General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, meoima said:

When ISU learns to use several seconds of Yuzuru as the clickbait when they want to promote their video: 

Gawd, Yuzu is so beautiful in the thumbnail and I was salty to not see him until the second half of the video and yes I was counting his number of clips in comparison to others. Swan Yuzu was not in the clip at all so someone in ISU went and got a special Yuzu picture for the thumbnail for clickbait indeed. :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Edit: (Also they photoshopped it for the background so some extra special work for the Yuzu picture, yeap.) It's a very nice video though. But they should employ the Japanese person who makes and edits the openings/endings of their fluff pieces. Those will always be beautiful and iconic.

22 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:sadPooh:I'm finally home and post-ACI depression is starting to hit me. I thought it had passed but I was wrong. So wrong :sadPooh:

Too much info about ACI, now I Miss him..Really. how do I survive when he r****?

5 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Gawd, Yuzu is so beautiful in the thumbnail and I was salty to not see him until the second half of the video and yes I was counting his number of clips in comparison to others. Swan Yuzu was not in the clip at all so someone in ISU went and got a special Yuzu picture for the thumbnail for clickbait indeed. :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

I don't know why the order and the content of the clips indeed tell that zhenya and Javi are their favorites...:(

20 minutes ago, micaelis said:

The 4A is skating's Mount Everest and whoever lands it is skating's Edmund Hillary.  I can't remember where I read it or saw it, but some time ago there was a conversation amongst several skating commentators and other 'experts' and the discussion was the 4A.  When the question was asked who would be the first to successfully do it, all there said 'Yuzuru Hanyu'.  One can believe it.  After all it's Yuzu who has pushed the boundaries of this sport more than any skater in recent memory.  I remember the CBC commentary at the FS of the 2014 GPF when Carol Lane said - There are good skaters and there are great skaters and then there is Yuzuru Hanyu.  The others chuckled but none of them disputed the observation.  Kurt Browning at one point said he was so glad Yuzu hadn't retired after his gold at Sochi, because he was bringing so much more to the sport since then.  Will Yuzu be the first person to achieve a 4A?  Time will tell.  I will offer this, however.  Yuzu could be the the Nadia Comenic (the first to get a perfect 10 in gymnastics) of figure skating and be the first to achieve a PCS of 100.  I don't think any other skater could even be realistically dreaming of that.  If Yuzu does that, even more than a 4A, that would cement his reputation as the Greatest of All Time.  Think about the PCS.  He's already topped 99.  100 might seem a big jump but as far as I know, Patrick is the only other skater to top 99.  When combining Yuzu's PCS with the records he holds for Short Program, Free Skate and Combined Total, a 100 PCS would make his position unassailable.

100 does not sound possible...Judges won't give up their politicking....

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

[plastic is too generous. Let's make them from an old cardboard piece found by the side of a dumpster]

Ah, ah, ah! We employ that old PR trick of appearing more generous than them and thus shaming them for their actions! And it'll only cost us a few pennies! We can use the dumpster cardboard on the inside...

3 hours ago, xeyra said:

Yuzu won't be doing any 4As this season. Especially when it's only at 30% success rate and he's not going to be training it during the season if he wants to be healthy for Olympics; and without training, he's not gonna do it at Worlds. :P

Unless it's during the gala....

well, how much more trouble can it give him in the gala than the 3A did in Helsinki? :rofl2: