Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henni147

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henni147

  1. Suggestion for the long summer break: TCC can invite Jordan for one day to the club and record a small Team Cricket show. Everyone can skate in normal training gear and choose a program or do a funny impro challenge. It would be so cute, if the skaters announced each other and commented on each other's performances with mommy Tracy Advantages: no need to travel, no media madness, safe, calm and familiar atmosphere, no pressure...
  2. The Cricket Family is healthy and happy. Best news of the day Yuzu sounds like he just finished a marathon of 10 FS run throughs or practiced 4A, 5A and 6A in a row
  3. There you go. I'm off for 20 hours and 9 new pages in the General Chat wtfhdkbfkmhohgdfh It may sound a bit strange, but I'm so happy right now for so many reasons: It's such a relief that skaters, fans and officials don't have to risk their health in the face of recent events regarding the Corona virus. I would be really worried for everyone. I don't get why they waited so long with the cancelling, but better late than never, I'd say. It feels a bit like retributive justice for all those skaters who got robbed of a chance to compete at Worlds like Yan Han, Donovan Carrillo or Dasa Grm. I felt so sorry for them. NO. AWARD. CLOWNERY. This is a gift from heaven. There is something like a God after all. Yuzu finally gets the chance to finish a season injury-free with a lot of time to rest, prepare new programs and practice without disruptions. Imagine, how amazing the result will be. Yuzu is back on top of the world rankings where he belongs. It doesn't make up for all the robbery that happened in the past years, but hey. It's a start. This is the first time that I'm totally chilled about the long drought, because I have the strong and positive feeling that it will be worth the wait!
  4. If Yuzu doesn't win MVS for whatever perverse reason, feel free to remind the ISU, who has turned Laureus 2019, Google Search 2019 and ESPN 100 upside down in the past two seasons. The man with 0 SM followers who beats Novak Djokovic and Tiger Woods in online search numbers. Fanyus flooding Laureus' Twitter account and Google's comment section on YT were definitely moments for the history books To make 100% sure that these sweeties never get lost, I decided to save them as screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-JkDKyibppT4ROhV75tghxf-nSZuLWV https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ASyNxsOqtofN018B3iIxZGigUyH2X-lj
  5. Did anyone mention Yuzu's sit spins?! I think, it's time to bring back my sit spin attention post Joking aside. My current perception of Yuzu's spins is the following (it's a bit longer, so I put it into spoilers):
  6. It would be fun, if Origin 2.0 miraculously won the award for best program or costume, while Yuzu casually dropped it midseason (It's not that the award wasn't 100% deserved, though. #TeamOrigin)
  7. I know, what terrible things happened to her and I condemn this anti behavior strongly. It's the judges and only the judges who should have been criticized for the scores and calls they gave. Zhenya didn't deserve anything of the cruel hate she received. It's the same with Sotnikova and Nathan and many other skaters who suffered terrible shitstorm waves from haters, while just working hard and doing their best. BUT: You clearly have to distinguish between vicious haters, who attack you as a person, and people who simply criticize your technical flaws to point out the issues in the judging system. I have the feeling that this distinction between haters and critics doesn't happen in many cases. What annoyed me about Brian's comment so much is that he threw Lutz edges, costumes and hairstyles in the same pot. Costume debates are something completely subjective and up to your personal taste. A technical flaw is not subjective and shouldn't be treated like that. This is exactly the reason why so many people question figure skating as an Olympic sport. Working hard is not a GOE bullet. All skaters work hard. What they deserve are scores that reflect their skating abilities properly. However, if my criticism was inappropriate, I apologize. This is just my honest opinion. @Fay Thank you very much for your translation work!
  8. Sigh, Brian... With this comment he probably fueled the hate against Zhenya even more... Of course, you can't blame Zhenya for her technique and especially not attack her as a person. She tries her best and doesn't deserve the hate she gets. Full stop. But figure skating is a sport, not a charity event. Fans fight a never ending battle for more integrity, objectivity and fairness in the judging system, while Brian downplays the whole situation by comparing technical flaws with costumes and hairstyles. I want to scream right now. What exactly expects Brian from us fans now? To overlook and accept selective edge calls from now on? To stay silent and watch how real Lutzes are on the verge of extinction? Yes, I might not be able to jump a proper Lutz myself, but there ARE skaters out there who CAN do it exceptionally well and wait for the reward they don't get... one of them is your own student, Brian. This one comment really annoys me, because I share Brian's opinion and philosophy as a coach in so many aspects, especially about longevity and personality in figure skating. I also appreciate the communication with parents and the protection of his students from social media.
