General Yuzuru Chat

quick comment on Yuzuru using seimei as his free for olympics. Best decission ever!!!!!. My sister and my father both commented how the fact that he used music from his country and part of his culture was an amazing choice. My father said after his two cuadruples how different he was from the rest because of his aura and confidence, the way he totally owns the ice, he noticed this right away.  My sister is totally in love with the program, she says she loves the hydroblading and how free he looked after doing all the jumps, she has already watched a few times and keeps watching it almost a month after. Even if they don't know much about skating they could still see how special the program and performance was, and the special way Yuzuru carries himself on the ice, like a total emperor!.

12 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Let's send him this

2f190f3b3f9c732b3793062ed66a948b.jpg

How about we make some MAD with some recent pop music like EDM?? And upload on Youtube in HD so more people can know about yuzuru?

I always think MADs are like the best fan projects, and yuzu has stated in interviews that he too watches them. Yuzu is on youtube personally (yyskater) so the best way to thank him would be via fan videos in high quality.

22 hours ago, Xen said:

Has it ever bode well for Brian's hair? At this point, Brian's hair have resigned to reality.

Yuzu and the concept of "chill"- much as I wish, I think his concept of Chill is just too different from ours. We think Chilling means getting out of bed at noon, laying around on a beach for a vacation, I think his idea of chill probably involves doing those 4-4-3 or whatever crazy combos he does at gala practices. Very chill....

As for the new rules, I think he'll be fine. I think someone, fireovertheice, had a post where she listed the time spent by the men in various elements. Yuzu spends very little time on his jumps and his jumps setups, just does one after the other in rapid succession. This is due to his great SS in general, since he needs little time to gain speed-that built over the course of a program means a great deal of time can be saved. The time reduction I thought will mostly affect his choregraphic sequence, so I fear either the bauer or hydroblade will go. Which I will cry over if it happens. As for jumps, with the new GOEs range, while not knowing how they will tie into the TES. Will it be a BV% factorization, or a pure +5 GOE? If the latter, then a +5 3A can equal a +3 4T when done with latter half bonus. Even so, the 3A takes on perhaps more significance. All the men need to up their 3A game.

is it legit official they are reducing the time limit??? That means I cnt see Bauer and Hydroblade which are his trademarks!!!!!!! Im so angry :headdesk2:

14 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

is it legit official they are reducing the time limit??? That means I cnt see Bauer and Hydroblade which are his trademarks!!!!!!! Im so angry :headdesk2:

I think Yuzu will still try to find a way to include his layback IB and hydroblade when the music calls for a real ~moment~ but they would just be counted as transitions, which....could bump his TR score up above 9.5???

22 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

a) think the time reduction and the GOE range change are confirmed. But the cut Bauer and Hydroblade are just my personal guesses- jjust one, not both, due to the time spent in Choreo Sequence.

b) But like @CupidsBow stated, Yuzu will probably find a way to put them in. And if as TR, I would like to recommend a 10 for it. =)

We can also look at it in a different way: shorter programs should mean less stamina needed, so Yuzu won't need to work throughout the season on his stamina as much and will be able to either focus on other things, or do great programs from the get go. Though if he does 4A, I guess his stamina will still be challenged, just in different ways lol. Also, since the time limit is joined by the decrease in jumping passes, I'm not sure that will affect the choreo sequence that much. (It might be harder for other skaters, who spend a lot more time on their jumps, due to long preparations.) But we'll see...

Just now, meoima said:

Hello, do we know where NHK next season will be yet? 

Thanks.

Hiroshima. They announced it at the end of the gala at NHK last year.

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

We can also look at it in a different way: shorter programs should mean less stamina needed, so Yuzu won't need to work throughout the season on his stamina as much and will be able to either focus on other things, or do great programs from the get go. Though if he does 4A, I guess his stamina will still be challenged, just in different ways lol. Also, since the time limit is joined by the decrease in jumping passes, I'm not sure that will affect the choreo sequence that much. (It might be harder for other skaters, who spend a lot more time on their jumps, due to long preparations.) But we'll see...

Hiroshima. They announced it at the end of the gala at NHK last year.

I think Brian's complaint was that the 4 minutes is more draining on stamina than the 4 min 30 seconds version, especially since they are eliminating 1 jumping pass; skaters just have to execute more jam packed programs well. In Yuzu's case, the fact his jumps are already somewhat tightly packed makes it possibly easier to adapt, not the case for many other men who have longer setups and worse landings.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think Brian's complaint was that the 4 minutes is more draining on stamina than the 4 min 30 seconds version, especially since they are eliminating 1 jumping pass; skaters just have to execute more jam packed programs well. In Yuzu's case, the fact his jumps are already somewhat tightly packed makes it possibly easier to adapt, not the case for many other men who have longer setups and worse landings.

But we are not sure they will cut down 30s. It is still up to debate.

1 minute ago, meoima said:

But we are not sure they will cut down 30s. It is still up to debate.

I thought it was going to be cut down? Wasn't there a show where Japan's own judge said explained about how Yuzu's 4S could have gotten a +5 GOE under the new system, and then went into details about why other feds supported the time change? So it was more in line with other events?

Well I'm all for keeping that extra 30s for all the pretty choreo sequences.