Team China

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 8:39 PM, sublimeskating said:

you need to register with (chinese?) mobile number to be able to post on weibo...
they changed internet censorship rules so they're very strict on who can post stuff on chinese internet...

chinese fed is so meeeeeeh with their choices

like their choices often make me react with "WTF???!!!" so what else is new...

oh, boyang has a weibo, and he does crazy stuff at times, like live broadcasts, and raffling away his costumes (not sure how that went though). There might be an international version, since wechat and qq both do.

You can use email to sign up.

several funny interviews with team china: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av15670237/#page=1

maybe someone can fully translate or upload on youtube

highlight for me were: 

what kind of gifts do you like fans to throw after a competition? 

Everyone: we like everything fans did with heart. 

Han yan: of course MONEY! - No, I'm joking, you can throw everything. I'm not picky. 

Can you cook? 

Sui: I wanted to eat braised meat, he (Han) went to cook it and it turned out to be seafood tofu. 

Yan jin: I can cook. (Nudges Peng). She can't. (Laughs) Maybe it's not so good to say that. Cut that out!

Have you ever tasted your partners cooking?

Sui: It's OILY. VERY OILY. He never tasted my cookings though. 

Liu: No, I wouldn't dare. 

Wang: *glares*

Peng: Yes I did. 

Interviewer: Did you like it? 

Peng: I .... (Laughs like a minute) I liked it. 

Jin: What was that supposed to mean now?

Peng: No, I honestly, really liked it (laughing). It was good. Really. 

Do you wear long underwear? (Commonly worn by elderly Chinese)

Everyone: No

Liu: Yes, I do. My legs are long, so even if I wear another layer I wouldn't look chubby. 

Wang: RIiiiGHT! no matter how many layers he wears, you wouldn't notice

(Wang looked really envious when Liu mentioned his long legs, lol)

interviewer: A lot of people are saying that you look like the main character in the twilight movie (I'm not sure about this one, as I don't know the Chinese name for the twilight movies, lol)

Han yan: whaat. No, I'm not that handsome. 

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, Eclair said:

several funny interviews with team china: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av15670237/#page=1

highlight for me were: 

Han yan: of course MONEY! - No, I'm joking, you can throw everything. I'm not picky. 

Can you cook? 

Sui: I wanted to eat braised meat, he (Han) went to cook it and it turned out to be seafood tofu. 

Yan jin: I can cook. (Nudges Peng). She can't. (Laughs) Maybe it's not so good to say that. Cut that out!

Liu: Yes, I do. My legs are long, so even if I wear another layer I wouldn't look chubby. 

interviewer: A lot of people are saying that you look like the main character in the twilight movie (I'm not sure about this one, as I don't know the Chinese name for the twilight movies, lol)

:thanks:

You've got to love Team China :10636614: They are so cute and precious :10742289:

8 hours ago, Eclair said:

highlight for me were: 

Can you cook? 

I'm skipping the others and going straight to Boyang for our special satellites. Get ready for cosmetics advice from Boyang. 

interview with Boyang

Question 1: Since you've competed both nationally and internationally, after these 2 events, what score would you give for your current state:

Boyang: 5

Question 2: What will you concentrate on next for practicing and improving?

Boyang: Still concentrate more on familiarizing myself with my 2 programs. Because normally for practice when I focus on practicing jumps or endurance training, I am pretty mindful. However when it comes to putting everything together for choreography, there are still parts I’m not familiar with. If it’s just normal practice it’s a bit better, but when I competed the reaction was pretty big (T/N: negative), so I think there are still aspects that can be improved upon in the next 3 weeks, so I can show it well to everyone at CoC.

Q3: Are you adapting to the style change for this season’s new programs?

Boyang: Not quite adapting to it yet. There are 3 weeks till CoC, so the time is not that much. So hopefully I will continue to improve going forward/afterwards.

Q4: of the 2 programs, which do you like more?

Boyang: Both of course.  Though I might prefer the short more,  because it is new for me. Previously I’ve tried a lot of similar styles, including ones similar to the Star Wars free, the Crouching Tiger theme is the first time I’ve tried a program that has slower music, and requires more feelings and emotions to be injected into it. And at the same time I have to express these emotions, I have to combine it with harder movements. This is my first time attempting this. Because it’s a Chinese music style, I hope I can bring this style to life in the Olympics.

Q5: Who chose the music?

Boyang: Crouching tiger was chosen by me. Originally it was supposed to be for last year, but Lori liked Spiderman more, so we went with Spiderman. I made this request, probably because I’ve never seen the movie before,  probably because I’m very young. But when I heard it, it touched me. And suddenly this year I wanted to skate to a slower piece, so when I heard this music, I really liked it-maybe because it left a good impression and touched me emotionally.

Q6: Which character are you playing from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Boyang: Li Mubai. Played by the male god/idol.

Q7: What was the inspiration behind the free? What did you want to express?

Boyang: The last flight of the men’s. That the last flight of men’s is like Star Wars (T/N: I guess he means battle of the planets?).

Q8: The 3 segment format is very different from last year?

(T/N: I’m lost on this, really…)

Boyang: well last season was also 3 segments wasn’t it…no it was 2 segments. Yeah, this year it is because this year there were a lot of changes too perhaps. But after skating I felt it was okay, and was able to perform very well, so I should be alright.

Q9:  Will you see the new Star Wars film?

Boyang: I will. Definitely will.

Q10: We’ve collected some fans questions, please prepare yourself.  So, are you satisfied with your recent ironed/curled hairstyle? Or are you going to try some new hairstyle?

Boyang: I think I know who asked this. This hairstyle right now is my new hairstyle. It’s pretty handsome.

Interviewer asks him to shake his hair, so he proceeds to shake his hair out.

Interviewer: The question is are you satisfied?

Boyang: Satisfied? Of course, especially since I’m handsome (T/N: here he actually uses a slang that’s a bit like saying ore-sama in Japanese).

Q11: Do you wear long underwear?

Boyang: No, why wear them? I don’t wear them, after all I’m still young.

Q12: where did you get your eyebrows fixed?

Boyang: Who asked this?! Because this season I had to take photos for a magazine, so the magazine editorial make up artists fixed my eyebrows. So did I get more handsome again?

Q13: what do you like to eat?

Boyang: Besides vegetables, I like to eat most things. I like meat, sweet things.

Q14: what do you do in your free time?

Boyang: daydream

Q15: Are there any plushy toys you like?

Boyang: let me think…Spiderman. Dragons.

Q16: What type of gifts do you hope fans to give you?

Boyang: Dragons

Q17: Do you like shopping?

Boyang:  Yes, I like to go shopping. But I don’t really buy and I don’t really bring people.

Interviewer: how does that work?

Boyang: Kind of just like enjoying walking.

Q18: What is the thing that gave you the deepest impression of CoC?

Boyang: Yah…hmm I hope each time I compete I can get better results.
Interviewer: we asked for your deepest impression…

Boyang: What type of question is this?

Interviewer: well that time your nose bleed

Boyang: Have I had a nose bleeding incident before? That performance…? Ah, yes, yeah, that time. That is my deepest memory, thank you for reminding me.

Q19: When can we see your livestreams  again?

Boyang: I don’t know…(T/N: sorry, I didn’t catch the rest)

Q20: Do you have plans to add the 4Lo in this season?

Boyang: Because now I’m still familiarizing myself with my programs, and it’s still the start of the season, and while initially I thought about it, I think now the focus is on stabilizing and getting through the competitions first.

Q21: Have you jumped a 4A before in practice?

Boyang: Huh?! No No No No No! (T/N: why is he side-eyeing the camera and has Yuzu’s liar face on?!) I'm not that brave. 

Q22: Are you satisfied with your competition outfits?

Boyang: Satisfied.  Because the ones for the initial competitions are not actually final, they’re all just trials. The long program outfit I wore at Finlandia was done in about a day. And wasn’t used in competition before, so we’ll still continue to work on the outfit a bit more.

Q23: You’re going to go to the Olympics, how do you feel?

Boyang: I’m very excited. I can participate at the Olympics which is something I’ve always wanted,  so I’m also very happily/excitedly working towards this.

Q24:  What is your goal of the 2018 Olys?

Boyang: Goal…wow, this I haven’t even thought of. Um, then it is that I will show my best form and performance, do both programs successfully, and of course I hope I can represent Chinese singles skating and get a medal.

Q25: Do you have any wishes now that you’re 20 years old?

Boyang: Hmm. That I’m 20 already and still so young, I’m pretty happy.

Q26: Are you happy with today’s interview?

Boyang: Happy, very happy.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I'm skipping the others and going straight to Boyang for our special satellites. Get ready for cosmetics advice from Boyang. 

interview with Boyang

Question 1: Since you've competed both nationally and internationally, after these 2 events, what score would you give for your current state:

Boyang: 5

Question 2: What will you concentrate on next for practicing and improving?

Boyang: Still concentrate more on familiarizing myself with my 2 programs. Because normally for practice when I focus on practicing jumps or endurance training, I am pretty mindful. However when it comes to putting everything together for choreography, there are still parts I’m not familiar with. If it’s just normal practice it’s a bit better, but when I competed the reaction was pretty big (T/N: negative), so I think there are still aspects that can be improved upon in the next 3 weeks, so I can show it well to everyone at CoC.

Q3: Are you adapting to the style change for this season’s new programs?

Boyang: Not quite adapting to it yet. There are 3 weeks till CoC, so the time is not that much. So hopefully I will continue to improve going forward/afterwards.

Q4: of the 2 programs, which do you like more?

Boyang: Both of course.  Though I might prefer the short more,  because it is new for me. Previously I’ve tried a lot of similar styles, including ones similar to the Star Wars free, the Crouching Tiger theme is the first time I’ve tried a program that has slower music, and requires more feelings and emotions to be injected into it. And at the same time I have to express these emotions, I have to combine it with harder movements. This is my first time attempting this. Because it’s a Chinese music style, I hope I can bring this style to life in the Olympics.

Q5: Who chose the music?

Boyang: Crouching tiger was chosen by me. Originally it was supposed to be for last year, but Lori liked Spiderman more, so we went with Spiderman. I made this request, probably because I’ve never seen the movie before,  probably because I’m very young. But when I heard it, it touched me. And suddenly this year I wanted to skate to a slower piece, so when I heard this music, I really liked it-maybe because it left a good impression and touched me emotionally.

Q6: Which character are you playing from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Boyang: Li Mubai. Played by the male god/idol.

Q7: What was the inspiration behind the free? What did you want to express?

Boyang: The last flight of the men’s. That the last flight of men’s is like Star Wars (T/N: I guess he means battle of the planets?).

Q8: The 3 segment format is very different from last year?

(T/N: I’m lost on this, really…)

Boyang: well last season was also 3 segments wasn’t it…no it was 2 segments. Yeah, this year it is because this year there were a lot of changes too perhaps. But after skating I felt it was okay, and was able to perform very well, so I should be alright.

Q9:  Will you see the new Star Wars film?

Boyang: I will. Definitely will.

Q10: We’ve collected some fans questions, please prepare yourself.  So, are you satisfied with your recent ironed/curled hairstyle? Or are you going to try some new hairstyle?

Boyang: I think I know who asked this. This hairstyle right now is my new hairstyle. It’s pretty handsome.

Interviewer asks him to shake his hair, so he proceeds to shake his hair out.

Interviewer: The question is are you satisfied?

Boyang: Satisfied? Of course, especially since I’m handsome (T/N: here he actually uses a slang that’s a bit like saying ore-sama in Japanese).

Q11: Do you wear long underwear?

Boyang: No, why wear them? I don’t wear them, after all I’m still young.

Q12: where did you get your eyebrows fixed?

Boyang: Who asked this?! Because this season I had to take photos for a magazine, so the magazine editorial make up artists fixed my eyebrows. So did I get more handsome again?

Q13: what do you like to eat?

Boyang: Besides vegetables, I like to eat most things. I like meat, sweet things.

Q14: what do you do in your free time?

Boyang: daydream

Q15: Are there any plushy toys you like?

Boyang: let me think…Spiderman. Dragons.

Q16: What type of gifts do you hope fans to give you?

Boyang: Dragons

Q17: Do you like shopping?

Boyang:  Yes, I like to go shopping. But I don’t really buy and I don’t really bring people.

Interviewer: how does that work?

Boyang: Kind of just like enjoying walking.

Q18: What is the thing that gave you the deepest impression of CoC?

Boyang: Yah…hmm I hope each time I compete I can get better results.
Interviewer: we asked for your deepest impression…

Boyang: What type of question is this?

Interviewer: well that time your nose bleed

Boyang: Have I had a nose bleeding incident before? That performance…? Ah, yes, yeah, that time. That is my deepest memory, thank you for reminding me.

Q19: When can we see your broadcasts again?

Boyang: I don’t know…(T/N: sorry, I didn’t catch the rest)

Q20: Do you have plans to add the 4Lo in this season?

Boyang: Because now I’m still familiarizing myself with my programs, and it’s still the start of the season, and while initially I thought about it, I think now the focus is on stabilizing and getting through the competitions first.

Q21: Have you jumped a 4A before in practice?

Boyang: Huh?! No No No No No! (T/N: why is he side-eyeing the camera and has Yuzu’s liar face on?!) But of course I want to try.

Q22: Are you satisfied with your competition outfits?

Boyang: Satisfied.  Because the ones for the initial competitions are not actually final, they’re all just trials. The long program outfit I wore at Finlandia was done in about a day. And wasn’t used in competition before, so we’ll still continue to work on the outfit a bit more.

Q23: You’re going to go to the Olympics, how do you feel?

Boyang: I’m very excited. I can participate at the Olympics which is something I’ve always wanted,  so I’m also very happily/excitedly working towards this.

Q24:  What is your goal of the 2018 Olys?

Boyang: Goal…wow, this I haven’t even thought of. Um, then it is that I will show my best form and performance, do both programs successfully, and of course I hope I can represent Chinese singles skating and get a medal.

Q25: Do you have any wishes now that you’re 20 years old?

Boyang: Hmm. That I’m 20 already and still so young, I’m pretty happy.

Q26: Are you happy with today’s interview?

Boyang: Happy, very happy.

Omg Xen this was so much work to translate .... But actually it has already been translated by this twitter account: 

Boyang's interview is the only one that has been translated and fully uploaded ... Now we have two translations to compare 💪

I couldn't find full interviews of the other team members beside Han Yan and He Zhang though (they are linked in my original post), so I do hope we get to see the full interviews with Sui/Han, Cheng/Peng and Xiangning soon

Just now, Eclair said:

Omg Xen this was so much work to translate .... But actually it has already been translated by this twitter account: 

Boyang's interview is the only one that has been translated and fully uploaded ... Now we have two translations to compare 💪

I couldn't find full interviews of the other team members beside Han Yan and He Zhang though (they are linked in my original post), so I do hope we get to see the full interviews with Sui/Han, Cheng/Peng and Xiangning soon

Aww...I didn't know this at all *Cries*

1 minute ago, Eclair said:

:10742288: *pats on shoulder* Your translation is great though and I like it better than the one in the video :bow:

I'm glad from this video, it seems he finally has found a general direction he wants to take his artistry to. Stick with Crouching Tiger hidden dragon type of music, is my suggestion. There was this lovely section where it was all drum beats-he's fast and light enough that he can pull it off. The drama that comes from changes in rhythm I think might suit him more. =)

But his rationale for choosing star wars...ugh, BOYANG!!! :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

awww...  :10742289: :10742289: :10742289:

don't worry, your hard work is appreciated!

as @Eclair said, now we have 2 versions to compare!  :2thumbsup:

i thought boyang said that he didn't attempt 4A cuz he's too scared (by the high risk?) even though he wants to...

Yes, I misheard it, it should be "I'm not that brave."

17 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i thought star wars was chosen for him and not by him?

he mentions that he chose crouching tiger himself but didn't say that he chose star wars?

choosing star wars is good, just that the music cut is awful and the choreo is very bad.  it's so empty and doesn't connect with the music at all!

crouching tiger is a great choice and i really hope he will keep skating chinese music!  it's so refreshing to hear something different and crouching tiger has a BEAUTIFUL soundtrack that won oscar so there we have it for artistry...

i'm really glad boyang is taking the time and effort to work on his skating skills as well as jumps because it's really important to have a complete package and with the new isu rules coming into effect after this season, it's gonna be even more important to get those skating skills up to par

aw don't worry about it...

i doubt anyone other than yuzu is crazy enough to try 4A...

but then again yuzu is different because he's been set on the 4A for a very long time...

Um...I caught Boyang's sideeye, and I think he has Yuzu's liar face on when he replied....