Team China

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

Didn't see that coming, but if they are going for a comical angle, Boyang+Browning might work.

Wait really????

How reliable is that?! One of my friends keeps saying that Boyang could probably do Browning-type programs, personable and charming, with his own twist. I agree, tbh. One program like this one, and another more serious one like CTHD.

Here for this. 

Browning with Boing-Boing tho :rofl:

Just now, hoodie axel said:

Wait really????

How reliable is that?! One of my friends keeps saying that Boyang could probably do Browning-type programs, personable and charming. I agree, tbh. One program like this one, and another more serious one like CTHD.

Here for this. 

You know what I would not mind seeing? A serious one like CTHD for long, and a comical or more silly one for the SP.

But the music is classical- it sounds more like something you'd expect from a silent movie era film.  If anything, maybe going for a tragi-comedy angle. It could also be for the ex programs in Japan? But you know, it would be interesting if Browning does go beyond the comedy or modern type of music and programs-he's capable of it. And Boyang could learn a thing or two from Kurt about bladework.

It sounds classical in a "strange" way. I can see it being interpreted as something comical, but also tragi-comical as you say.

Here's a funny classical dance: 

Here's a funny dance to classical music:

If it's true, even if it's not "funny" (which I don't think anyone should be boxed into anyway), I'm excited for Boyang + Browning! If it's something completely new from either or both of them, that's even better!

According to twitter: Bernstein

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I... don't trust Kurt for choreography :slinkaway:

I don't trust Kurt with Yuzu...but it has been years since then, and the question is how has he evolved as a choreographer. He's not always a bad choice for ex.

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hello, I love you.....

Ah, didn't know Kurt was behind it. Don't think it will repeat given music choice, and because Boyang hasn't ever really sold himself as that kind of a skater. (Yuzuru had already done romeo and juliet and PW). And Kurt probably knows this, and has probably has evolved since. The thing about that one is that it relied a lot on the natural comfort of the skater, so if he just relies on that again, it will turn out to be a very different program anyway. 

44 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Never seen his choreography. Like his programs. What has he done with Yuzuru?

Kurt likes 'macho' performances/choreography. He did Yuzu's Hello I Love You and Javi's SuperJavi. In saying that, yeah... he might actually be a good fit for Boyang.

16 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Kurt likes 'macho' performances/choreography. He did Yuzu's Hello I Love You and Javi's SuperJavi. In saying that, yeah... he might actually be a good fit for Boyang.

Well we wanted someone other than Lori.....:slinkaway:

But the thing is, Boyang is dorky, goofy, funny--which are all traits that also fit Kurt. The thing is, if Boyang can inspire Kurt in making goofy, funny, silly artistic, and vice versa, maybe it will work out. What this little tweet made me think of though is what types of music work for Boyang, and I'm amused by the choice of early century classical music pieces- for example Bernstein, possibly Gershwin, maybe Britton even, composers that are not as well known, and a bit more "modern" or "jazzy." Those are some music choices that actually might work better for Boyang than the classical warhorses or even movie pieces composed by John Williams and co (who are maybe more avante garde).

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well we wanted someone other than Lori.....:slinkaway:

But the thing is, Boyang is dorky, goofy, funny--which are all traits that also fit Kurt. The thing is, if Boyang can inspire Kurt in making goofy, funny, silly artistic, and vice versa, maybe it will work out. What this little tweet made me think of though is what types of music work for Boyang, and I'm amused by the choice of early century classical music pieces- for example Bernstein, possibly Gershwin, maybe Britton even, composers that are not as well known, and a bit more "modern" or "jazzy." Those are some music choices that actually might work better for Boyang than the classical warhorses or even movie pieces composed by John Williams and co (who are maybe more avante garde).

At this point, I just want Boyang to try different choreographers so I'm looking forward to what Uncle Kurt has in store... (doesn't mean I've forgiven him for Hello I Love You though :P)

5 hours ago, Xen said:

Didn't see that coming, but if they are going for a comical angle, Boyang+Browning might work.

I am LOVING the sound of this! 

And I am so HAPPY for Boyang! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! 

I'm so sorry guys, the conductor was Bernstein, but the composer is Grofe, here's a recording of this. Pretty modern composer, and I'm amused by how off the beaten track this composer is...never heard of this guy, but the music's pacing does seem to suit Boyang!