General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

Didn't realize this might be a olys propaganda machine!!!

GOE video is not enough..we need to start transition, entry and landing steps video NOW:hachimaki:

Boyang is the top picture so.

Ahem, evil fanyus should make those videos. Fans creating hype for their skaters though, wow. :laughing: Well, I say if the feds are incompetent, throwing shade and hype, or fighting amongst themselves, why not?

Spoiler

To be real though, I just hope that any propaganda from the media and the criticism from fans that come out this season doesn't get real bad. The ugliness I've seen in some other sports during the Olys is already so sad. Figure skating fandoms during the regular season seems to be bad enough. My pessimism and cynicism doesn't help.

Good thing is Dick Button created that professional championship...Bad is ISU started controlling it since 1998...

wait there is IPSU instead of ISU..too complicated...don't want to read any more but I have a feeling that it is dead and maybe Yuzu will make it alive again (like Dick Button):embSwan:

5 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Boyang is the top picture so.

Ahem, evil fanyus should make those videos. Fans creating hype for their skaters though, wow. :laughing: Well, I say if the feds are incompetent, throwing shade and hype, or fighting amongst themselves, why not?

Hide contents

To be real though, I just hope that any propaganda from the media and the criticism from fans that come out this season doesn't get real bad. The ugliness I've seen in some other sports during the Olys is already so sad. Figure skating fandoms during the regular season seems to be bad enough. My pessimism and cynicism doesn't help.

I don't think they are evil. Also I was not talking about comparison video, I am talking about technique appreciation video. I don't want to see other's face/feet in the video, only Yuzu, I will replay it from morning to night:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

They chose someone who has not many powerful fans to be able to attack them...

58 minutes ago, SSS said:

I don't think they are evil. Also I was not talking about comparison video, I am talking about technique appreciation video. I don't want to see other's face/feet in the video, only Yuzu, I will replay it from morning to night:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

They chose someone who has not many powerful fans to be able to attack them...

Ah, I was just throwing the "evil" word in there sarcastically for my sad amusement because of fanyus' sad reputation. I'm sure a great many of us are cool people. ;3

And of course the hype vids should be of the king zuzu only - its up to the preferences of the vid creator, in this case that would be fanyus yep.

That other media stuff, well. I'll pray.

26 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Ah, I was just throwing the "evil" word in there sarcastically for my sad amusement because of fanyus' sad reputation. I'm sure a great many of us are cool people. ;3

And of course the hype vids should be of the king zuzu only - its up to the preferences of the vid creator, in this case that would be fanyus yep.

That other media stuff, well. I'll pray.

You are looking from their side, their reputation is probably sad here:POOH:

I was so depressed and frustrated at the audacity and stupidity of ISU I want to scream.  How can the most difficult and still elusive 4A only 1 point difference from the next lower 4Lzt?  Also in what alternate universe that person lives and says this " I haven't seen anyone with intricate steps or connections into a quad," she said. I wonder what goes through Yuzu's mind reading these proposed rules

4 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

I was so depressed and frustrated at the audacity and stupidity of ISU I want to scream.  How can the most difficult and still elusive 4A only 1 point difference from the next lower 4Lzt?  Also in what alternate universe that person lives and says this " I haven't seen anyone with intricate steps or connections into a quad," she said. I wonder what goes through Yuzu's mind reading these proposed rules

No worries, B Orser's quotes alr take the cake for snark.

You can tell Brian doesnt really approve but he's trying to be diplomatic cos he can't afford to offend US fed and ISU too much--he's doing this for Yuzu and Javi (and Junhwan too).

1 hour ago, the50person said:

lbr when was icenetwork NOT a propaganda machine for us fed

...does that mean in China if we publish similar news we can staple an image of Nathan to the front? Low is low....

And gotta love Brian's snark. "Yes ISU, I get where you are going with this, thank you for making sure after my complete package skaters we won't get another couple of them in a long time..."

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

...does that mean in China if we publish similar news we can staple an image of Nathan to the front? 

Low is low....and gotta love Brian's snark. "Yes ISU, I get where you are going with this, thank you for making sure after my complete package skaters we won't get another couple of them in a long time..."

They're very funny to attack Boyang and ignore the fact it's their own balletic skater who should be the example. sigh... what saddens me most is that FS world is so small and no one dare speak up the truth. 

Can I say how ironic I find that they always seem to forget about Boyang when talking about the future and making predictions but they still choose his pictures to illustrate this kind of thing?

Because it is. Very ironic.

(yep, this user's salinity levels are now over 9000)

Well today Mt Irene exploded courtesy of the ISU. You know, we always joke that after Yuzu leaves, there will be no other skater like him...I feel like after Yuzu leaves and these rules really do go into effect, there will be no more figure skating left. Like the 2022 Beijing generation will be the last real generation....

8 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Can I say how ironic I find that they always seem to forget about Boyang when talking about the future and making predictions but they still choose his pictures to illustrate this kind of thing?

Because it is. Very ironic.

(yep, this user's salinity levels are now over 9000)

Not surprised- Boyang is the biggest threat in the next quad cycle against Nate (should he stay) and Vincent Zhou. Start throwing shade early....

4 hours ago, ruruzest said:

I wonder if the time for us to see angry Yuzuru firmly stating his opinion on skating is about to come... but something tells me he would just repeat himself. He's already stated, clear as sunlight, what his idea of figure skating is. And now ISU is replying "okay, but the athletes that WE want CAN'T do that, so... u know... who cares"

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I wonder if the time for us to see angry Yuzuru firmly stating his opinion on skating is about to come... but something tells me he would just repeat himself. He's already stated, clear as sunlight, what his idea of figure skating is. And now ISU is replying "okay, but the athletes that WE want CAN'T do that, so... u know... who cares"

No no, see what Angry Yuzu might do is take over and become the ISU president....and the problem is that what the ISU is doing is saying none of the current skaters are what they want.  Not Yuzu, not Javi, not Patrick, not Boyang, not Nathan and probably not even Shoma. Heck possibly not even Jason Brown. 

What would be amusing to see is if some of the guys, like PChan, Javi and Yuzu get pissed off enough that they actually try to enter the ISU as a vice pres or as a consultant or as a president even. That would seriously raise the profile of the ISU, possibly considering the sponsorships they have privately, could there even be more commercial sponsorships for figure skating as a whole? More grants for skaters? Regardless of what ISU feels, these skaters are loved by their feds, so what the ISU is doing seems to be in isolation of the feds.  But given that the ISU's recent move seems more like a reactive power grab, I doubt they'd even accept any of those 3 skaters as possible candidates. That is the sad part. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Yuzu once said that "as an athlete, it is their job to adapt to rules" (Something like this, I can't find the translations yet).. so Yuzu would probably say the same knowing how he usually responds to this kind of questions but maybe add a little shade in there :knc_brian3:

Honestly if the sport is not doing him any justice.. as bad as it may sound, I'd rather have him retire early just like how he wanted to back then.. to retire while he is at his best. When that time comes, it will be a huge slap in the face to the ISU. The new judging system makes its seems like its easier to inflate the scores especially with the new jumps values and the +5GOEs. I feel bad to all skaters who are working really hard but not getting their fair scores as they should've get. Thanks judges. :animated-smileys-angry-041:

But I still want to see him continue tho.. he still needs to show more new programs :facepalm::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Either way if he decides to continue skating, I'm sure he'll try his best and break the scoring system again.. but. hmm I'm gonna be so salty bout this :68811363: