General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu really has very good judgment when it comes to choosing the artists for his collaborations, right? Kiyozuka is a more than impressive pianist, I have listened to some of the videos on his channel and in a way he is like Yuzu, his way of playing the piano goes beyond the screen and goes directly inside you. Really an amazing artist. 

Thank you all for the updates! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I can put myself in his place and I had a bit of the same thoughts, after the storm at the end of 1999 (17 days without water/no electricity) and living at the time in the countryside and I had starlight and that of the sentences of the cars on the highway and I saw like a "luminous snake" 

Annabelle, speculate on what????? :peek:  

Speculate about what Notte Stellata will be about. There will be a second teaser on Saturday :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

The music program, my gosh, so much to say and too little time...(why do I have to work and why do I need to sleep?:curse:) so for now just this: I wish there were more programs like this. Idk if it's my hyper focus on Yuzu, but I felt that lately the quality of jpn FS related programs had declined (western programs are mostly nonexistent so couldn't really get much worse). Not anymore the in-depth analysis like in that Yuzu road to Sochi doc, mostly just hyping up jump BV or number of quads and parroting narratives, little talk about everything concerning performance aspect and relation to music... most of the recent exceptions being Yuzu related.

But this? This is the kind of program that, while being fascinating both for noobs and for people already into either music or FS, also brings you on a journey that will leave you a bit more in love with FS and with music both (and with even greater respect and admiration for the people who present their work so passionately and intelligently!):tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Yuzuruskating really is the best Fugureskating can be and Yuzuru has such a special link with Music.

While FS community is hampered by backroom deals and stifling interests (also, deep-seated real ignorance. Never seen a sport where not knowing sh1t about the sport&its actual rules is so normalized ETA: I meant within the skating community, the people practicing teaching judging and writing about the sport), professionals in other fields are able to recognize Yuzuru's skills, vision and passion for his craft.

I'm happy that the whole segment is being translated and subbed, it's truly one of those vids you wanna rewatch again and again while understandanding everything is being said. A feast for senses and for mind!:665e343793b9:

Uh I'm blabbing more than I expected and haven't even actually got in depth about anything specific:laughing:

.. running to bed now! Thank you to everyone who translated & posted news <3 Today I'm a happy satellite :big-bed-smiley:

Sorry if this is the incorrect thread and it is off topic.

Nekomasamune is a huge fan of Yuzu and the strawberry shortcake tissue cover stood in for PM Pooh in PyongChang. Pooh and Piglet are Yuzu's loyal subjects on Planet Hanyu and the Emperor's most loyal companions, at least Pooh is and Piglet is Pooh's emotional support piglet I mean friend:YuzuPoohLove:

13 hours ago, EisElle said:

The music program, my gosh, so much to say and too little time...(why do I have to work and why do I need to sleep?:curse:) so for now just this: I wish there were more programs like this. Idk if it's my hyper focus on Yuzu, but I felt that lately the quality of jpn FS related programs had declined (western programs are mostly nonexistent so couldn't really get much worse). Not anymore the in-depth analysis like in that Yuzu road to Sochi doc, mostly just hyping up jump BV or number of quads and parroting narratives, little talk about everything concerning performance aspect and relation to music... most of the recent exceptions being Yuzu related.

But this? This is the kind of program that, while being fascinating both for noobs and for people already into either music or FS, also brings you on a journey that will leave you a bit more in love with FS and with music both (and with even greater respect and admiration for the people who present their work so passionately and intelligently!):tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Yuzuruskating really is the best Fugureskating can be and Yuzuru has such a special link with Music.

While FS community is hampered by backroom deals and stifling interests (also, deep-seated real ignorance. Never seen a sport where not knowing sh1t about the sport&its actual rules is so normalized ETA: I meant within the skating community, the people practicing teaching judging and writing about the sport), professionals in other fields are able to recognize Yuzuru's skills, vision and passion for his craft.

I'm happy that the whole segment is being translated and subbed, it's truly one of those vids you wanna rewatch again and again while understandanding everything is being said. A feast for senses and for mind!:665e343793b9:

Uh I'm blabbing more than I expected and haven't even actually got in depth about anything specific:laughing:

.. running to bed now! Thank you to everyone who translated & posted news <3 Today I'm a happy satellite :big-bed-smiley:

Interesting. For what you say, for me the programs related to FS are a reflection of what the competition is currently. You can't ask for much reflection or depth from those who are satisfied with jumping (and not even beautifully) and little else. I feel like, except for a few exceptions, the connection between music and skating is fast being lost. Also, for Yuzu skating is not just a sport or his job, for him it is a form of expression and life and it shows not only in his performances, but also in every interview or tv program. Hopefully we can continue to see more programs like this, where we learn more details about how Hanyu Yuzuru's figure skating world is :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

14 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Not surprised about the "this program is so hard" comnent. How "many" crossovers was it again? 6? 8?

It's a genius program even if it didn't catch my heart.

I think that's why I like Rondo so much, both the music and the skating are so intense. It's normal for Yuzu to find it exhausting, but it's another program that only Hanyu Yuzuru can skate :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::7938863: