Traveling Satellites

MeowZu

9 hours ago, MeowZu said:

I guess I'll start then.

Anyone here from Russia? I'm planning to visit SPB this December. Is that a good time?

That's a very advanced planning! Or maybe it's just me who always plan last minute... 

I'm not from Russia but I saw friends posting photos of their Russia (including SPB) trip in December. Definitely looks better than my trip in November which gave me just cold and grey sky. If I can't get blue sky, then I rather have cold and snow. 

Now I'm thinking of a good place to bring my parents on a tour. I'm actually thinking of China but can't decide on a city that will be suitable for old folks. 

9 hours ago, MeowZu said:

I guess I'll start then.

Anyone here from Russia? I'm planning to visit SPB this December. Is that a good time?

If you can , you should hit SPB during the warmer part of the year  - it’s just that the city is close to the Baltic Sea, so it’s windy and damp throughout the year. And freezing cold in late autumn and winter and early spring. 

Given the distances between all those grand buildings, it makes a very uncomfortable experience. 

4 hours ago, yumeaki said:

That's a very advanced planning! Or maybe it's just me who always plan last minute... 

I'm not from Russia but I saw friends posting photos of their Russia (including SPB) trip in December. Definitely looks better than my trip in November which gave me just cold and grey sky. If I can't get blue sky, then I rather have cold and snow. 

Now I'm thinking of a good place to bring my parents on a tour. I'm actually thinking of China but can't decide on a city that will be suitable for old folks. 

Just recently went to China and I must tell you, Hangzhou is a must see! It's not as grand as Beijing, but it's definitely pretty. So peaceful especially West Lake. Plus it's only an hour away from Shanghai.

4 hours ago, Fay said:

If you can , you should hit SPB during the warmer part of the year  - it’s just that the city is close to the Baltic Sea, so it’s windy and damp throughout the year. And freezing cold in late autumn and winter and early spring. 

Given the distances between all those grand buildings, it makes a very uncomfortable experience. 

Is it foggy and gloomy like other winter countries?

Whenever I read the thread name I got reminded of interspace planetary/other astronomical bodies' probes instead (eg. Voyager 1 and 2, Pioneer, New Horizon etc.) instead of a thread about traveling :xD:

...doesn't mean I wouldn't make use of this thread though (so thank you for making it @MeowZu :68468287:, though currently I am more moored at my current residence instead of being able to travel around as I'd like to be).