Suggestions?

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Hm, it's not really about the quantity of the topics but where people will want to search for them first. 

I agree with you, I also found the previous version slightly confusing from the inconsistency of what is created inside that sub-forum. I don't think that adding sub will solve this

1 minute ago, Gingers said:

That's the point here,if 10 competition considered alot then it only take half of a page.Why bother to create separate sub-forum?

Multiply that 10, because it is most likely that we'll have separate threads for the ladies, mens, ID or pairs events (SP and also FS) at least for the bigger competitions.

3 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Multiply that 10, because it is most likely that we'll have separate threads for the ladies, mens, ID or pairs events (SP and also FS) at least for the bigger competitions.

and all this competition not happen in the same time

Just now, Gingers said:

I agree with you, I also found the previous version slightly confusing from the inconsistency of what is created inside that sub-forum. I don't think that adding sub will solve this

There were some nested subforums so we tried to take them out. Nested subforums were causing a problem in which people were confused because they couldn't find the threads that were on another place, and also people tended to forget about the nested subforums. The goal was to provide the info with the least amount of clicks as possible. 

So there was actually just one subforum added, that was previously nested under Competitions and Events. 

And again, we're still trying to come up with a good solution to this. Things can change as the season starts, because right now we have no way to know what kind of threads will surface, but with the ones we can anticipate, we're trying to design a better structure.

1 minute ago, liha said:

The whole subforum will also act like an archive for competitions. They don't have to happen all at the same time.

Yeah, sure, as a rule, in the end, it might turn out to be the largest subforum there is... 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Why do they have to occur at the same time? 

It won't happen at the same time,which is why I don't understand why a users might have trouble finding the thread

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It doesn't matter, people might look for info about them later so we have to keep it as organized as possible

Forum admin/mod usually create archive for important stuff 

4 minutes ago, Gingers said:

It won't happen at the same time,which is why I don't understand why a users might have trouble finding the thread

We try to make this as intuitive as possible.

And we don't want to leave that on an archive because i think that it's more intuitive to go:

"I want to read a thread about what happened on the ladies SP at Rostelecom, where should i search?" Archives, or competitions?

Since the person is looking for a thread related to a competition, of course the first place they're going to check, especially if it's an ongoing or recent event, is the Competitions subforum.

Just now, Gingers said:

Excuse me, do you mean to say competitions don't matter? People might disagree with you. 

Second - people are different. Many are like me, they love reading threads from older competitions. So having a separate subforum for competitions is very helpful. Has always been. I paid money on FSU to get access to previous seasons' competition threads. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Excuse me, do you mean to say competitions don't matter? People might disagree with you. 

Second - people are different. Many are like me, they love reading threads from older competitions. So having a separate subforum for competitions is very helpful. Has always been. I paid money on FSU to get access to previous seasons' competition threads. 

Did i say that? No need to get so worked up,calm down

2 minutes ago, Gingers said:

I get it now,so this forum is not a pure forum

excuse me, what is a pure forum in your understanding?

The purpose of this forum is to give fans a platform to discuss their favorite skater and FS. Being a "pure forum" (whatever that means) was never our intention.