General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, birnasan said:

- I heared Javi say loud and clear in yesterday’s broadcast that Yuzu will continue to compete :2thumbsup: He probably knows what Yuzu himself wants and hopes to do.

I really doubt he knows anything. I don't think Yuzu shares his future plan with Javi. And Javi doesn't know much about Yuzu either. 

53 minutes ago, birnasan said:

He made it pretty clear at JNats that it had originally been his plan to land 4A there and then retire right away. He has indicated retirement not so long ago.

My own speculations are:

- He says he still wants to land 4A. He won‘t try it on a small and dark show rink with bad ice condition. If he wants 4A, he will continue to compete.

- His injury is not fully healed yet, and he may have to wait and see how far it can heal and if he can realistically practice 4A with his ankle again.

- He seems to avoid interviews these days. The Ice Jewels interview had only 3 questions (previously Ice Jewels interviews had been quite long), and according to Olympics, he refused to talk to the media after the first Makuhari show. Maybe he doesn’t want to be asked about about his future career right now because needs more time for a final decision?

- I heared Javi say loud and clear in yesterday’s broadcast that Yuzu will continue to compete :2thumbsup: He probably knows what Yuzu himself wants and hopes to do.

I.... somehow missed that interview?...  Okay, that's news to me and I need some time... hehe... But it makes sense, because he's won everything there is to be won, he participated in 3 Olympics, he pushed the sport, the 4A we know is his last dream... so, as long as Yuzu still thinks he's able to complete the 4A and (hopefully) ratify it himself, if not, at least present the Hanyu 4A to the world, it's still retirement on his own terms. And that's the best way for him to go out of competition. 

Now, how about we switch to a happier topic?  Haha

Yuzu will want to land 4A in competition, should be ISU comp for ratification of landed 4A

He may also wish to see what the new scoring system will mean for 'Yuzuru Hanyu' skating

If Yuzu wants to compete, it's his decision. I hope that Yuzu skates the way he wants and on his terms. He can finish whenever he chooses. 

Yuzu may turn up to whichever competition he wants to compete in first in the upcoming season and skate a programme that please him. Even if beautiful elements will not contribute to scores, Yuzu will skate in the gorgeous way that he knows best and everyone watching will be mesmerised. 

If nobody else skates in that way, perhaps Yuzu's skating will be even more noticeable 

I hope that we won't see systematic humiliation with under valued scoring. 

The medals tally, the sports and civilian awards, tributes from other skaters, fans and celebrities/ artists in different fields, all serve to remind the skating world that Yuzuru Hanyu is 'the once and future king' 

I agree that his injury hasn’t fully healed, because Yuzu said that. I understand, perhaps incorrectly, that Yuzu doesn’t make participation announcements early or quickly, so I am not surprised that he has made no announcement about the upcoming season yet. However, I admit that I no longer trust anything Javi says, because he has a track record of misspeaking. If Yuzu wanted to reveal he is not retiring, I don’t believe he would allow Javi to unveil it by informing him. Yuzu likes to be in control, and he certainly wouldn’t give someone outside of his family that big of a revelation, especially someone who cannot handle the press well. I believe that Yuzu would want to speak for himself. 

Correct, Yuzu mentioned in interview that healing was not yet complete. All the same Yuzu seemed to be able to perform jumps with good height and rotation during the show numbers. 

First event for the new season would be September, Challenger series and October for Grand Prix series.

Yuzu skated in shows during 2018 summer, initially without jumps and then introducing jumps as is strength and rehab and healing was established. The physical demands of shows would help with physical conditioning, stamina and strengthening as well as the mental side of performing in front of spectators. Of course different from competition in may aspects, but it is still great for confidence boosting, knowing that there are hordes of loyal fans who want to watch him skate and support him

It occurred to me that whilst there will always be medallists and lots of different ice shows. CiONTU would have fallen flat if Yuzu was only a jump skater. The programmes from Yuzu's archive were just as aesthetically pleasing minus jumps because they were so rich with movement and meaning and well crafted. 

9 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

Ce sont les forfaits VIP et les prix (sous spoiler)

Masquer le contenu

VIP PLATINUM PLUS : sièges exclusifs dans le secteur Platinum Plus, entrée privée, salon et hôtesse dédiés, restauration gastronomique, cadeau Deluxe - 1600 €

VIP PLATINUM : places exclusives dans le secteur Platinum, salon et hôtesse dédiés, restauration gastronomique, cadeau - 1375 €

VIP GOLD : places exclusives dans le secteur Gold, salon et hôtesse dédiés, restauration gastronomique, cadeau - 990 €

WOOOOOOO :smiley-shocked032: the 3 prices , il's verry expensive ..... ( direct in English ) 

The VIP tickets are expensive

What price dear friends would be fair to see a Magical Skating Unicorn?

Spoiler

This might be my only chance.  World Championships in Japan will be the usual Hunger Games for tickets and 4CC is Australia, so maybe bit too far to travel even for unicorn sighting

21 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Hide contents

This might be my only chance.  World Championships in Japan will be the usual Hunger Games for tickets and 4CC is Australia, so maybe bit too far to travel even for unicorn sighting

I would pay any amount to see him.  Is there anyone on here that has the pull to organize a group booking for all of us on the forum who want to go to the GPF?

23 minutes ago, NattyTashi said:

I would pay any amount to see him.  Is there anyone on here that has the pull to organize a group booking for all of us on the forum who want to go to the GPF?

I would be so in for a group booking, only not for the VIP packages, but for the more resonably priced (reasonably is probably a stretch, but compared to VIP, maybe) all-event tickets.

Of course, no clue about ticket tires/circles yet, but as a general idea

@Perelandra I hope he gets assigned to Torino and you guys manage to go! 

I feel there’s a lot of anxiety in newer fans regarding getting a chance to see him in what appears to be borrowed time, but I do think it will be manageable in the next couple of years perhaps! 
I for sure cannot make it to Europe, but I really hope anyone who wants to see him live at least once gets the chance to do so!

I also don’t believe neither Javi, nor Brian, nor anyone apart from his very close circle is aware of his plans (his parents and non skater friends, for example). If he has new programs in mind maybe Shae-Lynn and Ghislain will be made aware in appropriate time, or Satomi, but that’s about it. 

So many things to consider right now about pushing a career in these circumstances, and so many eyes awaiting for it. 

Anyway! 
I shared this somewhere else but I reckon most apparently did not see that there’s yet ANOTHER angle of our favorite princess lift, so to lift our spirits! 

Also just because I love this shot:

Edit: and a fun little game, guess Yuzu program by a 30 second clip of a black and white muted step sequence :D 

9 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Hide contents

Oh man you have no idea how loud I just yelled when I saw that there's a major figure skating event in my country next year 😂 thank youuuu, I never thought this would happen, Australia does not generate a lot of figure skating interest, especially not in our summer 😂

2 hours ago, BlinkyInky said:

Oh man you have no idea how loud I just yelled when I saw that there's a major figure skating event in my country next year 😂 thank youuuu, I never thought this would happen, Australia does not generate a lot of figure skating interest, especially not in our summer 😂

Lucky you 4CC is due to be in Sydney 2023, to replace the championship that was cancelled in 2021, due to COVID

Would love to attend but Oz is bit too far to travel atm, even for a sighting of our beloved Ice Emperor. Hope that you will be able to buy tickets and meet other satellites and be drenched with Pooh rain