  9. Aye. Patrick was considered as the God of skating skills, Javi a master of performance and iconic programs and Nathan the Quad King. Three completely different strengths and Yuzu managed to beat them all on the biggest stage: the Olympics. This underlines Yuzu's complete package. If his biggest rival was an excellent spinner or a genius in transition work, Yuzu could compete with that, too. He has no weaknesses really but top quality in all departments and that puts him above the rest.
  10. Same thought Well. Ballade wins the prize for most performances, most world records, most clean skates, most costume changes and most recyclings. That clearly qualifies it as the ultimate final boss. Frederic would be proud. Random thought: how many skaters have 32 different programs to set up a popularity contest with five k.o. rounds? That much about Yuzu and recycling.
  11. I honestly thought that the shortening to 4:00 would affect Yuzu the least, since his jumps need the least preparation which leads to more room for actual choreography. But I didn't count in three factors: Some skaters with quads could reduce their choreo to a minimum without being punished at all (even rewarded). That gave them an enormous advantage. Because of that Yuzu had to up his number of quads to stay competitive. In Barcelona he had 3 quads in 8 jumping passes with additional 30 seconds to recover. In Torino he had 5 quads in 7 jumping passes and zero breathing room. However, Yuzu refused to lower the overall quality of his free programs. He rather goes through the wringer now and does 3 jump elements in 20 seconds than dropping any part of Seimei's choreo. That makes things extra hard of course... Retrospectively I have to say that all three performances of Origin in Saitama, Kelowna and Torino were little miracles, considering the packed layout, huge tempo and dense choreographic content around it. I don't think that any other skater would survive the first 30 seconds of Origin (some might lose their balance in the starting pose already). Not to mention the rest. Seimei will be just as hard with all the breathing rooms cut off. But it's Yuzuru Mr Impossible Hanyu, we're talking about...
  12. I just realized something really promising!! 19/20 is Yuzu's season of breaking all types of ancient curses, aye? Skate Canada curse, 4CC curse, injury at second GP curse... Well, there is one curse left... Yuzu never managed to skate two clean programs at Worlds so far... Now guess, what that means... #Footnote: There's a three years gap between 2014, 2017 and 2020... We know very well, what happened in '14 and '17... I wouldn't mind, if the series continued...
  13. I have to share a little home story from today. I was working on a scientific survey about math homework, when I suddenly heard a familiar sound... Parisienne Walkways. I couldn't resist to look where it came from. In the living room my mom started a +2hours long playlist of Yuzu programs and we watched it together. Best way to finish a long day of work
  14. Yuzu skating to the ultimate ISU Award Blues 2020 Some people live for the fortune. Some people live just for the fame. Some people live for the power, yeah. Some people live just to play the game. Some people think that the physical things define what's within. And they will host the show and present the awards So full of the superficial... Some people want it all. But I don't want nothing at all, If I'm not judged fairly, If I ain't got my gold, baby. Some people want tiny rinks. Some just want everything. But everything means nothing, If I ain't got you, Nessie.
  15. Thanks for the detailed information! Well, that explains many things...
  16. That's my thought, too... Let's say, ISU really managed to invite Justin Bieber or some other Canadian celebrity to the show. Some fangirls of Bieber might watch the awards because of him, but they won't become fans of the sport because of him. #Footnote: They might become fanyus, if Yuzu made a special collab with Justin to 'Somebody to love', but that's another story About the ISU YouTube Channel: I really hate the current thumbnails of the videos. Everything looks the same... plain text only. Even for me as a fan of figure skating it's rather distracting than appealing. It's annoying to have figure skating, speed skating and short track on the same channel (for me at least). If you want to rewatch Skate Canada for example, you have to scroll down for ages to find what you're looking for. As a long-time fan I have my own sources and search techniques by now, but how do you want to introduce new fans to figure skating, if the popular clips are nowhere featured but get lost in the mass of new uploads? I don't know, how things work with regional restrictions. Does it only affect the livestreams or the normal video uploads, too? I'm always surprised that some fancams or broadcast uploads on private channels have higher view numbers than the official clips of the ISU channel If it's really the geoblocking that prevents Yuzu clips from reaching +1M views, well then it's really... stupid.
  17. I feel the same about H&L. His performance in Seoul radiated so much strength and passion but freedom and lightness at the same time. For me - from a pure performance perspective - it even surpassed Helsinki despite the little spin wobble at the end. It's the same with Seimei at MOI. It was just otherworldly - especially with the epic backward crossrolls. I can't help, but Seimei feels somehow incomplete without them. Imo it's an integral part of the choreo, the atmosphere and the whole body language of Seimei. The scores and results don't reflect this at all, but in my humble opinion Yuzu's skating qualities and performance abilities reached another level since PyeongChang. He was incredible back then already, but now he's even better. This kind of continuous balanced development in all aspects is what makes Yuzu extra special for me. After 10 senior seasons there's still progression and not only a little, but a lot. I celebrate this so much.
