General Yuzuru Chat

11 分ぐらい, Anony said:

You should probably make one then, I'm sure there will be other members that will find it useful

Is it?  Wow!!  But how can I make it?  I thought a new thread can only be created by admins.

16 minutes ago, sister555 said:

Is it?  Wow!!  But how can I make it?  I thought a new thread can only be created by admins.

Since Japanese Study Group is in Space Junk, an English one would probably belong there as well, I assume. But, if you're on a computer, there should be a button on the upper right that says "Start new topic."

25 分ぐらい, kaerb said:

I was going to do the timestamps but then Geo1 linked a word-for-word translation so I think I'll check that first and maybe post about specific words I couldn't hear? Really appreciate your help! ( :

OK!  I'll be waiting for your post after you checked the word-for-word translation site! :)

Just now, Anony said:

Since Japanese Study Group is in Space Junk, an English one would probably belong there as well, I assume. But, if you're on a computer, there should be a button on the upper right that says "Start new topic."

Have you thought about making a Kumamon thread? Your ava :rofl:

3 分ぐらい, Anony said:

Thank you so much Anony for a clear explanation!

But then again Hydro, do you think an "English study" group is worth to be created??

At least for me everyone on the forum looks a Maestro of English!!!

11 minutes ago, sister555 said:

Thank you so much Anony for a clear explanation!

But then again Hydro, do you think an "English study" group is worth to be created??

At least for me everyone on the forum looks a Maestro of English!!!

Why not, we have a japanese one, since the forum is mainly about a japanese skater. But the main language here is english and many of us aren't natives so yeah, it might be useful.

11 分ぐらい, Hydroblade said:

Why not, we have a japanese one, since the forum is mainly about a japanese skater. But the main language here is english and many of us aren't natives so yeah, it might be useful.

Thank you!!  I'll try one. :)

52 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Ahh thank you! Honestly, I do it partly because I get amused by things and want to share and partly to motivate myself to practice my Japanese comprehension as I haven't studied it formally in about 5 years (I couldn't continue studying it at university because my degree doesn't allow me to have many elective units). I'm at a level where I generally understand the gist (with some help from Google translate on some of the vocab) but wouldn't dream of saying I could accurately translate line-for-line.

Geo1 linking the formal translation I couldn't find earlier (thank you!) is like a 'check your exam answers' situation and good for my learning hahahaha I think I may have gotten 75% in the parts I did translate? :laughing:  

I'd love to interact more with the current J -> E translators and learn from you guys though, and your offers to help are incredibly appreciated. Happy to translate simple things like news bulletins if it frees you guys up to do more complex translations ( : 

I SO understand the amusement part! (In this case, I particularly love dorky Yuzu - like at the start of KnH2 - or very すなお Yuzu, like in a very early interview, when the interviewer (I forgot who it was ^^; ) twice went like, "just HOW old are you?" and he was, sweetly smiling, "16才です" ^_^

Pardon the walk down memory lane, please. ;)

As I said, translating and interpreting is part of my job so usually I get paid for it - sometimes extra paid :P;) - but over the years in fandoms I love/d I've done it just for the fun of sharing and to try my best to let overseas fans know what really was said.

I guess I might be a bit picky/paranoid about it since a 2007 - iirc - really very well meant translation said the opposite of the Japanese article because google translate doesn't really handle all those "hiragana tails" to verbally used kanji well. (Or actually, not at all. :P )

Anyhow, please feel free to contact me any time about Japanese or translation questions. I can't promise I'll answer immediately but answer I will.