of 'high energy'). 

It makes his English speaking voice so hilarious to me because it's so much higher and slower and tends to get mistaken for innocence/cuteness. Like. No. The kid's smart AF and thinks even faster, he's just struggling to translate the billions of thoughts running through his head :laughing:

Poor Tatsuki Machida gets trolled by a lot by Yuzu though: "This guy seems like a serious person but spend 10 minutes with him and he becomes a nuisance

From this interview.:winky:

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Poor Tatsuki Machida gets trolled by a lot by Yuzu though: "This guy seems like a serious person but spend 10 minutes with him and he becomes a nuisance

From this interview.:winky:

lmao I feel like I've only just gotten into widely known fanlore around Team JP before the mass r****ments in 2014 but I've seen this interview too ( : Apparently Tatsuki is one of the few senpais (other than Plushenko) who triggered Yuzu's 'senpai notice me!' levels of respect (I browsed the Machida tag trying to find a clip where he introduces his 'Timshel' theme and the rest of Team Japan are like ????! ? but then I ended up reading tags of well-known figure skating blogs about their dynamic lol). But Yuzu being Yuzu will just act like an overexcited puppy about it and Tatsuki was like the straight-laced ~serious philosopher on ice~ so I'm sure he got trolled a lot. Older skating fans can correct me haha...this is just what I gleaned from some browsing

Cute new theme on the dropdown menu! ^ ^ I agree with whoever said it though, that I prefer 'nyanyu' over 'hanyan' as I always imagine China's Yan first :PPoor guy, I hope his Olympic season goes better than this one. For all other skaters as well.

44 minutes ago, kaerb said:

lmao I feel like I've only just gotten into widely known fanlore around Team JP before the mass r****ments in 2014 but I've seen this interview too ( : Apparently Tatsuki is one of the few senpais (other than Plushenko) who triggered Yuzu's 'senpai notice me!' levels of respect (I browsed the Machida tag trying to find a clip where he introduces his 'Timshel' theme and the rest of Team Japan are like ????! ? but then I ended up reading tags of well-known figure skating blogs about their dynamic lol). But Yuzu being Yuzu will just act like an overexcited puppy about it and Tatsuki was like the straight-laced ~serious philosopher on ice~ so I'm sure he got trolled a lot. Older skating fans can correct me haha...this is just what I gleaned from some browsing

I think it's a combination of admiration (not Plushy levels though... haha) and being pretty happy that he finally had someone from Team Japan that he can compete against and with that he's close to. You can see it with Shoma (and with Keiji and Ryuju at NHK '16 or with Nobu at SC and GPF 2013) that he really likes competing together with TJ members. He advanced too quickly from novice to junior to senior and didn't really fit in.

Zuzu's also a bit of a troll (tsundere?) to people he likes because I'm pretty sure he's one of the few (if not only) member of TJ that actually understands Machida's statements (he was able to describe timshel "like the brackish water at the estuary")

The people who're probably used to this Yuzu is Keiji and Ryuju. Or it could be that they're both just really patient people. :rofl:

Excerpt from an Interview after NHK Trophy 2016. Translated here.

Nobu: What do you think about each other’s personality? Keiji, what do you think about Yuzu?
Keiji: Sometimes he suddenly becomes high. (Yuzu laughing)
Nobu: Can you tell us more about that?
Keiji: There’s too much to talk about. (laughs)
Nobu: Any episode? Like when he sees tasty snacks?
Keiji: No, it’s more like I can’t keep up to his mood. He’s too like happy and high sometimes. (Yuzu nodding)
Nobu: Yuzu, do you know what he’s talking about?
Yuzu: Yes I think I know what he’s talking about.
Nobu: What about you Yuzu, what do you think of Keiji?
Yuzu: He’s like patient. Sometimes I start talking too much about something but he will still be there listening and nodding. He accepts whatever I say. (laughs)

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/161841910914/yuzuru-on-kenjis-room-episode-1-translation

Kenji's Room Ep 1 translation because apparently I work really fast when procrastinating. I've been giggling at their talk about Machida and the Brian curse for hours.  

Thank you so much! It was very entertaining to read the translations, and I like how you translate the 'feeling' of what they said, together with the actual meaning of it, despite you saying that your Japanese isn't at its best. Thank you again! :goe:

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

That lisp. Makes me wanna squeeze him tight in my arms and never let go. So darn cute :smiley-love017:

Nobu: What do you think about each other’s personality? Keiji, what do you think about Yuzu?
Keiji: Sometimes he suddenly becomes high. (Yuzu laughing)
Nobu: Can you tell us more about that?
Keiji: There’s too much to talk about. (laughs)
Nobu: Any episode? Like when he sees tasty snacks?
Keiji: No, it’s more like I can’t keep up to his mood. He’s too like happy and high sometimes. (Yuzu nodding)
Nobu: Yuzu, do you know what he’s talking about?
Yuzu: Yes I think I know what he’s talking about.
Nobu: What about you Yuzu, what do you think of Keiji?
Yuzu: He’s like patient. Sometimes I start talking too much about something but he will still be there listening and nodding. He accepts whatever I say. (laughs)

I feel like I understand Zuzu on a deep personal level here 

I bet he's the kind of person who gets told:

'wow, you are speaking so loud and fast'

'I am? Are you serious?'

'yes, you became all hype all of a sudden for no reason'

'ah, sorry sorry' *is not sorry* 

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I feel like I understand Zuzu on a deep personal level here 

I bet he's the kind of person who gets told:

'wow, you are speaking so loud and fast'

'I am? Are you serious?'

'yes, you became all hype all of a sudden for no reason'

'ah, sorry sorry' *is not sorry* 

Ryuju basically said the same thing in an interview. :rofl:

"He's the type who says 'I'll be waiting for you.' ... and at the same time goes right ahead (running off)" :space:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Zuzu's also a bit of a troll (tsundere?) to people he likes because I'm pretty sure he's one of the few (if not only) member of TJ that actually understands Machida's statements (he was able to describe timshel "like the brackish water at the estuary")

The people who're probably used to this Yuzu is Keiji and Ryuju. Or it could be that they're both just really patient people. :rofl:

Excerpt from an Interview after NHK Trophy 2016. Translated here.

hahaha I know, he was like 'IT KIND OF MAKES SENSE' whereas Kenji was completely like ??___?? Well, I'd say Yuzu and Machida are both among the most book smart of TJ in the recent years so maybe they bond over that a little? 

lol yes, I love the dynamic between Yuzu, Keiji and Ryuju in that it's mostly Yuzu charging ahead and being Extra AF and the other two good-naturedly doing their best to keep up, with the competence of old friends who know he's always been like this. I'm happy he has Shoma to play around with nowadays at competitions too; Yuzu was always kind of in an awkward age gap.

41 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Thank you so much! It was very entertaining to read the translations, and I like how you translate the 'feeling' of what they said, together with the actual meaning of it, despite you saying that your Japanese isn't at its best. Thank you again! :goe:

Ah thank you for your high praise! My Japanese is really rusty (I haven't been able to formally study it for about 5yrs) so I can only really summarise the general 'gist' of what they said (not so much aiming for technical accuracy). Following Yuzu and Team Japan is helping to keep it somewhat alive :10636614:

(and yes, I love his lisp it's so cute)