  18. Honestly speaking. This season has inofficially ended for me with the great men's event at the 4CC in Seoul. I could watch and enjoy it without thinking about scores and bias and unfairness too much. For me THAT was figure skating. These kind of high quality events made me fall in love with this sport during the Yuzu/Javi cycle. Especially the short program reminded me of the good old days in Barcelona 2015, Helsinki 2017 and PyeongChang 2018, where the overall quality of the event was stellar. I don't have any hope or expectation for Montreal. As long as Yuzu gets the performances he wants and is happy with his personal achievements, I'm happy as well. Numbers don't mean anything in this system anyway. It's the magic moments that people will rewatch and remember for generations. That's my attitude at the moment.
  19. This is a bit OT, but I can share some special personal experiences with flags and anthems: I think, Yuzu treats this topic in a smart way and I hope that he doesn't change his view and rituals because of inappropriate accusations like this.
  20. An incredibly rare species of a quad jump that must be protected from extinction. It's too beautiful to disappear from the landscape of figure skating.
  21. I cannot imagine that they are THIS dumb to exclude Yuzu from the show. As much as they wish him to hell, they know that in Yuzu's absence they will have empty seats. Fanyus (who probably bought 2/3 of the tickets) won't stay to watch Stojko and this clownery of an award show. I bet my salary that Yuzu is a lock for this show, no matter what he does in competition. If he doesn't win, he still gets invited as an award winner and special guest or sth. I'm absolutely not happy about this situation, but that's how it will be.
  22. I think, the time has finally come to nominate Yuzuru Hanyu's triple Axel as a UNESCO World Heritage.
  23. Recently I read so many comments like: 'Why are fanyus whining again? 3.66 GOE for a 3A is nearly perfect. Only +4s and +5s. He is not underscored at all'. I think, there are currently three big issues that casual viewers don't see (or don't want to see): 1. Giving +4s instead of +5s for a single element is numerically not a big deal, indeed. However, for 7 elements in the short and 12 in the free these little differences multiply very quickly and the skater ends up with 5-10 points less than he or she actually deserves. I also can't hear the argument anymore that it doesn't change anything in the placements. As long as world records, personal and season's bests are officially recorded, every single point on the scoresheet counts. 2. Giving +4s to Yuzu's elements wouldn't be that problematic, if some other skaters didn't receive multiple +5s and other candies with much lower quality. But they do and that devaluates Yuzu's quality elements. 3. In case of Yuzu's 3A it's not only a question of raw points. I think, this is about honoring an iconic element and making a statement. +5s across the board would send the message to the skating world: Yes. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the standard for a perfect 3A and a perfect technical element in general. If you want a +5, you have to level or top this. By giving +4s to Yuzu's 3A the judges make the clear statement that this jump is not their standard (anymore). Just to put things into perspective: Between 2015 and 2018 in the short program Yuzu received the maximum 3.00 GOE for his triple Axel 8 times in 15 attempts. 2.00 was the lowest GOE he got in these 3 years for his Axel in any SP (average GOE: 2.77). Since the introduction of the new +/-5 system he received the maximum 4.00 GOE only once in 10 short programs. This tells a lot about the new system and Yuzu's popularity among the judges.
  24. I just want to say 'Thank You!' to the Planet Reading and writing here with fellow fanyus is so healing. So many thoughtful, creative and encouraging posts. Such a nice and friendly atmosphere, too. I don't have to worry about my blood pressure (very important). On other platforms I always want to put on my armour, take out my sword and shield and fight everyone who writes stupid stuff about Yuzu I can't help, but I have such strong protective feelings for this adorkable super hero who can fly... aye?
  25. The other thing is: we have more than enough sports, where men can play with their muscles and power and punch each other. Figure skating is one of the VERY few remaining sports, where men have the possibility to show their elegance, grace and artistic qualities. Please, don't take this room away from them, especially if thousands and millions of skating fans want to see and celebrate exactly that. The demand is huge. It's so narrow-minded to think that the only form of strength is raw power. Real strength is, when you believe in yourself and your values. When you don't betray yourself to appeal to others or satisfy old stereotypes. When you're not ashamed of your emotions and weaknesses but turn them into something that reaches people's heart. That's why Yuzu is the strongest of them all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.